20150312_075905.jpg
20150305_082104.jpg
image.jpg
pinball drain fix.jpg
Screenshot_2015-02-28-16-20-59.png
images.jpg
20150117_111640.jpg
20150210_072123.jpg
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's why people make the extended side lane for STTNG. Which I think is also a cheat. STTNG is a difficult game, but at the same time, the rules are easier, and it's not as deep of a game, because of the playfield difficulty. Which kind of evens it out. If you had STTNG with 12 or 16 modes like TZ, the game would be damn near impossible for a B level player or less. With the adjustment lane, I think it makes to too easy, as I can usually reach final frontier 3 out of 5 games. Which is to much of a crutch. Endings of games should be damn hard to reach, it's the reward for doing something difficult. When you add big crutches like this, takes away from the glory of accomplishing something that is very hard to do.
I'm still waiting for the day that I reach valinor in LOTR. Owned since 2007. Only came close 3 times. And by close, meaning I was still about 20 shots away. Difficult? Absolutely, but holy shit, if I ever accomplish it, it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in my pinball life. That's the reward. Harder it is, the more sense of accomplishment you will feel.

well then you are a much better player than I... my games on ST:TNG rarely exceed two minutes

hence my irrational hatred for it

#52 9 years ago

First STTNG i've ever played had the side lane crutch. Reached final frontier the first game I played it. So I don't really appreciate it since it didn't take any work to see it all. Kind of ruined the experience for me.

Hence why I don't care for Monster bash. 3rd time i've ever played one, I reached Monster bash 2 times in the same game and monsters of rock. without any crutches. Being too easy, really ruined the game for me. I would never want to own one because of that. A game to easy will not keep you coming back. Has nothing more to offer you. If you see everything the game has to offer in the first 15 min, you don't have the conflict and struggle to have a rewarding experience.

#53 9 years ago

that's interesting since I have the exact opposite feelings, I hate TNG since it's just frustrating... meanwhile my friend has a MB and I love it... sure you can activate MB/MR several times per game but the real points are trying to stack everything up at once and start the multiball... plus it's just a fun/silly game...

that's the great thing about this hobby though, different pins for different folks

#54 9 years ago

see, I feel the frustration ='s reward when you finally defeat that uphill battle. Kind of like defeating a video game you have spent 100 + hours trying to finish.

Plus those frustrating games have made me a better pinball player. Forces me to trap and control the ball. Games like that, you can't flail away and finish. In the long run, it teaches you control and patience.

#55 9 years ago

i went to buy an eight ball deluxe once and the guy had ruberbands on the out lanes this seems very similar.

#56 9 years ago

To me these "training wheels" (which I own the original style Breadfan made), are absolutely a cheat and any high score put up with them shouldn't be bragged about. That being said, my girlfriend complained about the outlanes, we're only just getting into pinball, so when I saw what Breadfan did I wanted in.

To me it's like setting COD to easy, to learn the game, strategies etc. Once you have it down, pull em and play like the game was intended. I also tend to have a lot of TWD fans in the house and none of them had even seen a pin in a home before and I think something like this makes it more fun for an unskilled player to get to enjoy the game a bit longer.

Obviously nobody with even a moderate playing ability would want or need them, but since Breadfan seems to be moving them, there must be a lot of people who aren't great or have a house full of people who aren't pinheads.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from renodakota:

How often do you drain out the right with this installed?
Not being rude just curious if it closes off alot of other normal drains also.

any drain in the outlane is normal

#58 9 years ago

So they didn't get sent out this week like I thought would happen. The plastic he used was too rigid & it cracked when I screwed it down. He's making new ones today that I tried out & they seem to be ready to go. I'm hoping to get them out Monday. Sorry for the inconvenience. Here's a pic of what they'll look like before cleaned up.

20150305_082104.jpg20150305_082104.jpg
#59 9 years ago

So they didn't get sent out this week like I thought would happen. The plastic he used was too rigid & it cracked when I screwed it down. He's making new ones today that I tried out & they seem to be ready to go. I'm hoping to get them out Monday. Sorry for the inconvenience. Here's a pic of what they'll look like before cleaned up.

// Error: Image 370935 not found //
#60 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

i went to buy an eight ball deluxe once and the guy had ruberbands on the out lanes this seems very similar.

i guess deltA 9 uses rubber bands on his games.

#61 9 years ago

not really sure why these are needed. if you get BIT then you get BIT move on to the next ball/game play it as it was intended to be played.

#62 9 years ago

All other Stern's have a post in the playfield right at the top of the outlanes & this one did on the white wood but not in the production games. The openings are so wide that 1 time I had 7 balls in a row go right down the left side with no way of saving it & had a total of 30 seconds of game play. Everyone that played it said WTF!?! & was done after 2 or 3 games that lasted maybe 1 minute at the most. Between that & the magnet dropping SDTM,I was ripping out a lot of my hair!? If you like your game like that than don't buy any,but there is a reason we're installing these. I'm pretty good at pinball but this game just sucked before I did this. Now it plays the way it should......

Quoted from freddy:

not really sure why these are needed. if you get BIT then you get BIT move on to the next ball/game play it as it was intended to be played.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

All other Stern's have a post in the playfield right at the top of the outlanes & this one did on the white wood but not in the production games. The openings are so wide that 1 time I had 7 balls in a row go right down the left side with no way of saving it & had a total of 30 seconds of game play. Everyone that played it said WTF!?! & was done after 2 or 3 games that lasted maybe 1 minute at the most. Between that & the magnet dropping SDTM,I was ripping out a lot of my hair!? If you like your game like that than don't buy any,but there is a reason we're installing these. I'm pretty good at pinball but this game just sucked before I did this. Now it plays the way it should......

Well put. Not everybody who plays twdle is a pro nor do they want to be. My wife and her 10 yr old son walk away from twdle all the time due to this, and go to met pro. I bought a set and can't wait for them to come as it will make for some family fun pin nights. I think those on here knocking it should realize there's other reasons ppl want these.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

All other Stern's have a post in the playfield right at the top of the outlanes & this one did on the white wood but not in the production games. .....

Would be curious to see an image of this if you can dig it up.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

All other Stern's have a post in the playfield right at the top of the outlanes & this one did on the white wood but not in the production games.

so you really just want to to play like every other stern?

#66 9 years ago

Omg. Who cares if you don't like them. Get out of the thread and go play your Twd. Why on earth does it matter to anyone if some people want to make their game easier. It's like some of you take it personally that breadfan has made this mod. Sheesh!

#67 9 years ago

Speaking of which..when can we expect these?

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

i guess deltA 9 uses rubber bands on his games.

I think u smoke and drink to much freddy Your mind is Cloudy The only rubber bands i use is on my bricks Lol

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Not every Stern has a post at the top of the outlane.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Not every Stern has a post at the top of the outlane.

Example please, because I'm curious

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Left side of TSPP doesn't.

Screw people that can't handle someone altering their own table to help them enjoy it though.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

TSPP as mentioned on the left outlane.

RBION doesn't have posts on either outlane.

There is probably more.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

TSPP as mentioned on the left outlane.
RBION doesn't have posts on either outlane.
There is probably more.

For the record I never said anything derogatory about people altering their games.

But to claim no other Sterns are like this and "now it plays the way it should" is just wrong.

It plays the way the designer intended it to play, a tough, brutal drain monster.

#74 9 years ago

I've got 'em and it still kicks my butt, but at least I'm no longer considering throwing it out a second floor window. I get at least one cheap SDTM drain every game anyway. My friends and I are all hacks at pinball, we don't play competitively, just to have fun. TWD wasn't fun without these, plus I always reload the s/w on my newest pin and restart high scores when I have parties, so it's no big deal. IM and Tron kick my ass enough as it is....

#75 9 years ago

If you didn't like it why the Hell did you buy it? Try games before you buy then or expect disappointment

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

If you didn't like it why the Hell did you buy it? Try games before you buy then or expect disappointment

Most bought sight unseen.(well I did coz of theme) Why are you beating this to death? I mean you want to come through and show me how you avoid the outlane drains, sdtm prison? I know I suck and my wife and her son think i'm good so you can imagine where they stand.....Maybe I could learn some tricks from you? I'm not being funny about this i'm serious.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Most bought sight unseen.(well I did coz of theme) Why are you beating this to death? I mean you want to come through and show me how you avoid the outlane drains, sdtm prison? I know I suck and my wife and her son think i'm good so you can imagine where they stand.....Maybe I could learn some tricks from you? I'm not being funny about this i'm serious.

And this is exactly why stern can keep selling unfinished games and then ignore updating them. It's this exact behavior that lets it happen.

#78 9 years ago

Beating it to death? I said outlane drains are normal in pinball. The op said "every other game has them" I just asked if he wanted every game to play the same. Not even close to harping.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

And this is exactly why stern can keep selling unfinished games and then ignore updating them. It's this exact behavior that lets it happen.

I agree on this. My bad on beating to death commet.

#80 9 years ago

Finally got the first batch done & will get all of them out by tomorrow(Friday)to the first round of Pinsiders. Next batch coming soon so I'll contact all Pinsiders that emailed me the past few weeks wanting a set. I've also got a prison tower in the works & will post pics when I get a copy done.

20150312_075905.jpg20150312_075905.jpg
#81 9 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Would be curious to see an image of this if you can dig it up.

Here's one with holes in the PF for posts.

351893-i.jpg351893-i.jpg
#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Here's one with holes in the PF for posts.

351893-i.jpg

so they had them and decided they didn't want them.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think a set of these should be included. Call it the keith Elwin performers package in a box. You too could play like Keith, Bowen and Lyman.
pinball drain fix.jpg

even with this great mod, some will still lose balls...

now, to Neo (which i agree with), you have to consider we all have diff skills (and aim while playing pinball, you want to reach Valinor, i want to reach MET wizard mode, and my wife wanna keep a ball more than 3 seconds ! kidding, she's better than that... 5 seconds lol), and i can understand that some people are really frustrated just because they simply cant "do it"

pinballs are not only for good players, evbd should play them and have fun with them, thats the spirit of the game

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

so they had them and decided they didn't want them.

Well thank you Mr. obvious but we figured this out a long time ago. That's why I'm making these posts, so people don't have to drill holes in their playfields.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Well thank you Mr. obvious but we figured this out a long time ago. That's why I'm making these posts, so people don't have to drill holes in their playfields.

to add posts that were deemed unneeded by the game designer and in the testing. Just rubber band the outlanes and be done with it.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

even with this great mod, some will still lose balls...
now, to Neo (which i agree with), you have to consider we all have diff skills (and aim while playing pinball, you want to reach Valinor, i want to reach MET wizard mode, and my wife wanna keep a ball more than 3 seconds ! kidding, she's better than that... 5 seconds lol), and i can understand that some people are really frustrated just because they simply cant "do it"
pinballs are not only for good players, evbd should play them and have fun with them, thats the spirit of the game

I'm never going to see valinor. I've come to terms with it already. But I don't need to, to be happy with the game. The overall keeps me coming back. If I cheated my way to make it to easy, i'd be missing out on the experience. You don't have to make a game easier to enjoy it. My bally Atlantis is a ball buster. If i have a 45 second ball time, I feel I accomplished something. Doesn't take away from the fun of it. Put these on some games, and the ball won't even be able to drain because there isn't enough room for it to fit between this and the rubber that's by the upper right of it.

#87 9 years ago

Unneeded? Hmm. Then why so many people complaining about it. If you don't need them then don't put any on. I've gone through a lot of head aches getting these made so people would enjoy their game more. My game would be gone right now if i didn't put them on it was so bad. Remember the old saying? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's no good.

Quoted from calvin12:

to add posts that were deemed unneeded by the game designer and in the testing. Just rubber band the outlanes and be done with it.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Unneeded? Hmm. Then why so many people complaining about it. If you don't need them then don't put any on. I've gone through a lot of head aches getting these made so people would enjoy their game more. My game would be gone right now if i didn't put them on it was so bad. Remember the old saying? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's no good.

like i said just rubber band the outlanes, or buy these but angle them way outside blocking off the outlanes and pulling everything into the inlanes. Why are people complaining, because they are not playing well and feel entitled to have good scores every time, which they are not getting. Play a game like fireball you can play all 5 balls and not get a single flip in, but when you do have that good game it feels oh so good. You're not supposed to do great every game.

#89 9 years ago

To each their own man. We all have our own preferences. Would I ever put these on one of my pins? No way. Do I care that others seem to like it and someone is making the parts that they want? No way. Have fun the way you want it's pinball. However, if you put your high score in on here it would be good to note you used these to get there.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

To each their own man. We all have our own preferences. Would I ever put these on one of my pins? No way. Do I care that others seem to like it and someone is making the parts that they want? No way. Have fun the way you want it's pinball. However, if you put your high score in on here it would be good to note you used these to get there.

I agree go ahead and use them, but realize you're using a crutch and changing the game. and don't expect people down the line to pay more for your game when you sell it since you have to recover your "mod/neutering" costs.

#91 9 years ago

I got them all sent out today,so be checking your mail box next week. & be sure to put the metal wire on the top side. You'll have too bend it down a little because of the thickness of the posts. Also take off the 2 rubbers that are there now & save them. Any questions just email me. Happy zombie slaying!

#92 9 years ago

I would probably set my game to 5 balls before I would put these in my machine, but to each his own. I am a purist, 3 balls no mods to make the game easier; but I would never criticize someone who does. It's your game, do what you need to enjoy it.

#93 9 years ago

What ever a guy wants to do to their own game to make the pinball experience more enjoyable for them.....more power to them....go ahead. Why would anyone care?

Some think LEDs are stupid, some think mods are stupid.....well I think the constant whining about what others choose to do is stupid

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

.....well I think the constant whining about what others choose to do is stupid

Welcome to pinside... ...............Joey

2 months later
#95 8 years ago

...PM sent
thx

#96 8 years ago

I never got my second set!

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

still available?

Not yet. I'm working on it though

5 months later
#99 8 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd chime in anyway.

I had a TWD pro that played great. I loved it and decided to upgrade to a premium this week for the walker bombs alone. Got the premium home and the outlanes were intolerable. Moving the post down a notch to make them easier did nothing. The pro I left the outlanes stock in the open position. The premium I just bought with outlanes closed were just way brutal. I ran an audit on the premium to see if it was just in my head. The drains were 84 left outlane, 87 center, 22 right outlane. Compared to my pro with more plays (was still here when I tested) 283 left outlane, 724 center, 198 right outlane. The premium simply plays differently. I applied a similar fix to this for the left outlane only (I actually added a rubber post like this, but then removed the existing post on the left side) and while the outlane opening is actually larger, it definitely evened out the left draining on this. Now I'm not arguing that the premiums and pros all play differently. I'm simply pointing out that some games play more brutally than others - and its not pitch or leveling.

I also had several STTNG that I've had come through here for shopping. My personal STTNG always has had the most brutal outlanes so I installed the extended outlanes. However, several that have come through here with the stock outlanes were far less brutal than my STTNG was with the extended outlanes. Some games just play differently than others.

In the end, we buy these games to have fun. It's doubtful that a game designer thought it would be fun for everyone to be super frustrated while playing his game. People should do whatever they can to their games to maximize the fun it brings them.

#100 8 years ago

I put these outlane extenders on my pro and I love it now. It was frustrating as hell before!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-twd-drain-post-sets-for-sale/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.