tumblr_mn4qwctgFQ1s5pnjao1_500.gif
image-554.jpg
smurf-of-tron.jpg
tron-pink-2.png
tron-siderails-pink-1.jpg
IMG_0489.jpg
dumpster.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 351 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No, there is no difference, because you are coming up with just some completely arbitrary standard for what you think pins should sell for. Both pin prices and gas prices sell at prices based on market conditions (supply/demand).

When you goto a gas station today you have choices of $3, $3.25 and $3.50

When i buy a pin today, i have $1000,$2000,$3000,$4000,$5000,$6000,$7000,$10,500,$33,000 etc.

There is a tad more selection of supply in pins then gas. I think u tried to be witty with your reply, which it was and we should leave it at that.

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

That doesn't seem very fair.

Life isn't fair! Look at the bright side Kaneda... every one loves to hear stories of redemption

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

When i buy a pin today, i have $1000,$2000,$3000,$4000,$5000,$6000,$7000,$10,500,$33,000 etc.

and when you sell a pin these days you have a choice of being smart or stupid… why choose the latter?

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

There is a tad more selection of supply in pins then gas. I think u tried to be witty with your reply, which it was and we should leave it at that.

So?

Let me make it simple for you. You don't want pin prices to be tied to market forces. You have come up with no valid reason why that should be the case, other than that's what you "feel" it should be.

Nobody cares that's what you "feel" because it doesn't make a shitload of difference in how things actually are.

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Says the guy who has TMNT bed linen.

Ok, now this made me laugh.

#306 9 years ago

This has to be some sort of pinside record. A whysnow thread seven pages deep and he's not even the one fighting with people. I see over 300 posts and click on it expecting him to be fighting off a swarm of people like Neo in the matrix, but pleasantly shocked to see that's not the case.

This game will sell. Fight bump!

#307 9 years ago

i up your "fight bump" with a "drama bump".

#308 9 years ago

And to think I'll be in WI in 2 weeks... Too bad I'm pretty much broke lol GLWTS

#309 9 years ago

This would look great next to FH and LOTR, but i'd have to sell both to fund it.. #firstworldproblems.

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

and when you sell a pin these days you have a choice of being smart or stupid… why choose the latter?

I sell my pins for what I pay for them or minus for wear and buy a pin for what the other person should of paid for it (NIB or less due to wear). If you have mods, and I want the pin, I would pay for those buy adding the price of the mods to the overall cost and pay the seller. To me that is smart.

#311 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

..you think almost 11K is reasonable?

I dunno, ask your fiancé.

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So?
Let me make it simple for you. You don't want pin prices to be tied to market forces. You have come up with no valid reason why that should be the case, other than that's what you "feel" it should be.
Nobody cares that's what you "feel" because it doesn't make a shitload of difference in how things actually are.

Let me make it simple for you, I can buy many Top 100 pins for NIB prices or less. Do people pay $12,000 for an HUO MB or other A-list pins? Sure, but I don't. That isn't a feeling, its reality.

Maybe I don't understand your point, but Ill reiterate my point so we are clear. I don't think pins should appreciate in value. I think people buy them NIB and they should sell them for what they paid or less depending on the wear. If someone wants to buy an LE for $7000 and sell it for $10,000 Im not a fan. If someone wants to buy a NIB BBB for $8,000 and sell for $33,000 I'm not a fan. It creates inflated volatile prices.

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Let me make it simple for you, I can buy many Top 100 pins for NIB prices or less. Do people pay $12,000 for an HUO MB or other A-list pins? Sure, but I don't. That isn't a feeling, its reality.

Dude. It's reality because THE MARKET SAYS SO!

Quoted from ZenTron:

I don't think pins should appreciate in value.

#314 9 years ago

What's the lowest price your friend will accept for this unsold tulip bulb?

Wait a minute, who subcontracts out the sale of their TronLE to the LOTR price police lol

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am guessing this is priced correctly for sale.
If you like Tron, limited, and low play; this is where it is at. I am also willing to help with shipping which most people do not seem willing to do this.

And if I may add, if whysnow packs, the game will arrive perfectly . . .

#316 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

If someone wants to buy an LE for $7000 and sell it for $10,000 Im not a fan. If someone wants to buy a NIB BBB for $8,000 and sell for $33,000 I'm not a fan. It creates inflated volatile prices.

No one has a gun to buyers' heads. Supply and demand. If there aren't enough machines to meet demand, prices increase. If someone is willing to buy a BBB for $33,000, why would a seller sell it for less?

That being said, I still have a cool $8k for anyone who wants to part with a BBB

#317 9 years ago

The assumption is that there is a buyer at 33k but at the micro level is that really a good transaction for either?

Someone stored a BBB for 7yrs and wants to sell it at a highly inflated price. If there is a buyer they are paying 33k for an 8k game thats been in a box for 7years. I mentioned previously im not a huge fan of the BBB theme but that is another deal im not a fan of.

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

The assumption is that there is a buyer at 33k but at the micro level is that really a good transaction for either?
Someone stored a BBB for 7yrs and wants to sell it at a highly inflated price. If there is a buyer they are paying 33k for an 8k game thats been in a box for 7years. I mentioned previously im not a huge fan of the BBB theme but that is another deal im not a fan of.

Irrelevant. There are only 200-something BBBs. You can't just walk into a store and get a NIB BBB. If someone wants one of the last NIB BBBs, the seller has the leverage to sell it for whatever someone is willing to pay for it. End of story. Same principal for anything rare/in demand, not just pinball.

#319 9 years ago

I wonder how else you might suggest allocating scarce resources if we aren't supposed to modify price? Plenty of societies have tried to come up with a better way than a market, but I'd argue none have had long term success.

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Irrelevant. There are only 200-something BBBs. You can't just walk into a store and get a NIB BBB. If someone wants one of the last NIB BBBs, the seller has the leverage to sell it for whatever someone is willing to pay for it. End of story. Same principal for anything rare/in demand, not just pinball.

So if Jpop makes MG, and he will, then by making only 50 of those, it should be worth?

222 BBB's divided by 50, ok, let's call it 25%

So 33k times 4 or 132k for a Magic Girl seems like a reasonable price by comparison when you consider rarity and what will be a game that knocks BBB's dick in the dirt? Hehe

If some idiot pays 33k for a BBB........

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So if Jpop makes MG, and he will, then by making only 50 of those, it should be worth?
222 BBB's divided by 50, ok, let's call it 25%
So 33k times 4 or 132k for a Magic Girl seems like a reasonable price by comparison when you consider rarity and what will be a game that knocks BBB's dick in the dirt? Hehe

I dunno, BBB exists & I've played it.

No Jpop game exists yet, so - irrelevant.

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I dunno, BBB exists & I've played it.

But it really sucks as a playa, doesn't it? Hehe......

Big reveal coming soon to a rug near you! Will you eva play a MG? Only Fitty of those....

Tick tock.....

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But it really sucks as a playa, doesn't it? Hehe......
Big reveal coming soon to a rug near you! Will you eva play a MG? Only Fitty of those....

Will anyone play a MG? LOL. Until it exists, I honestly don't care. I'd rather play TRON LE! WOOO!

#324 9 years ago

Exactly. His entire argument is irrelevant.

It all comes down to him wanting pins to never sell for more than they sold when NIB.

He can want that all he wants, but it's just not going to be reality for many of the highly sought after pins.

I would love to have a nice Porsche 556 and would gladly pay what that car cost when it was new, but it ain't going to happen, and I'm not going to go on the Porsche forum and make an argument that that car should never sell for more than it cost when it was new.

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

If someone buys it for $33K (or whatever amount), then yes, that is presumably a good transaction for both. The buyer values the game more than the money and the seller values the money more than the game.

Your theories of how pricing should work are getting tiresome. Please take a microeconomics class from your local JuCo before posting again.

#326 9 years ago

Its not really an argument, just stating my point of view. If i had an LE, id open box, play it, have fun and sell it at price i paid or less and move on. If this buyer paid $8k and it was posted at $8k it would of been sold. Instead its sitting and going down in price and has competition from another tronle. The guy sat on a bbb and hopes someone bites at 33k.

Of course i know absolutely nothing and came out from under a rock yesterday.

#327 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I think selling it for what the buyer paid for it is reasonable.

These things (pins) are loosing touch with reality.... but it's so much fun!

DSCF5376.JPGDSCF5376.JPG

#328 9 years ago

Jayhawk, tiresome because you read them all? In flattered. Your right, paying 33k for an 8k game is a win win for everyone in the pinball community.

#329 9 years ago

Fulltilt, thank you!

Ill thumbs up your post later.

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Its not really an argument, just stating my point of view. If i had an LE, id open box, play it, have fun and sell it at price i paid or less and move on. If this buyer paid $8k and it was posted at $8k it would of been sold. Instead its sitting and going down in price and has competition from another tronle. The guy sat on a bbb and hopes someone bites at 33k.
Of course i know absolutely nothing and came out from under a rock yesterday.

Oh my God.

Just stop.

#331 9 years ago

I wondered what you would say when you lost a debate. The ole "Just stop."
Fair enough

#332 9 years ago

This may be the most entertaining for sale thread I've ever read...

#333 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

If this buyer paid $8k and it was posted at $8k it would of been sold.

Assume he paid 9.5k, now are you interested? No?

download.jpgdownload.jpg
#334 9 years ago

Ive seen RobT in some other threads lately, he a couple others need to slow down on the red bull. People have different opinions that you cant chsnge. Give your opinion and move on but that isnt good enough for him and a few others. They need to insult you and get so emotionally involved. People in here defending 33k for an 8k pin. Prety sad

#335 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

People in here defending 33k for an 8k pin. Prety sad

Who cares, buy what you want at a price you are comfortable forking over this cash, I dunno….

#336 9 years ago

Deacon, since you wanted to join in. What should i assume he paid tomorrow?

#337 9 years ago

TRONMAN !

#338 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Ive seen RobT in some other threads lately, he a couple others need to slow down on the red bull. People have different opinions that you cant chsnge. Give your opinion and move on but that isnt good enough for him and a few others. They need to insult you and get so emotionally involved. People in here defending 33k for an 8k pin. Prety sad

They are correct in what they are saying (if you listen...)

If the guy asks $33,000 for his NIB BBB, and nobody buys it, then it ain't worth $33,000.

But if someone buys it, then obviously it is. Is that what it's worth? Not to me. And not to you. But it is to whoever bought it.

When Tron LE came out here in New Zealand, it was $9500 NZD. There were only two in the country.

I said "$9500 for a pinball!! Jesus!!" ... Two years later, I paid the guy who bought it $9500 for it used.

Something is worth what someone wants to pay for it.

I sure wish I could go back in time and buy all of Davincis paintings off him for a few bucks each, which is what he sold them for back then. They are worth a little more these days.

rd.

#339 9 years ago

Eeek, im not disagreeing with supply/demand, just saying i dont buy pins and try tk sell them for 3k more then i paid regardless if someone would pay that. Id rather a quicker sell and let someone else enjoy it. A lot of people think im dumb though

#340 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's not true. I owned 3 of his 5 games before.

#341 9 years ago

figuring out your own best price is well based on checking out the market competition...

peek-1.jpgpeek-1.jpg

#342 9 years ago

Just shocked this hasn't sold. Everyone said the price was reasonable when it was a $1,000 higher. I do think my hunch was right. With so many exciting pins around the corner it's hard for any game not to sink a bit down. Let's face it guys, all of our games probably just dipped 10 percent in the last year. No?

#343 9 years ago

it's just timing...

#344 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

it's just timing...

and an eager seller dropping the price. TRONLE value is only what someone is willing to pay for it.

So many people have nice PRO's with Eli's mod and aren't really looking to upgrade so that eliminates a ton of potential buyers.

#345 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

it's just timing...

Probably right. Not sure about you guys but I don't get an Xmas bonus, in fact, the holidays drain my income because all of the money seems to be going out the door. Which means it's probably best for these pins to wait it out.

#346 9 years ago

This thread needs some PattyJ.

#347 9 years ago

Argh! If Tron prices have to fall, wish it wasn't my friends game that "broke the seal" so to speak.

I'll add in, a NIB that sat in a climate controlled living room no kids no smoking no pets. I helped Jones pull it out of the box it was glorious!

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I dunno, ask your fiancé.

Best post of the year on pinside.

#349 9 years ago

Move along....nothing to see here....

obi.gifobi.gif
#350 9 years ago

I am asking mods to close this down. I am not even sure what is for sale anymore and I am the damn OP.

Just trying to help a buddy with a sale and all the trolling/banter is not helping him out. Thanks to those that have provided constructive comments.

If anyone is interested in buying you know where I am.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 351 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tronle-1-owner-madison-wi/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.