beat a dead horse (starwars).jpg
take it.jpg
IMG_0130.JPG
IMG_0129.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG
IMG_0106.JPG
IMG_0096.JPG
IMG_0098.JPG

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

price lowered to $9750...mods - Flynn's sign, the mini-arcade, bigger light cycles, bigger recognizer, a throwing-disc shooting rod, topper, custom flipper bat tops, manuals, Cert of Authen, etc. Beautiful machine. My bottom is $9500. Thxs

IMG_0096.JPGIMG_0096.JPG
IMG_0098.JPGIMG_0098.JPG
IMG_0106.JPGIMG_0106.JPG
IMG_0126.JPGIMG_0126.JPG
IMG_0129.JPGIMG_0129.JPG
IMG_0130.JPGIMG_0130.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Unbelievably sweet pin, TRON is Awesome!

Best of Luck moving your machine, I told PorkChopExpress to get after this!

#3 10 years ago

Where are you located...these is a guy looking to buy one of these

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-tron-le-mn-wi-il-ia-nd-sd

#4 10 years ago

Birmingham, AL 35244

#5 10 years ago

I'd say take the 11k and run.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I'd say take the 11k and run.

I agree.

If you've got 11k on the table, and it's not a "cashier's check" from Rwanda, take it.

take it.jpgtake it.jpg
#7 10 years ago

I agree, if you have an $11k offer - take it now... And I own one (though I would never sell it but if I was looking to sell I would take $11k in a heartbeat). $11k is at the peak price point these reached and I am not sure we will ever see that again.

#8 10 years ago

Is this an Auction?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Is this an Auction?

ha, just doubling back to see if there's any more interest. the guy who offered is a poster here and we're in the payment phase. I hope it works out, but u never know.

#10 10 years ago

Moved to pinball machines for sell sub forum.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

ha, just doubling back to see if there's any more interest. the guy who offered is a poster here and we're in the payment phase. I hope it works out, but u never know.

Not sure why you posted again if you are in the payment phase.. If I was the buyer this was cause concern.

#12 10 years ago

^^^^^^Edit-----Seller never listed this FS before, someone made an offer from his "what are these worth" thread.

Quoted from Chrizg:

If I was the buyer this was cause concern.

How many buyers fall through at the last second, you never know. Id keep it advertised till payment is COMPLETE!

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Not sure why you posted again if you are in the payment phase.. If I was the buyer this was cause concern.

i'm new to this, first pin I've ever sold, but he wanted to paypal 'gift'…and I wanted a wire. that's where it sits today. has anyone accepted paypal 'gifts' for payment? I'm just not familiar with it. thxs and didn't mean to alarm anyone. I have no reason to believe he's not a solid buyer. seems like a great guy.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

i'm new to this, first pin I've ever sold, but he wanted to to paypal 'gift'…and I wanted a wire. that's where it sits today. has anyone accepted paypal 'gifts' for payment? I'm just not familiar with it. thxs and didn't mean to alarm anyone.

Paypal gift is good to go, no fees for you

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

How many buyers fall through at the last second, you never know. Id keep it advertised till payment is COMPLETE!

But a seller should wait and it seems like if he got a higher offer he would say screw the other buyer and take more money...not that it should happen as 11k seems like a good deal for the seller!

#16 10 years ago

Paypal gift no go.

If he disputes with his credit card company, you will lose all your money.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Paypal gift no go.

if it is from a CC...paypal can be linked to a bank account

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

But a seller should wait and it seems like if he got a higher offer he would say screw the other buyer and take more money...not that it should happen as 11k seems like a good deal for the seller!

or he is just lining up backup deals. If the buyer wont agree to his payment terms then there really isnt a deal in place.

Id say give him the benefit of the doubt, to our knowledge he has never sold a pin out from underneath someone. I know no one would do that, right?

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Paypal gift no go.

I wouldn't do Paypal either...

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

This is something we all have different info on, Ive understood it to be a non-disputable transaction.

Would love to get some actual clarification from Paypal on that issue.

Has anyone ever had a Gifted payment taken back from them?

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

or he is just lining up backup deals. If the buyer wont agree to his payment terms then there really isnt a deal in place.
Id say give him the benefit of the doubt, to our knowledge he has never sold a pin out from underneath someone. I know no one would do that, right?

But if that was the case wouldn't his thread started differently? He is looking for offers not a back up 11k buyer

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

This is something we all have different info on, Ive understood it to be a non-disputable transaction.
Would love to get some actual clarification from Paypal on that issue.

Not really sure all I know is that if there is a credit card involved with Paypal… screw that!

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

But if that was the case wouldn't his thread started differently? He is looking for offers not a back up 11k buyer

Or just a similar dollar amount that meets his payment requirements.

Quoted from teekee:

Not really sure all I know is that if there is a credit card involved with Paypal… screw that!

Yeah, I often pay directly with paypal from my bank account, hence no fees on either side of the transaction.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Yeah, I often pay directly with paypal from my bank account, hence no fees on either side of the transaction.

I love Paypal as a buyer. I never hesitate to send money via Paypal but as a seller receiving money especially large amounts… no thanks.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Paypal gift no go.

but i can transfer the $ to my bank account after it hits the paypal account, right? then it's done? or are u saying it's not?

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

but i can transfer the $ to my bank account after it hits the paypal account, right?

Sure you can...

Quoted from 35mm:

then it's done? or are u saying it's not?

Not…

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

i would accept a backup 11K offer

#28 10 years ago

use wire transfer or cash if selling and don't know the guy.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Sure you can...

Not…

buzzkill

#30 10 years ago

You can go for it if you want and chances are good it will be just fine but as the seller you should be aware there is plenty of risk and if the buyer decides to he can make things difficult… personally I wouldn't do it.

#31 10 years ago

As an alternative, you can have the guy send you a personal check.

Then go to the guy's bank and then cash the check.

If you decide to go the deposit route, you can hold the machine until the check clears.

An easy way to verify that the check has cleared is to ask for a digital copy of the cleared check.

When you deposit into your account, place a unique symbol or message on the check. When the digital image is sent to you, verify that your symbol or message is on the check.

Once verified, you can set start the shipping process.

While personal checks are "old school", you can still safely cash them as long as both you and the buyer are willing to work together.

As for Paypal Gift, my understanding is that a gift cannot be disputed. Once sent, he would have to prove that someone other than him sent the gift and that fraud is involved.

In any event, please good luck with your sale! Tron LE is awesome, but $11,000 is even more awesome!

Marcus

#32 10 years ago

I wouldn't use Paypal unless the buyer is someone you know and trust. Any Paypal payment (even gifts payments from a bank account) can be reversed if the buyer has all the necessary documentation. Also, the funds aren't always immediately accessible as a seller. Also, I think Paypal has a $10K limit for regular transactions and I thought gift payments were limited to $500.-i could be wrong on this? I agree with Teekee on this. Paypal is great if you're the buyer, but as a seller I would avoid it at all costs. It's just too easy to get burned...

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Yes.

All the buyer has to do is dispute the charge through their credit card company, not through Paypal.

Paypal with then remove the money from your Paypal or bank account.

If you remove all the money from your bank account so Paypal can't grab it, they send it to a collection agency and ruin your credit.

#34 10 years ago

Have the buyer send a personal check.

Give the check a full 3 weeks to clear. Do not listen to the bank teller who says that "checks clear in 48 hours", they don't.

After the check clears, ship the game.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Any Paypal payment (even gifts payments from a bank account) can be reversed if the buyer has all the necessary documentation.

Quoted from vid1900:

Yes.
All the buyer has to do is dispute the charge through their credit card company, not through Paypal.
Paypal with then remove the money from your Paypal or bank account.
If you remove the money from your bank so Paypal can't grab it, they send it to a collection agency and ruin your credit.

Good to know, Thanks!

So if the buyer is trusted pinsider I would still accept the payment as gift. I suppose then the question becomes what qualifies anyone as a trusted pinsider...

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Give the check a full 3 weeks to clear.

Ive asked my bank, they said 60 days a check can still bounce, just saying...

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So if the buyer is trusted pinsider I would still accept the payment as gift. I suppose then the question becomes what qualifies anyone as a trusted pinsider...

It's too much money to "trust" anyone, Pinsider or not.

Accounts get hacked, emails get phished, people who seem OK lose their minds.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Better wait the full 61 days then.

#39 10 years ago

There is also https://www.escrow.com/ that protects both buyer and seller.

#40 10 years ago

Do the wire transfer if you don't know the Buyer.If he balks, then find another Buyer and let that buyer find another Tron LE .You are selling a nice machine,don't do a transaction that you are not comfortable with.Just because a person posts on Pinside is not a reference enough when it involves that much money.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

i picked a bad day to give up heroin

#42 10 years ago

Take that 11K (wire or cash) and run.

That is a heck of a lot of money for that machine.

#43 10 years ago
#44 10 years ago

Have him fedex $11K in cash. Tell him to make sure it is insured.

#45 10 years ago

I send a check and then I don't sweat the seller until he is satisfied with it clearing. Or I bring a wad of cash. No paypal no CC no wires (so I dont get robbed at the western union) .

If I were you in this case I would have dude send you a cashiers check overnight. Then go deposit check and wait for it to clear. Once it fully clears (week to 10 days for cashiers checks unless issues) ship it to him.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Once it fully clears (week to 10 days for cashiers checks unless issues) ship it to him.

Cashier's checks take the same 3-4 weeks that personal checks do.

Old wives tale that they somehow clear faster (or instantly).

Plenty of counterfeit Cashier's checks out there than bounce around for weeks before coming up bad (and then you get the $29 bounced check fee too).

#47 10 years ago

Cash on the glass. Yes, it reduces your market, but cold hard cash. You count it down to the glass, I count it up, and you drive off with the machine. No paypal, no promises, no nothing. And unless you had at least 3 people lined up to buy it, the ad stays up until the machine goes away. And right after it goes away, email every single person that was asking about it and let them know it is gone. Such a simple set of rules to smooth transactions.

#48 10 years ago

$11k is a shitload for that game as it doesn't look that minty and doesn't have that many expensive mods.

#49 10 years ago

No way in hell I would take $11,000 through paypal. You are asking for trouble.

#50 10 years ago

U don't want to take any single transaction above $9800... Always make it two

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tron-le-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.