P1080919.JPG
P1080918.JPG
P1080917.JPG
P1080916.JPG
P1080915.JPG
P1080914.JPG
P1080913.JPG
P1080912.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheshirefilms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

If that decal on the bottom isn't being removed by the seller that's probably bad news for the playfield. Great price all the same for all the parts needed to build a restored TZ. Sounds like a great fate for this one would be a new playfield and cab swap w/new decals, new clock plastics and board, maybe a new clear middle ramp, plus some spit and polish on the screws and hinges and such to make a solid $8000 collector's game (if HEPs go for $10,000-12,000 for TZ) out of this badboy for someone with the skills to rebuild a TZ.

#12 9 years ago

Bump the price back up. It'll be gone within a week either way

#20 9 years ago

Price isn't too high. But at this price it might take a reasonable amount of time. Seems like an accurate price point for what it is, but someone looking to spend $55500-6500 on a nice players game with mods vs 4550 for a restore candidate, just a different enchilada altogether.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is fine. I was just tossing out the range this needs to be for me, given the parts and work needed.
At 4k, you will need:
legs $50
coin door $150
pf $1000
cab decals $300 (maybe $400 for the good ones now?)
to even begin to scratch the surface. Reality with these sorts of pilaged projects is you can tack on another $500 in parts in the blink of an eye.
For a base of $1500 in parts plus the labor of doing the pf swap and cab restore someone interested in getting a good finished product would be better off just buying an already moded and perfect playing example for $5500 and not having to worry about the labor.
3k is the top end for someone looking to restore this game.
You may be able to find someone just looking for a player, but even those looking for players typically want 100% working which means you are better off putting some time into atleast getting it 100% functional if you are going to find someone buying a $4500 beater that plays well.

No offense, but totally wrong. A fully restored TZ with all those things is an $8000 item, a restored collectors game, as such a person wouldn't just do a simple PF swap. A "perfect playing $5500 TZ" is just that, and not the customer this seller is or should be targeting. Even HEP could conceivably come calling for this game for a client ordered full restore, given a long enough timeline.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

a few words,
To me the game is 100% working. Meaning, I can walk over to it right now, push start and the game plays like I want and need it to- also meaning that any issues or minor tweaks I have said or noted, (which are not a big deal) no need to chase down a problem.
I'm waiting for the mail today, as the tracking says those parts will be here today, which include the flasher wiring for the ramp and a gumball sign.
The trough magnet is not working, but the subway does. So I guess you can say 99% working. (The magnet on the trough is a $20 part and replaces in two minutes)
That's about all I can think of. A restored TZ with a new playfield and all the goods? I don't see those for $5500, and not everyone needs a "collector piece", some people just love having the game (I do)
Again, take a look at my pin history and then offer $2800-3k. I didn't just fall off the pinball boat and I've never not sold a pin that I've put up for sale. With that said, realistic offers are welcome too.
Thanks

You've got nothing to justify. The true fairness of your price is obvious to 99.9% of pinheads. The pinside value range on TZ is, for average to above average (for the type) fully functional examples, ~$5500-6500. This one is below that curve at an appropriate sweet spot, same as examples way above average will lie beyond if not well beyond that bell curve.

Side note, even if the old PFs here were sourced as a freebie, it would cost well over $4000 to build a TZ from scratch from all new parts, hence why such a buy as this is a VERY GOOD value for a full restore buyer, who can polish/refinish the existing ones, and a good buy too for someone who just wants a fairly functional TZ and isn't interested in spending $1000+ more for a market average/above average example.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 14.95
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheshirefilms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-twilight-zone-4650-4651?tu=cheshirefilms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.