You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0328-1024.jpg
Custom_Laseriffic_TRON_Topper-1024.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Contemplating selling my third run Tron Pro (Chicks translite) for $5,700 in perfect HUO condition with the following mods:

Mini Arcade version 3.0!
Pinbits playfield dress up plastics set
Pinbits pop bumper dress up kit
Cointaker Blue LED flipper buttons (not yet installed)
Laseriffic version 2 Custom Tron topper with TRON

Location is south Twin Cities metro in MN
I suck at taking photos, but will have my wife take some tomorrow and post here if game is still available. Selling only to fund a Metallica, game is perfect!

// Error: Image 99961 not found //

#2 10 years ago

Its awesome condition!!! Buy with confidence from Duckboy!

#3 10 years ago

Damn you're fast Vince!!

#4 10 years ago

Brian is a super good guy to deal with. I've bought a pin from him before and he's great! You can trust this guy.

#6 10 years ago

Not sure if people are waiting for pics, etc... but there have been no nibbles at all. Not going to have my wife shoot a bunch of pics if there just isn't any interest as I would be fine without selling and just take a little extra time to put my money together to buy Metallica and keep Tron.

If there's interest out there anywhere, let me know and I will be happy to post pics; if not, I am going to pull it off the market. Thanks guys (and gals!)
Brian

#7 10 years ago

Good pics always help a sale. I would never post game for sale without pics, unless it was NIB.

#8 10 years ago

GLWS!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#9 10 years ago

I had one listed for several weeks with little interest. I had a couple national bites, but I was not interested in shipping. I have to think we may still be too close to them being available NIB.

In the end, I've decided to hold onto mine for a while longer.

Hope that helps!

#10 10 years ago

That topper looks familiar

Custom_Laseriffic_TRON_Topper-1024.jpgCustom_Laseriffic_TRON_Topper-1024.jpg

#11 10 years ago

That also appears to be a cropped version of my pic...

IMG_0328-1024.jpgIMG_0328-1024.jpg

#12 10 years ago

I was very interested when I saw it but I'm not into toppers at all. So I compared what I was getting to just grabbing a new one myself and it didn't add up for me. I think with some time you will be able to get your price.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

Not sure if people are waiting for pics, etc... but there have been no nibbles at all. Not going to have my wife shoot a bunch of pics if there just isn't any interest as I would be fine without selling and just take a little extra time to put my money together to buy Metallica and keep Tron.
If there's interest out there anywhere, let me know and I will be happy to post pics; if not, I am going to pull it off the market. Thanks guys (and gals!)
Brian

I'll be honest and say that if I was interested in Tron (well more like if I could justify the money now, great game), I'd just grab one of the NIB ones on the market for less; none of your mods are hard to get or install, and then I'd have the fresh out of box experience. The market has softened, and it's my opinion that people might need to start adjusting to the fact that when you open a game it doesn't become worth more than you paid for it, nor will you automatically get your money back from mods.

We'll see, too early to really say, but that's the normal state of things, open NIB = worth less, so it wouldn't really be all that shocking.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd just grab one of the NIB ones on the market for less; none of your mods are hard to get or install, and then I'd have the fresh out of box experience

yes,
then in about 2 weeks you realize this machine needs certain mods.

shaker motor
leds
cliffy protectors all around

at minimum. if you want a nice machine that has everything and more, I dont' see why paying more for the mods, and getting a machine that has been proven to play isn't worth it? NIB is nice, but if you can find a nice machine it really doesn't matter imo. anything a year old will still play NIB in my experience anyways.

#15 10 years ago

A new game in home use does not need Cliffy protectors. It takes many thousands of plays to do hole damage.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadTower:

A new game in home use does not need Cliffy protectors. It takes many thousands of plays to do hole damage.

It takes many thousands before you can see the hole damage. Damage starts on game 1. Kinda like rock chips ona car. They start to accumulate on the first mile but the car does not look like crap for a while, but it will.

#17 10 years ago

Duckbrian
When I saw your handle I got excited
I was hoping you we're in Oregon
For some reason there are not many Trons
In Oregon. I only know of one on route in the entire state.
GLWS

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadTower:

I had two blown out ramps after 500 plays I think? stern replaced one, I was able to make the other work. 3 cliffy protectors for the 3 sides not protected on the 2 ramps is a must for this machine.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadTower:

I can verify beyond a doubt this is simply not true. I had signs of hole damage beginning on lots of my NIB games (including Tron and XM) within the first 500 games. Cliffy's / Mantis protectors are a MUST!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I dont' see why paying more for the mods, and getting a machine that has been proven to play isn't worth it?

It's a pinball machine. "Proven to play?" What does that even mean? FS: Tron, proven to play!!

Look, anyone can spend their money however they wish. Someone can come in here and swoop up this machine, and be totally happy, I wish everyone nothing but good buying experiences.

I'm just saying, in a normal market when you open the box on something brand new the value goes down. If 9/10 NIB Trons were lemons then maybe there'd be something to this "proven to play" idea, but we all know that's not the case.

So I'm making the suggestion that people might need to come back to reality a bit here. Maybe I'm wrong, it's all tea leaf reading, but that's how the signs are looking.

The same thing goes for mods. Your mods are just not worth what you paid for them. Nicely done, popular ones? Sure, they'll increase your value. But forget adding up what you paid for them and just adding that to the NIB price on your used game and calling it a day. Tron Pros aren't a scarce commodity, you can't command whatever you want for them.

#21 10 years ago

No longer selling this pin on Pinside. Just don't need some of the garbage that goes along with it. As you guys can tell by comments from others who've done business with me, I'm not out to gouge people. I'm not asking $10,000 for a twilight zone that I restored myself

This game is $5000 shipped and with the mods that I've added and the condition of the game, I feel it is worth the asking price. If you don't, no problem. I just hate the way that these threads evolve even when the asking price is no more than a couple hundred dollars off of what others feel should be asked. Nowhere did I say my price was firm or that I would not accept offers. The whole price bashing thing just gets to be a little ridiculous.

What is really sad is that I more or less agree with some of the comments and would've even considered lowering my asking price. The whole thing degenerated into more than just price bashing, I am also dealing with someone who was pissed about something that I bought for the game from someone who was happy to sell it to me. Somehow, I guess, that was partially my fault. What the $"@?¥€%! Sorry for the rant guys, just been a morning of nonsense over this. I'm going to go flip a couple games to unwind a little bit.
Brian

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadTower:

This is not true as others have expressed. You need to put a protector at least at scoop hole. You can clearly see divots/chipping around the edge after 10-20 plays. Stern doesn't use near the same quality of wood or clear that was used on new PF's years ago.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

No longer selling this pin on Pinside. Just don't need some of the garbage that goes along with it. As you guys can tell by comments from others who've done business with me, I'm not out to gouge people.

No one said you were trying to gouge people. I certainly didn't. You expressed surprise that you weren't getting any nibbles, and I suggested that the market may be getting to the point where pins are going to depreciate a bit after you open them, as is normal. That hasn't been true in the somewhat recent past, you had every right to ask your price, not hammering you for it.

The reality is Tron is still available NIB, and for most people NIB always trumps used. If you find a problem you've got a receipt, you talk to Stern, you get it fixed. If the decal gets a scratch, hey you put it there yourself. Hell, just opening something in the package can be its own thrill.

Some people find pre-modded games to be of value, the market will decided I guess.

I hope you either enjoy your game or get a price you want for it, don't take any of my speculating out loud as ill will.

#24 10 years ago

it is all about marketing. if you have nib you brag about that when there are few left. if you have dialed it in then you mention how it's better than new. if you install many mods then that is the angle. I agree with everyone involved. I agree with the point made about for sale threads deteriorating when the price involved; conversely I agree with the people who point out that someone shouldn't be surprised if there are no nibbles if a price appears high. I agree with the person who will jump on here shortly and say anything here isn't sacred; if you don't want comments then advertise strictly in the for sale ads. as long as things don't turn nasty then anyone's opinion should be valid.

a game that sells in a matter of hours was typically underpriced. those that have a lot if interest over a day or two are typically priced right. those that stagnate then wither and die are either a) an unpopular game or b) overpriced. with that being said I hope you get a decent price brian. I am glad you didn't buy mine only because this third run allowed you to pick up one NIB. I've bought used and new and new is always cool whenever possible (knowing there is a good chance you can lose money). enjoy your Tron now that you've decided to keep it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tron-legacy-chicks-translite-with-great-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.