image-285.jpg
image-937.jpg
image-199.jpg
image-948.jpg
image-972.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi

I just remove a 2004 cpr playfield from my game to put a 2014 new one. The playfield have been in my game for 4 years. It's not perfect, but real close. I found a topic that explain all the difference between the 2004 and the 2009 playfield

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-playfield-by-cpr-differences

All the blue insert got the pinball pal correction kit

http://www.pinballpal.com/inserts/index.php

And the big advantage is all the mecanism as been installed so, all the hole are there and at the right place, so the swap shoulb be lot esier. The only assembly i had to chim is the drop target (6 bank and 1-2-3 bank).

The playfield got a couple of automotive clearcoat when i got it.

There is one place where the new clear seperated with the old one... See pics

image-285.jpgimage-285.jpg

There is a dropbox links for the pics:

https://db.tt/PHPwkpz0

If you want specific pics, just ask me and i will take it.

I want 650$ US + shipping (I'm in canada, so expect to pay a little more for the shipping) I will have a CPR box for it.

If you're not in a rush, i will be at allentown all the weekend, can bring it for free, but need to pay in full to close the transaction.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-972.jpgimage-972.jpg
image-948.jpgimage-948.jpg
image-199.jpgimage-199.jpg
image-937.jpgimage-937.jpg
image-495.jpgimage-495.jpg
image-234.jpgimage-234.jpg
image-927.jpgimage-927.jpg
image-256.jpgimage-256.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Bump

open to offer...

#4 9 years ago

Playfield sold, pending payment

#7 9 years ago

Will be my first playfield swap (someday). Figure the already drilled/used holes will make it a bit easier on me.

Thanks again, Red.

#8 9 years ago

No problem

Should be a lot easier, because with a new playfield, you have to check all the assembly to be sure it's fit and work correctly and pre-drill all the hole.

When i did my second Fathom swap, I change all the insert socket for 44/47. I keep the 555 only for the GI. Can i suggest you to do the same, make a big difference with new socket and ground braid!

Good luck with your swap!

playfield swap1.jpgplayfield swap1.jpg playfield swap2.jpgplayfield swap2.jpg
#9 9 years ago

Received it just a little while ago. As described and very, very nice. Also, he packed the thing superbly (box, wood sides, staples, inner cardboard, bubble wrap, etc.) so it was more than safe and sound for the trip south. Awesome! Thanks again, Red.

#10 9 years ago

Cool!

Happy it land safe!

Happy swap!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

When i did my second Fathom swap, I change all the insert socket for 44/47. I keep the 555 only for the GI. Can i suggest you to do the same, make a big difference with new socket and ground braid!

I also highly recommend replacing the 555 sockets with 44/47. I also upgraded all the lighting braids to 1/8" flat braid..

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I also highly recommend replacing the 555 sockets with 44/47. I also upgraded all the lighting braids to 1/8" flat braid..

Yeah that's what I keep hearing. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions once I finally get around to it. Daunting task, or so it seems....

#13 9 years ago

seem worse then it is in reallity... take your time, take a lot of pics, label everything and seperatly and you should be fine!

#14 9 years ago

1/8" GI braid is awesome.

1) looks better
2) turns corners better
3) if you need to pry up a staple with a sharp tool, you won't SEVER the line, since there are more fibers
4) conducts more

-mof

#15 9 years ago

What a stunning game. I have never payed attention to that title until now. Wow. What system is that?

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

What a stunning game. I have never payed attention to that title until now. Wow. What system is that?

Bally MPU AS-2518-35
-mof

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from parkway:

Yeah that's what I keep hearing. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions once I finally get around to it. Daunting task, or so it seems....

I didn't actually buy new sockets. I had a couple old playfields with sockets in pretty good shape. A day or so in the tumbler and they cone out beautiful. I then soldered all the bases. Turned out great. Fathom was a pretty straight forward swap. Far easier than say High Speed!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I didn't actually buy new sockets. I had a couple old playfields with sockets in pretty good shape. A day or so in the tumbler and they cone out beautiful. I then soldered all the bases. Turned out great. Fathom was a pretty straight forward swap. Far easier than say High Speed!

With Fathom / old Ballys - is there any workaround OTHER than to solder every single lamp to the GI braid?

-mof

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

With Fathom / old Ballys - is there any workaround OTHER than to solder every single lamp to the GI braid?
-mof

You're going to have to solder one way or another. Either directly to the lamp base or to a wire terminal to put under the screw.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-used-cpr-fathom-playfield-2004-halifax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.