(Topic ID: 24677)

FS: Tron LE

By system11

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

If anyone else goes this far in stripping the game for a clean up, I'd strongly recommend taking those ball guides out and chroming them... TRON LE with all it's chrome seriously needs this, and I'm both amazed and dissapointed that Stern didn't do this at the factory... it would give a real boost to an already stunning looking game...

Not 100% necessary to send Stern ball guides out for plating--here's what I do:

Slowly pry the ball guides out with a thin screwdriver using leverage (obviously, lay a cloth down first and then a thin block of wood to pry on).

Then buff the guides on a benchtop buffer using green rouge.

They'll end up looking basically as shiny as chrome IMO (I think they're actually stainless underneath that opaque, milky bonus coating that comes free from Stern ).

If you don't have a benchtop buffer, Mother's Mag & Aluminum polish will work just fine with some elbow grease.

#29 11 years ago

Why oh why do Stern put them out like this...

and the LE versions too...

with chrome as a selling point!!!???

OK, the answer is clear... to save a bit of money... but talk about spoiling the ship for a ha'porth o'tar!

Quite odd, isn't it (when a little elbow grease shines them up like bumpers on a '57 Chevy)?

I mean, what: like 15 minutes extra labor during manufacturing to make them look right?

Sheesh Gary.

Just sayin'.

#32 11 years ago

That's why I feel I'm shying away from modern Sterns... there seems to be a bit too much penny pinching going on and not enough attention to detail...

You're missing out IMO PS.

I've got mainly B/W games, but my TRON LE & ACDC PREM are among my favorite games in my entire lineup.

Sure, cost-cutting measures have been implemented, but the gameplay & overall experience on these two titles is just amazing IMO (makes the B/W stuff seem a little dated; just a little outdated, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing because they are classics...just saying this new Stern stuff is amazing IMO, but to each his own).

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

But QC is not good enough.

I agree the games are fun to play. Would like XM, IM, ACDC etc but the QC and unfinished code is annoying.

Boy I'm a crappy writer evidently--the central point I was trying to convey was: the good outweighs the bad (IMO).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tron-le-1?tu=NM and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.