image-234.jpg
image-495.jpg
image-285.jpg
image-937.jpg
image-199.jpg
image-948.jpg
image-972.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

When i did my second Fathom swap, I change all the insert socket for 44/47. I keep the 555 only for the GI. Can i suggest you to do the same, make a big difference with new socket and ground braid!

I also highly recommend replacing the 555 sockets with 44/47. I also upgraded all the lighting braids to 1/8" flat braid..

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from parkway:

Yeah that's what I keep hearing. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions once I finally get around to it. Daunting task, or so it seems....

I didn't actually buy new sockets. I had a couple old playfields with sockets in pretty good shape. A day or so in the tumbler and they cone out beautiful. I then soldered all the bases. Turned out great. Fathom was a pretty straight forward swap. Far easier than say High Speed!

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

With Fathom / old Ballys - is there any workaround OTHER than to solder every single lamp to the GI braid?
-mof

You're going to have to solder one way or another. Either directly to the lamp base or to a wire terminal to put under the screw.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-used-cpr-fathom-playfield-2004-halifax?tu=freeplay40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.