(Topic ID: 25037)

FS TRON mini arcade 1.0 $90 shipped (sold)

By tatman9999

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

001.JPG
#1 11 years ago

for sale mini TRON arcade 1.0 $90 shipped (sold)

001.JPG001.JPG

#3 11 years ago

Someone explain to me the different in the versions please?

I think they are up to version 3?

#4 11 years ago

I think 2.1 is the newest. I think the difference is the cabinet.

#5 11 years ago

1.0 has a regular LCD screen, and 2.1 uses an oLED screen. New cabinet tilts the screen up at a better viewing angle, has a joystick, and uses a larger cabinet. I've not seen 2.1 in person but used to have 1.0 and thought it was great. Originally, 1.0 was a DIY assembly kit that came with just the screen, stickers, foam peanut and UVLED, while 2.x is pre-assembled. Looks like from the ad that this one is the complete arcade and not just the kit, and if so that's a great deal.

#6 11 years ago

So is this just decals that go over the original cab? Plus the OLED?

#7 11 years ago

Version 1 seen above.

Verson 2 has a more authentic looking cabinet with joystick and more to scale.

Version 2.1 had some assembly changes so that there are no bolts or screws visible on the outside of the side of the cabinet.

Pretty sure that' about sums it up.

#8 11 years ago

Version 1 uses the existing stern tron mini cabinet that comes with the tron pinball machine. The stern mini cabinet has a shape that doesn't really look like the original tron video arcade game cabinet from 1982. An LCD screen is put inside the existing stern cabinet that would play out the attract mode sequence from the original video game. New decals are applied to the outside of the cabinet to replace the crappy pixelated graphics used by Stern. Most people who did this mod didn't bother with adding internal LED lighting due to lack of space. At the time this was consdiered to be one of the coolest mods ever due to the mini LCD video screen running Eli's awesome simulation of the Tron attract mode sequence.

Version 2 kicks up the coolness factor a couple of notches by using a custom designed video cabinet that more closely resembles the original tron arcade game cabinet lovingly designed by Jeremy with great attention to detail. This mod is designed to use an OLED screen (looks a little crisper than the LCD but very similar when viewed head on). The screen program is running the same code as the original mod except its rotated to fit the OLED orientation. It also angles the screen down more to a better viewing angle from the players perspective (the version 1 mod had the screen pretty much straight up). This design also has internal LED lighting to add to the effect and adds more details like: back lit translight above the video screen, back lit marquee on top, UV glow plastics for the control panel and joystick, and a rasied spinner knob on the control panel. It still has a flasher in the base like version 1 so when the ball ejects the bottom of the mod flashes. Most put a UV or a very bright LED in there to make the flashing more noticeable.

Versions above 2 added some improvements like no more exterior screws. This looks nicer but would be more problematic if you ever needed to open up the mod for whatever reason. However, you shouldn't have to open up the mod unless you needed to replace any of the LED's or flasher bulb or re-program the screen. Higher quality sitckers on the outside and maybe some other improvements I can't rember off the top of my head were included with 2.1.

Here's a parts list if you want to try to build one yourself:
http://www.pinhacks.com/tron_materials.html

#9 11 years ago

It looks sweet in the game. I just installed 2.1.

#10 11 years ago

Is there a way to get just the decals for the cab that's in there now? Those decals are for the 2.1 version. I don't want to do the whole LCD thing, just make the cabinet look more authentic

I'm talking the stock Tron cabinet for clarification

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Putmick_J:

Is there a way to get just the decals for the cab that's in there now? Those decals are for the 2.1 version. I don't want to do the whole LCD thing, just make the cabinet look more authentic

Here is the link to the decals:

http://www.pinhacks.com/downloads/sternTronCabinetArt.png

I plan to make it look more original, like you, and use blue or purple flasher inside.

#12 11 years ago

Yours is a bargain someone should grab it.

My V2.1 mini Tron Cab changes

• No screws on the sides of the cab
• Glossy vinyl decals (not different but mine are also machine cut)
• Base is blue UV reactive acrylic
• Spinner is UV reactive acrylic
• LED’s are powered off the 5v, not the screens 3.3v power. They have optimized voltage/current draw for improved brightness and efficiency

• Marquee led placement has changed. Marquee bottom, top and side edges are shielded to not let light through the edges.

• 906 8 SMD LED flasher with eight high-powered LED’s for superior brightness

These are the most notable changes.
I must say thanks to Eli Curtz of nuprometheus.com. Without him you would see nothing on the screen and we would not even have V1 or V2 or my V2.1.
V2.1 is based off Tilt/Jeremy’s design V2.0 was an amazing place to start from, I just made a few tweaks.
Most of the changes were user requested and the changes are evolutionary and not revolutionary.

These can be taken apart to replace a screen but it requires new decals to make it look new again.
Flasher can be replaced with just one screw on the back no need to open it up.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Putmick_J:

I'm selling a kit thats just the plastic parts for the newer v2 cabinet (cabinet parts, joystick, decals, mounting base and hardware to attach it) for $35 shipped. This doesn't have any of the electronics in it so you can assemble it and use it as is. Just put the sticker from the old stern cabinet on the new cabinet, then re-use the current flasher, and install it right where the old one was. Then in the future if you decide you want to mount the screen in there its all set to go.

#15 11 years ago

Is sold . Thanks

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Someone explain to me the different in the versions please?
I think they are up to version 3?

PDI sells one and I think they call it version 3, but it is no different than the 2.0 or 2.1 or whatever they are calling it now, but PDI's price is quite a bit higher.

As I side note, I still have my version 1.0, and since Tat has now sold his, I will offer mine up for sale at the same price if anyone wants it.

#17 11 years ago

Pinball decals is crazy money. All versions are good. Good luck with the sale RobT I had two others interested I will send them to you.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Here is the link to the decals:
http://www.pinhacks.com/downloads/sternTronCabinetArt.png
I plan to make it look more original, like you, and use blue or purple flasher inside.

Ahh Thank you, just what I was looking for. What is the best way to apply these?

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Putmick_J:

Ahh Thank you, just what I was looking for. What is the best way to apply these?

I plan to print on decal paper, then mylar over them, then cut them out and apply. Mylar will give a nice protective shine, so you won't smear the ink while applying.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I plan to print on decal paper, then mylar over them, then cut them out and apply. Mylar will give a nice protective shine, so you won't smear the ink while applying.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Pinball decals is crazy money. All versions are good. Good luck with the sale RobT I had two others interested I will send them to you.

Cool, thanks Tat!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tron-mini-arcade-10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.