Tron_El_back_light_project_007.JPG
Tron_El_back_light_project_008.JPG
Tron_El_back_light_project_014.JPG
Tron_El_back_light_project_013.JPG
Tron_El_back_light_project_009.JPG
Tron_El_back_light_project_004.JPG
Tron_El_back_light_project_012.JPG
Tron_El_back_light_project_011.JPG
There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 11 years ago

Ok so I've recieved several PMs over the last couple days requesting the Armor i displayed below. This is a collaboration between PBL, Pinchroma, Drano, ChadNC, and a player to be named later!
Im just the Facitator, the other guys are the smart ones!

-This will be a 3 stage powdercoat
-Laser cut Rails & Hinges
-Lockdown for LE or Pro & Legs
Im working on having the option of chrome inserts behind the Laser or EL Paper on rails(only) that will glow behind the laser cutting
Im still working on pricing but im shooting for a price of 575.00-625.00.
Im gonna start with 10 sets and see if theres any interest? If it seems high remember you will still have your original armor. All of us have worked together to discount every aspect of parts and labor. Im trying to do this to help everyone out and not looking to make anything.

The EL paper will be an up-charge probablly around 95-100 to be determined by the player to be named later. Also Drano doesn't even know hes gonna do this yet. Ha

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Hinges

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 11 years ago

Looks awesome man! I'm in , and I don't even have a Tron yet

#6 11 years ago

Is this the full rails with button guard as well?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Is this the full rails with button guard as well?

Absoloutely.

#8 11 years ago

PayPal sent

#9 11 years ago

Whoa. Let me make sure we can get enough interest. I can only get the cheap price if we can get 10 sets. I think we will, Thanks Buddy.

#10 11 years ago

Can you get some like that for TZ from your supplier?

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Can you get some like that for TZ from your supplier?

Its possible,very possible.Just wanted to see if theres interest in the TRON first.

#12 11 years ago

If you get this going with EL paper, I'm in!!

Stop distracting Alex!! He's doing my Bride armor!!

#13 11 years ago

LOL. Dave your up Wednesday. I have my whole week planned out

I have Chris's bsd Tuesday, you Wednesday, action Thursday then more after that. Haha

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

The paper is a Go! Only on the rails, not the hinges. to much$$

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

The paper is a Go! Only on the rails, not the hinges. to much$$

Thats going to be sweet. And I don't even like Tron.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Thats going to be sweet. And I don't even like Tron.

See you in Dallas. Wish I could bring this with me!

#17 11 years ago

I want a set.

#18 11 years ago

Is there any concern about the EL paper and electrocution? After hearing stories about the 15,000v(?) transformers those things need... it seems kind of scary.

I know the rails are grounded but still. I am mainly asking as this has never been done before, and I wondered about doing this on a Tron, and then wondered what the risk was.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Is there any concern about the EL paper and electrocution? After hearing stories about the 15,000v(?) Transformers those things need... it seems kind of scary.
I know the rails are grounded but still. I am mainly asking as this has never been done before, and I wondered about doing this on a Tron, and then wondered what the risk was.

The player to be named later can chime in on this tomorrow.

#20 11 years ago

Got u down... Looks like 9 sets to start with 3 sets spoken for.

#21 11 years ago

Ya'll rich f----'ers enjoy that... 500 for that versus eli's ramps..I'm holding onto my money with white knuckles. :\

#22 11 years ago

4 sets tentatively spoken for. 5 remain

#23 11 years ago

They will be gone as soon as the other Tron heads see them Chad. I suspect you could make it 20.

#24 11 years ago

It looks like you will not have to hit that refund after all. As Marv Albert would say YESSSSSSSSSSS!

#25 11 years ago

Would be interested in the El Paper provided it's shock free and clean wiring. The color has grown on me and I don't think I will ever have a chance to get a nicer set.

Thanks for putting this together Chad.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

They will be gone as soon as the other Tron heads see them Chad. I suspect you could make it 20.

I figure that as well. Ill see how it goes after this run of 9.

#27 11 years ago

Just to specify, the reason i asked Tron or Tron LE is because they have different lockdown Bars. I'd rather order you the correct bar as opposed to it not fitting and you having to buy a different reciever.

#28 11 years ago

Now imagine this... have the upcoming PIG2 control the EL Paper so it can interact with the game, or pulsate slowly, or however you want to customize it.

#29 11 years ago

Why is the spacing between the "O" so wide as to read TR O N? Iam the only one who is seein g this.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

As Marv Albert would say YESSSSSSSSSSS!

Is that before, during, or after the act of biting a woman's back?

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Why is the spacing between the "O" so wide as to read TR O N? Iam the only one who is seein g this.

Must just be an optical thing because the T and R are made together. Look at the spacing at the bottom of the letters. There spaced evenly.

#32 11 years ago

Must just be an optical thing because the T and R are made together. Look at the spacing at the bottom of the letters. There spaced evenly.

Not an optical illusion! The O is practically touching the R and the N is this shot and many others from the movie.

tron-wording.jpgtron-wording.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Now imagine this... have the upcoming PIG2 control the EL Paper so it can interact with the game, or pulsate slowly, or however you want to customize it.

Tie it into the LE apron flashers, lol.

#34 11 years ago

Not an optical illusion! The O is practically touching the R and the N is this shot and many others from the movie.

Maybe its hard to get it within that distance with the tool being used? It looks proportionate to me. Are you interested in this set? Thanks

#35 11 years ago

Pre-order Sets are now tentatively Sold out. Ill still take names in case someone backs out or fails to paypal. Thanks for making this easy guys. The person doing the EL paper mods for this set should chime in sometime today.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Maybe its hard to get it within that distance with the tool being used? It looks proportionate to me. Are you interested in this set? Thanks

They are laser cut and could be tightened up. I never noticed the spacing until it was pointed out.

#37 11 years ago

Drool.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

They are laser cut and could be tightened up. I never noticed the spacing until it was pointed out.

Ill request that on then new run from PBL

#39 11 years ago

Hope you may think about running some more in the future if all goes well with the first attempt. Looks great!

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

EL paper behind the laser cutting? That's a pretty damn good idea. With the blue EL paper, it would look fantastic. Can run the wires up behind the glass trim to the back of the cab and inside. That would look spectacular.

Speaking of which. You guys try to run EL wire along the sides of the ramps. WHy not run EL paper in different colors under the ramps all the way around? One red, one blue. Could look killer. Similar to the arrows in BBB.

Not that I give a shit, because I don't intend to own Tron. (but like I said, the wife may be allowed to have one someday).

#41 11 years ago

Thanks, theyre should be an update posted with the paper in the next 24 hrs.

#42 11 years ago

Very interested in seeing the EL paper and how it is installed. I own PBL's orange set so I don't need the rails. Will the EP paper if made, be available to purchase individually? Possibly "in" pending how it looks. Nice work on matching the blue coat to finish!

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Very interested in seeing the EL paper and how it is installed. I own PBL's orange set so I don't need the rails. Will the EP paper if made, be available to purchase individually? Possibly "in" pending how it looks. Nice work on matching the blue coat to finish!

It will! PM and ill put you on the list.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Ill request that on then new run from PBL

I already fixed them.

#45 11 years ago

Comparison pics

Tron_Hinge.JPGTron_Hinge.JPG

#46 11 years ago

Looks Better!

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

Comparison pics

See so much better.... now all I need is to buy one of these Tron pinballs. I guess I'll be able to afford it on the sixth run.

#48 11 years ago

The Font looks better Dion. This project has alot of good people involved in it.

#49 11 years ago

See so much better.... now all I need is to buy one of these Tron pinballs. I guess I'll be able to afford it on the sixth run.

I don't know, heavily modded Tron or MM? Lol. Never has a $4,000 machine experienced such love.

#50 11 years ago

Beautiful stuff here fellas........IBTL!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tron-blue-laser-cut-armor-with-mirror-or-el-inserts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.