tron cupcake.jpg
tron-1mil.gif
image-588.jpg
myfavoritegif.gif
Tron Avatar9.gif
IMG_20141205_193009.jpg
IMG_20141205_193844.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its amazing how all the TRON LE owners come out of the woodwork when another one comes up for sale.

It's amazing how many jackasses who don't own a Tron LE come out of the woodwork when a Tron LE is offered for sale.

#52 9 years ago

Tron LE is an unbelievable game yet the only title I was happy with going with a pro though… Either version is worth every penny.

Per your pics, I hope the lockdown bar is included!

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

Nice looking game.. nice looking 24 inch Ted doll.. I have a 24inch Ted as well

Thank you!

#54 9 years ago

#55 9 years ago

There may be a dip in the desire to own a Tron or Tron LE now, but just wait until Stern releases Kiss, Angry Birds, Muppets, Angry Ponies or what have you. I think I am going to hang on to mine.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

The fact that this hasn't sold yet is indicative of just one thing -

....it's only been for sale for ONE DAY, and for all we know - on one site. There are lots of way to sell pinball machines, you know. The fact that you think it's odd that a ~$10k toy hasn't sold in ONE day says more about YOU than it does about anything.... Mr. Instant Gratification.

Tron LE is awesome, and there will always be someone who wants it. Just because the right set of eyeballs hasn't seen the ad yet, doesn't mean the sky is falling.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

The fact that this hasn't sold yet is indicative of just one thing

#58 9 years ago

Crazy how the market has changed so rapidly. A year ago, this would be gone in a heartbeat...

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Crazy how the market has changed so rapidly. A year ago, this would be gone in a heartbeat...

It.
Has.
Been.
One.
Day.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

A year ago, this would be gone in a heartbeat...

Yeah. Kaneda would have opened his bank book and we all would have lived happily ever after.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It.
Has.
Been.
One.
Day.

Yeah I know. So it should have sold 115,200 times already.

Kidding. Just noticed this and another sitting around the same price. The other one longer than this. But yeah, at $9500 a year ago it would be gone already.

Judging by your defensive comment, would it be safe to say you own a Tron LE?

Can't wait for the Tron VE!!!

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah. Kaneda would have opened his bank book and we all would have lived happily ever after.
</blockquote

lol. For sure

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can't wait for the Tron VE!!!

Rumor is that LOTR is the next VE.

Can't wait for LOTR VE!!! (Would be sweet to bust open a NIB LOTR)

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Judging by your defensive comment, would it be safe to say you own a TRON LE?

Ugh.

Is Pinside the next RGP? It's just really going full retard around here lately...

#65 9 years ago

(not talking about the sell/price) the TRON LE will always be something special, with talks between haters/lovers to never be agree just because its more to just "like" or not a pinball

even if its linked to the new TRON movie, this pin is talking to nostalgia for those who have been child in the '80, than the theme, the music, the lights, the efx, and also the very good game it is, all these making TRON LE being so particular in the pinball story (as some other pins of course)

and may be for the lovers, the bad point caming from the haters is, the most of the time, they never see a TRON LE in real, and than even more they never put their hands on it to play a single game...

this said, peace all,
and good luck with the sale

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

» YouTube video

Love it. Cali style! old school!

#67 9 years ago

How can anyone take umbrage about a game that sold NIB for $5,500 and now, horrors, might be worth less than $9,500? Or more? When pinside goes full retard it does so in 360 degrees. Remember that.

The fact that a game ranked 23 commands such a high price, you'd think the owners/sellers should show some gratitude, but so often it's just entitlement with this title.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Ugh.
Is Pinside the next RGP? It's just really going full retard around here lately...

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

When pinside goes full retard it does so in 360 degrees.

Then your back to your starting point!
You mean 180 i guess.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

Then your back to your starting point!
You mean 180 i guess.

A 360 perspective is different than "doing a 180" (or 360) on a decision you've made.

Turn around and look at the world while doing so. You see everything in your purview right? That's what I mean. Depending on when you look, this place is pretty much all stupid. And then there are the normal times when it isn't.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And more amazing when non owners come out in droves and offer $5k for the game, or just devalue the hell out of it. This is probably the nicest example I've seen posted in awhile, and really just wanted to support and bump the Op, like I do for ALL machines that I am familiar with, and look like a good deal...
This whole thing is annoying more than Gary....that is for certain.......to OP....GLWS, and final bump...out...mark

The LE owners come out with their checklist and make sure they do the following circle jerk:

1. OH MY GOD, that price is so amazing. It will sell immediately
2. If I didn't already have one, i'd buy this one for sure
3. What insane condition this is, you'd be stupid not to spend 10 grand on it

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

These were never selling at 11k. The price on them today where they move is about the same as last year.

Also, if someone sells a game within a few hours of posting it they probably under priced it.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

The LE owners come out with their checklist and make sure they do the following circle jerk:

Just trying to protect their investment thru trolling.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

These were never selling at 11k. The price on them today where they move is about the same as last year.
Also, if someone sells a game within a few hours of posting it they probably under priced it.

Oh they were selling for 11k, mine did anyway. I bought mine for about $8600 shipped via STI. Dumped an additional $600 in mods and got $11k for it. It was an awesome game I did not really want to sell, but at the time I just felt dumb keeping it when I as pretty sure it would sell for 11k.

I may still buy one again and the ones posted recently have my interest but am in no rush. It's a rare game in a sense, but they are for sale often for being "rare".

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Oh they were selling for 11k, mine did anyway. I bought mine for about $8600 shipped via STI. Dumped an additional $600 in mods and got $11k for it. It was an awesome game I did not really want to sell, but at the time I just felt dumb keeping it when I as pretty sure it would sell for 11k.
I may still buy one again and the ones posted recently have my interest but am in no rush. It's a rare game in a sense, but they are for sale often for being "rare".

Congrats on getting 11k. You might have found the right buyer at the right time. I would like to see people fessing up to paying 11k for one. You won't see many of those people.

#75 9 years ago

I sold mine #17 with lots of mods a couple months ago for 10.5. Don't think i could have gotten a cent more. Glad I sold it when I did

#76 9 years ago

i have plans to be buried in my Tron LE, so that means there's officially 1 less LE on the market.
Better get them while you can, there's less of them available with each "passing" day

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Congrats on getting 11k. You might have found the right buyer at the right time. I would like to see people fessing up to paying 11k for one. You won't see many of those people.

Why would you? Why is it anyone's business what someone paid for a pin? Especially after you make a post like the one above, basically inferring that anyone who paid $11k is a sucker.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Mine sold for $11,000 near instantly about 16 months ago. I was one of the lucky ones who bought it NIB for $5400. I did'nt want a game around that was worth that much and could be devalued so easily by a simple scratch in the cabinet if a drunken friend walked too close to it.

I really did'nt think it was that great of a game other than the fantastic light show anyway. We had SM at the time and still do, so it was not that different of a game for us. We all enjoy STLE, AC/DC and WOZ more than we liked TRON LE.

I think the prices were only that high because it was "unobtanium" at the time. Everybody wants what they can't have (like MM used to be). But with prices of new LE games being at $8500 now nobody can predict which way its value will go.

Good luck with the sale. This game is beautiful, and that coin door really sets it off nice. The seller has a lot of bucks in options on this game for sure.

#79 9 years ago

Looks like a very nice LE, and priced to sell.

GLWTS, should be gone within a week or two, I promise you.

#80 9 years ago

I paid 11,000 too. Around 18 months ago I'd say. Have a nib too that I preordered from Trent. Now I can be buried in one and let the rest of the family play the other. The sick thing is I'm considering buying this one too. I'll put it in my office or second pad.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Labnip adds #4. Since I plan to be buried in mine that one less LE on the market!

A whole lot more "high level" pins/inventory such as DP, JPOP's, HEIGHWAY and JJP are coming into the market, and Stern for that matter when the new system and Lcd hits.

So the 10k pin buyers have a lot more to pick from, keeping the powder dry for new releases, and raising $$$ at the same time to buy those NEW pins.

Thus, older pin prices come down as the bloom on the rose slowly wilts away.

Btw, GLWS, the discussion keeps the bumps going and I agree that this should sell sooner than later.

#82 9 years ago

always trying to help where i can

looks like another one is going to get buried too (lowering market to 398). They're going fast people !!

+ buying duplicates for access at multiple locations when an urgent fix is needed. know the feelin'

Just got my Tron owner snack of the month delivery.
mmmmm.... Tron ownership... is there anything it can't do?

tron cupcake.jpgtron cupcake.jpg

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Now I can be buried in one and let the rest of the family play the other. The sick thing is I'm considering buying this one too. I'll put it in my office or second pad.

If you buy enough of these LE's you could try and corner the Tron LE market

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why would you? Why is it anyone's business what someone paid for a pin? Especially after you make a post like the one above, basically inferring that anyone who paid $11k is a sucker.

oh Rob, come on, outside of all the fun talk about playing pinball and how to fix them, price is about the most favorite topic on here. We all buy and sell games, and they're not cheap, so of course price matters. Hypers and pumpers can be called out, just like a low-baller should be. The big tease of Pinside is that at the end of the day we rarely ever know what a pin actually sold for.

Someone recently said that t sell Tron LE for less than $10,500 would be charity. This is comedy GOLD Rob…and you know it!

But I do appreciate where you're coming from. It' s no ones business but the parties, etc. But you see, they are conducting their business on a public forum. So it's open season baby. And who are we kidding? THis forum is what spiked the prices of all these games to begin with. You live by the sword and you die buy it. Tron LE owners are feeling the blade now, insteads of the buyers.

#85 9 years ago

I paid 11,000 too. Around 18 months ago I'd say. Have a nib too that I preordered from Trent. Now I can be buried in one and let the rest of the family play the other. The sick thing is I'm considering buying this one too. I'll put it in my office or second pad.

You may have a problem then. LOL. Because you've been selling one or both of your LE's off and on for a year now. You're going to add a third? Right.

Comedy Gold, Rob. Comedy gold.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The same is true for BIBLE, people talking about how it was a 12K game all day, every day. I know of only one deal in that ballpark, I am sure a few others happened, but it seemed people were under the impression it was trading at that level all the time.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you buy enough of these LE's you could try and corner the TRON LE market

Corner it, like it's on rails baby !!

tron-lightcycle-clu.giftron-lightcycle-clu.gif

#88 9 years ago

oh Rob, come on, outside of all the fun talk about playing pinball and how to fix them, price is about the most favorite topic on here. We all buy and sell games, and they're not cheap, so of course price matters. Hypers and pumpers can be called out, just like a low-baller should be. The big tease of Pinside is that at the end of the day we rarely ever know what a pin actually sold for.
Someone recently said that t sell TRON LE for less than $10,500 would be charity. This is comedy GOLD Rob…and you know it!
But I do appreciate where you're coming from. It' s no ones business but the parties, etc. But you see, they are conducting their business on a public forum. So it's open season baby. And who are we kidding? THis forum is what spiked the prices of all these games to begin with. You live by the sword and you die buy it. TRON LE owners are feeling the blade now, insteads of the buyers.

Well you completely missed my point Nelson.

#89 9 years ago

You may have a problem then. LOL. Because you've been selling one or both of your LE's off and on for a year now. You're going to add a third? Right.
Comedy Gold, Rob. Comedy gold.

I kind of wondered that myself. I was like "that can't be the guy who..."

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not sure. But if I did, sorry!

#91 9 years ago

Sad thing, for me, is that I could drive to your house in under an hour, and I'd love to own a Tron (LE or otherwise) I just can't play in the big boy sandbox when it comes to the pricing on the LE. I hate the idea of getting a regular Tron and not having the extra MB or the earnable EB…but it might have to be that way for me.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

get the point . . .

tron-mouse-1.jpgtron-mouse-1.jpg

#93 9 years ago

...I hate the idea of getting a regular Tron and not having the extra MB ...

tron-daftpunk-multiball.jpgtron-daftpunk-multiball.jpg

#94 9 years ago

because you know I'm tearing that game a new one when I finally own it. I'm going wiz baby, in a BIG WAY.

I'm the WIZ Jerry! I'm THE WIZ!!!!

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Just trying to protect their investment thru trolling.

Actually Trolling is what you are doing now in this mans for sale thread.

#96 9 years ago

I love my Tron Pro. If I had significant funds I'd buy this. I'll probably just end up buying Eli's ramps and some more mods and modding my Pro up more.

Tron was my first pin and it is still my most played pin (well, that and STLE). I love Tron. I know some people don't get it, but for me Tron is a nearly perfect pin.

(That said, guests, and those pinheads who don't play it much or really have an understanding of what is going on don't 'get it' either.)

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

The same is true for BIBLE, people talking about how it was a 12K game all day, every day. I know of only one deal in that ballpark, I am sure a few others happened, but it seemed people were under the impression it was trading at that level all the time.

An even better example is AFM. There was a suspiciously shill looking eBay auction result that allegedly sent the title into outer space value wise for the next couple years...and though I can't prove it based on how long AFM's were staying on the market when listed I just don't believe they were fetching asking price or close to it here on Pinside. I certainly could be wrong.

#98 9 years ago

It's really a shame more people don't post final closing prices on their pin sales.

Robin could add a section for each pin to record those sales.

There are some of us who would like to help other Pinsiders make informed decisions. I don't get the whole "its none of your business" attitude.

Like I said, its some kind of "insider trading" nonsense and most people I think would like to help.

#99 9 years ago

For what it is worth, I think Tron LE is worth every penny of the asking price in this thread.

My initial comment was in response to the asking price being at the level that would have been an instant buy a year ago...I disagree with that observation, I think Tron LE has been around this price level for a good while and we all know asking price is not indicative of the price the machine sells for.

#100 9 years ago

more crazy Tron Pinball owners who never plan to sell.
better get this one while you can...

trent-tron.jpgtrent-tron.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tron-le-9500/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.