P1080919.JPG
P1080918.JPG
P1080917.JPG
P1080916.JPG
P1080915.JPG
P1080914.JPG
P1080913.JPG
P1080912.JPG

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

I have a clear rear clock housing, brand new. If someone buys this TZ and is near me they can have it for free, or I can leave it at the pinball sanctum. I bought 2 by mistake and currently have no use for it.

Here is a good seller bump.

And a side bump, if the condition of this TZ scares someone I have recently restored one in MUCH worse condition, and would not mind restoring this one for whoever purchases it. They buy the parts, and I do the work and spend the time. When done they will have a great playing machine. If interested send me a PM for price etc.

20141118_233206.jpg20141118_233206.jpg

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seems like a civil discussiuon to me Ted; just varying opinions (that is often how a message board works ). Not sure why you want to always call everything an arguement?

Quoted from Whysnow:

still amazed that the mods allow your obvious troll account to exist.

Do you ever contribute something positive to the hobby?

Ditto

#53 9 years ago

My FS thread is really not the place for that. Thanks anyways.

#54 9 years ago

Maybe my old eyes just can't see it, but where is the decal between the flippers? Are there any wear spots on the playfield, did I just miss them?

If that is a decal between the flippers it looks pretty good and appears to be tight. I don't care about cabinet fade, I don't play the cabinet. If the translite is a little faded, just put some colored LEDs behind it to jazz it up.

TZ is a great game, and I'm just a player. I don't need a show piece to have fun playing pinball. If I had four grand plus, I'd pay the man and pick it up in May when the snow melts up there.

Just my thoughts.

Alan

#55 9 years ago

Yea someone is going get a nice playing tz for 4500 if I didn't have a showpiece tz id take it

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Again, take a look at my pin history and then offer $2800-3k. I didn't just fall off the pinball boat

I've wondered about people sometimes too. Weird offers I've had on this site and another:

BSD, 100% working, rough cabinet - got offered $200 twice and $800. Sold for $1,700
T2 - someone emailed me saying they would come pick it up for free. Sold for $1,650
Monopoly - guy talked to me on the phone for an hour and offered $800. Sold for $1,900

A lot of people just want something they can play and then flip for 2x their money. I guess this is America and I can't get mad at someone wanting more $$$$ but for goodness sake... check the little number next to people's names and click on their collections. If someone has moved 30 games they know that the Boards in BSD are worth more than $200 and T2 isn't a $0 game.

If you want a NICE TZ, then buy a nice TZ. It's not like they aren't out there. Not everyone wants a pristine game at a pristine price.

#57 9 years ago

Pick it up for free? How is that even fair? What about gas?

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from guarda:

Pick it up for free? How is that even fair? What about gas?

Apparently that wasn't funny

For what it's worth, I don't think he's that far off, a little more than I would like to pay given the condition. If I had the scratch right now, I'd make an offer.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea someone is going get a nice playing tz for 4500 if I didn't have a showpiece tz id take it

Sell me your showpiece and buy that one

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Sell me your showpiece and buy that one

I don't think you would like the price tag ive been offered 7500 that was before i just put another 350 -400 in it lol.but to be fair its has color dmd and alot of nice stuff on it not to mention the condition and how clean it is .

#62 9 years ago

I feel sick. Sold a mint one for $4500 just a couple years ago.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

You and me both, Had two mint ones, I think I sold them for 4k each.

#64 9 years ago

And I wish I had back the two nice AFMs I sold 5 years ago for $3500 and $5000. And the Congo I sold for $1,000 back when everyone knew how bad it is.

Also I wish I knew the next 10 super bowl winners. Hey what are ya gonna do.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

This is where you and I don't see eye to eye at all. I have pinball machines for the love of the silverball, I compete in tournaments, and it's just in my blood.
Hundreds of machines I've had I only break even on, hell some I've lost on (not often, but it happens) and once in a while, a nice profit. I'm not in this to ''flip'' the machine. The POTC in my other FS thread, I paid 4k for. Maybe it won't sell for that, maybe it will, but I've had my fun on it.
I have a well to do flipper that lives in my state. If I put him in front of this game or a restored example, it doesn't matter, I'll wipe the floor with him. He's a flipper and I'm a player.
I'll take being a good player any day of the week, I feel good to hang my hat on that. In my honest opinion, flippers have hurt this hobby more than anything.
No offense, but I could care less how much you make off my game in a year from now or if your time becomes free, this game is not for you.

I'm Guessing this is thrown at me... Yes he can out play me by a large margin... And I feel this game is priced right... But I don't feel I hurt the hobby... I've put lots of games in people's homes...that's more people playing at home... The money is just a by product of the hobby that is what it is.. Home collectors set the market... By what they ask and what they pay.

#66 9 years ago

I can honestly say that this machine is EXACTLY what i was looking for. If it weren't for the fact that I just paid $4000 for kitchen countertops I would be on my way to MA to pick this up right now.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I'm Guessing this is thrown at me... Yes he can out play me by a large margin... And I feel this game is priced right... But I don't feel I hurt the hobby... I've put lots of games in people's homes...that's more people playing at home... The money is just a by product of the hobby that is what it is.. Home collectors set the market... By what they ask and what they pay.

I agree to some extent, and that is the one positive- that the games are out of vendors hands. If it's a dusty pin from a warehouse, that is a plus. A game on route however, (depending on condition and location) could be a minus.

Some of the games that come out from these vendors however, are not worthy of the standard fair market prices being asked of them, and that is where I have the problem. Too many times, people with expendable income will just buy these games for high prices, and because they did that, it becomes the pricing staple/go to guide for all others and ones down the road.

Some flippers will disclose issues, or problems with their games, or shop and clean them up. Others sell as is, grab bag but the price remains the same. It takes a very scrupulous buyer, when the seller won't be.
That's just how it goes, and the hobby moves on.

As for your guess...well...I guess that depends where you see yourself in my paragraph, but there are many flippers that I can probably beat pretty good in a game of silverball.

#68 9 years ago

It wasn't 5 years ago. More like two. It's crazy how much TZ has gone up lately.

#69 9 years ago

It wasn't 5 years ago. More like two. It's crazy how much TZ has gone up lately.

It's simply supply, demand and location (wish I was closer). If there are cheaper ones out there people will buy those first. If not then James will get his asking price. Time will tell. BTW I sold the one in the picture I posted for a little over 5k about 2 months ago for whatever that means.

#70 9 years ago

Shocked this hasn't sold yet.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And the Congo I sold for $1,000 back when everyone knew how bad it is.

Everyone was wrong. Awesome pin.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Everyone was wrong. Awesome pin.

Nah....just OK.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I bought MB from you awhile back, and it is a sweet game. No regrets. You filled a long sought after title and I'm very happy.

#75 9 years ago

Just put it on EBay for $500 more and it will sell.

#76 9 years ago

"Players condition restore candidate" is a tough sell right now.

I'd buy it and send it to HEP if it were me

#77 9 years ago

If I didn't buy the one that eabudy pictured above I almost definitely would have bought this one. I can't believe it hasn't sold yet. TZ is such an awesome game.

#78 9 years ago

sales will pick up when peoples home are not still snowed in

#79 9 years ago

TZ's are a dime a dozen there is always one for sale. The issue is no one nowadays can seem to exercise patience when looking for a game they want. Also it appears fewer are willing to take on projects. Pinball machines are not rare and communities such as this drive consumer demand above a perceived false notion of limited availability.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

TZ's are a dime a dozen there is always one for sale. The issue is no one nowadays can seem to exercise patience when looking for a game they want. Also it appears fewer are willing to take on projects. Pinball machines are not rare and communities such as this drive consumer demand above a perceived false notion of limited availability.

I LOVE projects. It's how one learns about the game. The more you know, the better you play.

Unfortunately, I already have a TZ. Don't need a second one.

#81 9 years ago

I agree I too like projects and have done multiple projects and many complete restores with new play fields and restored cabinets. The key is understanding the difference between a players game and a project game. Or I guess sometimes player games become project games

#82 9 years ago

People always blame this group or that group for driving prices up.

But when you're talking about a common item like a pinball machine, the average price is set by the average supply vs the average demand.

If prices are going up, that means:

More people are buying

or

Less people are selling

or

Both

#83 9 years ago

or neither...

#84 9 years ago

Yep....same time I bought my STTNG I could have bought a super nice TZ for $4500....really nice. That was three years ago.

#85 9 years ago

Come to papa, pinball machine.

#86 9 years ago

Curious to see how much this machine sells for after all this hubbub.

#88 9 years ago

Was it the Warblester?

#89 9 years ago

Excellent. I wonder what the hammer price was...

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Also it appears fewer are willing to take on projects.

I've noticed that as well. It seems fewer people are interested in anything aside from minty or new these days. It must be a progressive mindset of the folks in the hobby or maybe its just a byproduct of the remakes. I'm not necessary excluding myself from that camp either, its just that I have less and less time to work on them these days.

Anyway, congrats on the sale!

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I've noticed that as well. It seems fewer people are interested in anything aside from minty or new these days. It must be a progressive mindset of the folks in the hobby or maybe its just a byproduct of the remakes. I'm not necessary excluding myself from that camp either, its just that I have less and less time to work on them these days.
Anyway, congrats on the sale!

Congrats on the sale. Feel free to send projects my way, I usually have a hard time saying no.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Feel free to send projects my way, I usually have a hard time saying no.

I believe it. You always have nice games FS and very reasonable prices. It must be a labor of love!

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I believe it. You always have nice games FS and very reasonable prices. It must be a labor of love!

No doubt! I honestly wish he was closer.

#95 9 years ago

T'was the warble indeed. I was going to put this next to a mm le, does anyone know what trim color would go best with it? I paid what he asked because I really just need this game running, it will be my first pinball machine, and if it gets everything taken care of for me to get a working machine I am fine with the price.

#96 9 years ago

Final price?

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from Warbleboopie:

T'was the warble indeed. I was going to put this next to a mm le, does anyone know what trim color would go best with it? I paid what he asked because I really just need this game running, it will be my first pinball machine, and if it gets everything taken care of for me to get a working machine I am fine with the price.

Congrats on your first pin! TZ is a great choice for your first. It's a lot of fun, with lots of modes, and a deep rule set. Not to mention it is one of the most advanced machines ever made from a technical perspective so if you can cut your teeth on a TZ for maintenance and technical experience then most other machines will seem like a walk in the park, when you inevitably purchase them.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Warbleboopie:

Bring it to eabundy if you need someone to work on it. I have bought many machines from him and have never been disappointed. If the TZ pictured above was a train wreck you would never know it. Its a beautiful machine now.

#99 9 years ago
#100 9 years ago

I paid his PayPal fee too :-p
For real I am just going with black trim because you opinionated bastards won't share your opinion when asked? 3 choices, there can be only one. Halp

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-twilight-zone-4650-4651/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.