P1080919.JPG
P1080918.JPG
P1080917.JPG
P1080916.JPG
P1080915.JPG
P1080914.JPG
P1080913.JPG
P1080912.JPG

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

Players condition Twilight Zone, or restore candidate.

This game plays out all the way, it's a blast as it sits and plays just like any other TZ i've played or owned. I feel pretty good to have saved this one. If the game could speak, it would say ''hey! somebody saved me! thanks!!!

Everything works like it should (with the minor exceptions noted below) If you have a new playfield you'd be in business or play it until the cows come home.

The following pieces are new:
Powerball, lockdown bar, playfield glass, shooter rod assembly, both mini playfield magnets, adjustable flipper opto boards, great lakes mini playfield switch kit, clock board, great lakes opto board, emi no brake board, motor pcb board driver, mini 8 driver board, rottendog cpu, fliptronic board, dmd driver board, eddy sensor board, magna save, slot machine and rocket ship plastics, etc...

UPDATE: Flasher wiring for the left ramp and gumball sign just came in the mail, I added both to the machine tonight, work great.

Needs: the pop bumper plastics to the left. I have one, the lower one I have coming in the mail.
Upper right flipper plastic. Trough sensor/prozimkity replaced that detects the powerball (subway one works fine). The only error report is that trough proximity.

Other conditions: Cabinet is rough and faded, but solid. This was never a flood game but it was robbed for parts at one point. The playfield looks okay, but someone put a decal at the ''Twilight Zone'' between the flippers. (you have to be looking for it to notice it, it's a good quality decal at least) Translight is eh. It looks okay/displays okay, but it's bleh. The dmd is sharp and crisp but missing the bottom row. Coin door is a crapper and the legs are ugly.

That's about all I can think of at the moment, If I think of anything else, I'll add it.
Looking for $4650.
If you have any questions, feel free.
Game is located in Princeton, MA 01541
Shipping by NAVL is okay
Thanks, James

P1080912.JPGP1080912.JPGP1080909.JPGP1080909.JPGP1080913.JPGP1080913.JPGP1080914.JPGP1080914.JPGP1080915.JPGP1080915.JPGP1080916.JPGP1080916.JPGP1080917.JPGP1080917.JPGP1080918.JPGP1080918.JPGP1080919.JPGP1080919.JPGP1080921.JPGP1080921.JPG

P1080920.JPGP1080920.JPG

#2 9 years ago

First to say" wish you where closer"

#3 9 years ago

Good price and honest description. GLWS

#4 9 years ago

The playfield decal is the only part I would be concerned over. Otherwise it should shine up like a new penny!

#5 9 years ago

Wish I had any cash for this...

#6 9 years ago

Nice...some cabinet decals and a little elbow grease. This is definitely worthy of restoration!

#8 9 years ago

If that decal on the bottom isn't being removed by the seller that's probably bad news for the playfield. Great price all the same for all the parts needed to build a restored TZ. Sounds like a great fate for this one would be a new playfield and cab swap w/new decals, new clock plastics and board, maybe a new clear middle ramp, plus some spit and polish on the screws and hinges and such to make a solid $8000 collector's game (if HEPs go for $10,000-12,000 for TZ) out of this badboy for someone with the skills to rebuild a TZ.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

If that decal on the bottom isn't being removed by the seller that's probably bad news for the playfield. Great price all the same for all the parts needed to build a restored TZ. Sounds like a great fate for this one would be a new playfield and cab swap w/new decals, new clock plastics and board, maybe a new clear middle ramp, plus some spit and polish on the screws and hinges and such to make a solid $8000 collector's game (if HEPs go for $10,000-12,000 for TZ) out of this badboy for someone with the skills to rebuild a TZ.

Yep, I don't want to look under the decal, I figure it's there for a reason. It works great and is very presentable, but one can imagine what this looks like with new decals and new playfield.

Clock board is new, It could use a new housing

#10 9 years ago

My favorite pinball machine. Great price.

#12 9 years ago

Bump the price back up. It'll be gone within a week either way

#14 9 years ago

That episode is totally creepy. Even if I did figure out the twist ending 5 minutes into the episode.

#16 9 years ago

Clearly price is to high bumping is not going to help that.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Been 4 days ? Lol

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Clearly the price is not to high, but it may be too high.

I bumped it for a local guy to find it easier.

#20 9 years ago

Price isn't too high. But at this price it might take a reasonable amount of time. Seems like an accurate price point for what it is, but someone looking to spend $55500-6500 on a nice players game with mods vs 4550 for a restore candidate, just a different enchilada altogether.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Price isn't too high. But at this price it might take a reasonable amount of time. Seems like an accurate price point for what it is, but someone looking to spend $55500-6500 on a nice players game with mods vs 4550 for a restore candidate, just a different enchilada altogether.

That's pretty much how I feel about it as well. I have a long history of pins and feel it's priced right on the money, and also at a price I can live without it.
I have no need to sell this pin, in fact I hope it's the last one to go, if it does. If it stays, it's all good.

#22 9 years ago

given the asmount of work and time needed to bring this game back to glory, I am in at around 2800-3k.

Keep me in mind if you opt to get into that range.

Just adding up the numbers and idea of what it will take to get it back to former glory and that is what I come up with.

New pf, decals, and etc... adds up pretty quick and the work/skill is not free.

You have a nice core machine, but it will take some love to make it whole.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am in at around 2800-3k.

I doubt you'll see it get near that range. At 4k, he will have a queue of folks ready to buy. At 4500 its going to take a little time, given the flaws.

#24 9 years ago

$2800-3k will never happen. I'll buy 10 right now in this shape for $2800-3k, so get in line.

#25 9 years ago

I hate TZ, and even I'd buy it at that price. GLWTS!!!

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I doubt you'll see it get near that range. At 4k, he will have a queue of folks ready to buy. At 4500 its going to take a little time, given the flaws.

That is fine. I was just tossing out the range this needs to be for me, given the parts and work needed.

At 4k, you will need:
legs $50
coin door $150
pf $1000
cab decals $300 (maybe $400 for the good ones now?)

to even begin to scratch the surface. Reality with these sorts of pilaged projects is you can tack on another $500 in parts in the blink of an eye.

For a base of $1500 in parts plus the labor of doing the pf swap and cab restore someone interested in getting a good finished product would be better off just buying an already moded and perfect playing example for $5500 and not having to worry about the labor.

3k is the top end for someone looking to restore this game.

You may be able to find someone just looking for a player, but even those looking for players typically want 100% working which means you are better off putting some time into atleast getting it 100% functional if you are going to find someone buying a $4500 beater that plays well.

#27 9 years ago

His ad says its working 100%...what did I miss?

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

It needs: Flasher wiring for the ramp and gumball sign, pop bumper plastics- I have all of these coming in the mail.
Upper right flipper plastic. Trough sensor replaced that detects the powerball (subway one works fine).
9 KB

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

His ad says its working 100%...what did I miss?

Yea thats what im wondering if someone wants a nice playing tz and don't care about the look well here it is ? It also has some nice upgrades like glm switch kit,adjustable flipper boards clock board ,and many more new boards

#30 9 years ago

All other parts it needs come with the machine minus 1 plastic and censer for trough which sld be able to get pretty easy

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is fine. I was just tossing out the range this needs to be for me, given the parts and work needed.
At 4k, you will need:
legs $50
coin door $150
pf $1000
cab decals $300 (maybe $400 for the good ones now?)
to even begin to scratch the surface. Reality with these sorts of pilaged projects is you can tack on another $500 in parts in the blink of an eye.
For a base of $1500 in parts plus the labor of doing the pf swap and cab restore someone interested in getting a good finished product would be better off just buying an already moded and perfect playing example for $5500 and not having to worry about the labor.
3k is the top end for someone looking to restore this game.
You may be able to find someone just looking for a player, but even those looking for players typically want 100% working which means you are better off putting some time into atleast getting it 100% functional if you are going to find someone buying a $4500 beater that plays well.

No offense, but totally wrong. A fully restored TZ with all those things is an $8000 item, a restored collectors game, as such a person wouldn't just do a simple PF swap. A "perfect playing $5500 TZ" is just that, and not the customer this seller is or should be targeting. Even HEP could conceivably come calling for this game for a client ordered full restore, given a long enough timeline.

#32 9 years ago

a few words,

To me the game is 100% working. Meaning, I can walk over to it right now, push start and the game plays like I want and need it to- also meaning that any issues or minor tweaks I have said or noted, (which are not a big deal) no need to chase down a problem.

I'm waiting for the mail today, as the tracking says those parts will be here today, which include the flasher wiring for the ramp and a gumball sign.

The trough magnet is not working, but the subway does. So I guess you can say 99% working. (The magnet on the trough is a $20 part and replaces in two minutes)

That's about all I can think of. A restored TZ with a new playfield and all the goods? I don't see those for $5500, and not everyone needs a "collector piece", some people just love having the game (I do)

Again, take a look at my pin history and then offer $2800-3k. I didn't just fall off the pinball boat and I've never not sold a pin that I've put up for sale (unless I wanted to keep it longer
With that said, realistic offers are welcome too.
Thanks

#33 9 years ago

There are also people that like working on them more than playing them.

#34 9 years ago

a few words,
To me the game is 100% working. Meaning, I can walk over to it right now, push start and the game plays like I want and need it to- also meaning that any issues or minor tweaks I have said or noted, (which are not a big deal) no need to chase down a problem.
I'm waiting for the mail today, as the tracking says those parts will be here today, which include the flasher wiring for the ramp and a gumball sign.
The trough magnet is not working, but the subway does. So I guess you can say 99% working. (The magnet on the trough is a $20 part and replaces in two minutes)
That's about all I can think of. A restored TZ with a new playfield and all the goods? I don't see those for $5500, and not everyone needs a "collector piece", some people just love having the game (I do)
Again, take a look at my pin history and then offer $2800-3k. I didn't just fall off the pinball boat and I've never not sold a pin that I've put up for sale. With that said, realistic offers are welcome too.
Thanks

You've got nothing to justify. The true fairness of your price is obvious to 99.9% of pinheads. The pinside value range on TZ is, for average to above average (for the type) fully functional examples, ~$5500-6500. This one is below that curve at an appropriate sweet spot, same as examples way above average will lie beyond if not well beyond that bell curve.

Side note, even if the old PFs here were sourced as a freebie, it would cost well over $4000 to build a TZ from scratch from all new parts, hence why such a buy as this is a VERY GOOD value for a full restore buyer, who can polish/refinish the existing ones, and a good buy too for someone who just wants a fairly functional TZ and isn't interested in spending $1000+ more for a market average/above average example.

#35 9 years ago

A restored TZ with a new playfield and all the goods? I don't see those for $5500, and not everyone needs a "collector piece", some people just love having the game (I do)

Of course nicely restored ones sell for $5500plus. At your price point you are asking the high side of players condition prices for a solid core routed machine that needs quite a bit of love to make it nice or at least comparable to other nice games in players condition.

I was making the valuation based on what it would take for a regular pinhead like me to bring this game up to nice condition, which is $1500-2k in parts plus alot of labor and skill. At 3k base I can put in the time and it is worth it. At 4500 base, I make a 6500 game and my time is free when I can only sell it for 6200 a year later...

In your case a buyer that just wants a player game is better off waiting for a nice players example without a beat up cab and presumably blown out pf (if the pf sticker is not there then it could be a different story all together, but the sticker makes me assume there is pretty bad wear under it?).

At $4500 you are at the high end for a core game that is not clean and 100%, esp given the current dip on the high end market.

My offer is pretty fair for someone looking to do a full restoration. It sounds like your desired market is something different. no worries

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

At 3k base I can put in the time and it is worth it. At 4500 base, I make a 6500 game and my time is free when I can only sell it for 6200 a year later...

This is where you and I don't see eye to eye at all. I have pinball machines for the love of the silverball, I compete in tournaments, and it's just in my blood.

Hundreds of machines I've had I only break even on, hell some I've lost on (not often, but it happens) and once in a while, a nice profit. I'm not in this to ''flip'' the machine. The POTC in my other FS thread, I paid 4k for. Maybe it won't sell for that, maybe it will, but I've had my fun on it.

I have a well to do flipper that lives in my state. If I put him in front of this game or a restored example, it doesn't matter, I'll wipe the floor with him. He's a flipper and I'm a player.
I'll take being a good player any day of the week, I feel good to hang my hat on that. In my honest opinion, flippers have hurt this hobby more than anything.

No offense, but I could care less how much you make off my game in a year from now or if your time becomes free, this game is not for you.

#37 9 years ago

Nicely said. There's only two things I'm relatively sure of in this hobby: I'll lose money on every machine I have, and that I don't give a shit. (The very definition of a hobby...)

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nicely said. There's only two things I'm relatively sure of in this hobby: I'll lose money on every machine I have, and that I don't give a shit. (The very definition of a hobby...)

Ditto! And it's still way cheaper than when my hobby was a 30 foot racer/cruiser.

#39 9 years ago

I don't like to argue over price, but the fact that the pf has a decal on it needs to be taken into account, a good restore candidate would not have a mar like that on the pf. At $4.5K it should only need shopping and maybe cab decals.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I haven't made a dime on a pin yet.....I've certainly lost money though.....and I don't care. I'm having way too much fun to worry about exactly what I've put into a machine VS what I'll get out of it.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I haven't made a dime on a pin yet.....I've certainly lost money though.....and I don't care. I'm having way too much fun to worry about exactly what I've put into a machine VS what I'll get out of it.

Thats because you dont unless you get all choggy with it.

#42 9 years ago

This is where you and I don't see eye to eye at all. I have pinball machines for the love of the silverball, I compete in tournaments, and it's just in my blood.
Hundreds of machines I've had I only break even on, hell some I've lost on (not often, but it happens) and once in a while, a nice profit. I'm not in this to ''flip'' the machine. The POTC in my other FS thread, I paid 4k for. Maybe it won't sell for that, maybe it will, but I've had my fun on it.
I have a well to do flipper that lives in my state. If I put him in front of this game or a restored example, it doesn't matter, I'll wipe the floor with him. He's a flipper and I'm a player.
I'll take being a good player any day of the week, I feel good to hang my hat on that. In my honest opinion, flippers have hurt this hobby more than anything.
No offense, but I could care less how much you make off my game in a year from now or if your time becomes free, this game is not for you.

I am far from a flipper and would completely agree that they have hurt the hobby. I have sold the majority of games for much less than I have in them and put LOTS of work into all my games (even the few I have actually sold).

Since you bring up "flipping" just curious, how do you define that?
It would bring up the questions of how much did you buy this game for and how long ago? Your original post makes it sound like you just picked up and saved this game recently and are selling it quickly (for more than you paid?) which to me is what I would define as a flipper (all though it does sound like you have done quite a bit just to get it running by replacing boards and various parts, which adds some value IMO).

I am a hobbyist that likes to work on and play games and I have the silverballs also . You are selling this as a good restoration canidate and I would agree, aside form the price of 4650.

To be a good restoration candidate the math needs to add up better for the amount of work and skill it will take to restore.

Solid players game, sure.

Priced for restoration, not IME.

#43 9 years ago

Dare I say continuing this argument is a waste of time...

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Dare I say continuing this argument is a waste of time...

Seems like a civil discussiuon to me Ted; just varying opinions (that is often how a message board works ). Not sure why you want to always call everything an arguement?

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seems like a civil discussiuon to me Ted; just varying opinions (that is often how a message board works ). Not sure why you want to always call everything an arguement?

He's from Jersey. We love to argue. Even when it's not really an argument.

We frequently start our sentences with, "For argument's sake..." just to start one and piss people off.

Welcome to Jersey.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I don't like to argue over price, but the fact that the pf has a decal on it needs to be taken into account, a good restore candidate would not have a mar like that on the pf. At $4.5K it should only need shopping and maybe cab decals.

I have said, best offers considered. I priced it where I thought I would be okay with it leaving. Reminds me of the time I sold a very routed and worn AFM for 4k...I had many people saying it was a little too much, then someone popped for it. 3 months later, AFM went through the roof. That's how it goes.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I am far from a flipper and would completely agree that they have hurt the hobby. I have sold the majority of games for much less than I have in them and put LOTS of work into all my games (even the few I have actually sold).
Since you bring up "flipping" just curious, how do you define that?
It would bring up the questions of how much did you buy this game for and how long ago? Your original post makes it sound like you just picked up and saved this game recently and are selling it quickly (for more than you paid?) which to me is what I would define as a flipper (all though it does sound like you have done quite a bit just to get it running by replacing boards and various parts, which adds some value IMO).
I am a hobbyist that likes to work on and play games and I have the silverballs also . You are selling this as a good restoration canidate and I would agree, aside form the price of 4650.
To be a good restoration candidate the math needs to add up better for the amount of work and skill it will take to restore.
Solid players game, sure.
Priced for restoration, not IME.

You are more than welcome to add up the parts, let me know what number you come back with, and then we'll discuss what I paid for the game if you're close. And again, I said I would entertain serious offers.

The only math that needs to add up better is your low ball offer. Why bother? Who nowadays is going to sell you a playable TZ in any condition for $2800??

#47 9 years ago

Very few of those 2800 playable. Way more WTB.

#48 9 years ago

If it helps, I picked very nice stock TZ(with about as perfect a playfield as stock can be) last Thursday with faded cabinet on one side and needs minor cabinet work for $4000. I thought that was a great deal. I don't care what condition the game is in $2800 is a very low offer. I believe lowball is the right term for that offer.

#49 9 years ago

well i did say 2800 to 3k

Quoted from Squeakman:

If it helps, I picked very nice stock TZ(with about as perfect a playfield as stock can be) last Thursday with faded cabinet on one side and needs minor cabinet work for $4000. I thought that was a great deal. I don't care what condition the game is in $2800 is a very low offer. I believe lowball is the right term for that offer.

That does sound like a great deal and in comparison (for arguements sakes ) is more reason why this current one is not a good restoration (at current price) candidate in comparison.

This one needs a new pf and half a cab job just to get up to the one you bought...

#50 9 years ago

Glws. free bump

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-twilight-zone-4650-4651 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.