Forum Topic

Forum » All Pinball » Update: SOLD! Transformers Decepticon LE #84/125-W/JJP Invisiglass & w/topper

Update: SOLD! Transformers Decepticon LE #84/125-W/JJP Invisiglass & w/topper

2
Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders. Click the star to add it to your favorites.

By BackFlipper

3 years ago


Stats

  • Started 3 years ago
  • 101 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ctozzi

Find posts in this topic

Show only posts in this topic that match certain words or are written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!



There are 101 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 3 years ago

Update: I am going to get these other games today regardless, but I still have a space issue. Price is reduced to $20,000 Firm. That is like $19800 for the game plus the topper. You could play the game for 6 months and probably make a profit at this price. Oh yeah, and I have a sheet of JJP Logo Invisiglass on the game that's included too (that's another $300). I have had about 6 people interested that want to ship. I would prefer that someone come and see the game and pick it up. I will extend the offer until the end of the week. No wrinkles on the decals. Again, the game is perfect and you can use NAVL if you want to ship it, but I must get the money first.

lol, I changed the prices to protect future sellers of this game.

First one to pay owns it!

I am selling my TF Decepticon LE #84 today at a HUGE discount even though it is only one month old because I need the cash and space to add a BIBLE and an AFM tomorrow. This TF has only 100 plays on it. It is perfect. I forgot my camera at home so sorry, I do not have photos. It is just as it came out of the box. You have to be able to pay for it in cash and pick it up this week or it will be off the market and I will keep it because my window on one of the other two titles will close. It includes the very cool Laseriffic LED lighted topper that is half red and half purple. I am in Batavia, Illinois, a western suburb of Chicago. You can PM me or call my cell with any questions. Jim Tracy at 630-373-4875.

As a side note #84 was selected because 1984 was the first year of the Transformers TV series.

Good luck!


#2 3 years ago

Shazaam! This is happening a lot. Good luck with the sale


#3 3 years ago
rommy said:

Shazaam! This is happening a lot. Good luck with the sale

Fire sale on these.


#4 3 years ago

Yes, and I cannot wait to see the same thing happen to AC/DC LE's (flame suit on)...

Good luck with your sale, Jim.


#5 3 years ago

Scott's old game up for sale again


#6 3 years ago
EEE said:

Yes, and I cannot wait to see the same thing happen to AC/DC LE's (flame suit on)...

I wish i like AC/DC but I just cant get into that pin so I wont have this prob. I think it is a great pin if your a fan of them. If they re themed it to Metallica I would get one.


#7 3 years ago

Wow. That's a deal and good price -- at least for now. I'm guessing we haven't seen the price floor yet on TF's (and in particular LE's). More due to perception than reality of value, but... it is perceived value that drives market price.

Good luck with your sale. I understand the motivation to sell at a discount/loss based on the games you want to have in its place.


#8 3 years ago

I would have just traded you my Tom and some $$. I have no room now. Lmk when the Tom arrives.


#9 3 years ago
ctozzi said:

I would have just traded you my Tom and some $$. I have no room now. Lmk when the Tom arrives.

This wasn't even a thought until the last 12 hours. The worst part of the hobby is when you run out of room (or cash) and, at that moment, the game you have wanted for a year suddenly becomes available.

AkumaZeto said:

Scott's old game up for sale again

Yes, I got it from Scott. He just delivered it 4 weeks ago. He saw it Wednesday when he brought me an IM. Too many impulse decisions in the last month for me. I need to slow down.


#10 3 years ago
BackFlipper said:

Too many impulse decisions in the last month for me. I need to slow down.

hehe, I know the feeling. Fortunately (or not) the supply of pins has dried up here and work keeps me too busy to really hunt for them anyway. Good luck with the sale. Excellent price. I don't think the bottom will by much farther on TFLE's, especially once the NIBs are sold because it really is a pretty good pin.


#11 3 years ago

He's selling the game because he is in a jam. People will now think that is what the game is worth because someone had to move it out at that price. That isn't the case.


#12 3 years ago
jackal2001 said:

He's selling the game because he is in a jam. People will now think that is what the game is worth because someone had to move it out at that price. That isn't the case.

I don't think selling it to buy another pin constitutes being "in a jam". Now if he had to sell it to make his mortgage payment it'd be another story.


#13 3 years ago
GoneFishinLvMsg said:

jackal2001 said:He's selling the game because he is in a jam. People will now think that is what the game is worth because someone had to move it out at that price. That isn't the case.

I don't think selling it to buy another pin constitutes being "in a jam". Now if he had to sell it to make his mortgage payment it'd be another story.

Losing a deal on a pin because you need to make more room and have to move one out is "being in a jam". No one pays their mortgage these days anyway. Didn't you see this thread over at RGP? http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/8f95a8095740fd08#


#14 3 years ago

Everyone has different jams that's for sure.


#15 3 years ago
jackal2001 said:

People will now think that is what the game is worth because someone had to move it out at that price. That isn't the case.

That is two in less than a week.


#16 3 years ago
rommy said:

jackal2001 said:People will now think that is what the game is worth because someone had to move it out at that price. That isn't the case.
That is two in less than a week.

Doesn't mean squat.
Last person I know to sell a HUO Spider Man Black let it go for $6K. Does that mean they are all worth that?


#17 3 years ago
jackal2001 said:

Doesn't mean squat.
Last person I know to sell a HUO Spider Man Black let it go for $6K. Does that mean they are all worth that?

Lets see how fast it sells first, that will give some indicator here as well. If its still for sale at this price tomorrow, then $4900 may not be the bottom on these yet, since its not sending people scurrying after it.


#18 3 years ago

A glimpse into the future of the tulip pinball mania craze.........


#19 3 years ago
jackal2001 said:

He's selling the game because he is in a jam. People will now think that is what the game is worth because someone had to move it out at that price. That isn't the case.

No worries.

I'll give you $4400.00 for yours.


#20 3 years ago
RobT said:

jackal2001 said:He's selling the game because he is in a jam. People will now think that is what the game is worth because someone had to move it out at that price. That isn't the case.
No worries.
I'll give you $4400.00 for yours.

Pfft... Not going to happen. Maybe $5700 would be my bottom dollar with the add-ons.


#21 3 years ago

This is a steal..


#22 3 years ago
jackal2001 said:

GoneFishinLvMsg said:jackal2001 said:He's selling the game because he is in a jam. People will now think that is what the game is worth because someone had to move it out at that price. That isn't the case.
I don't think selling it to buy another pin constitutes being "in a jam". Now if he had to sell it to make his mortgage payment it'd be another story.

I think the point is that if these people are willing to sell their TF LE's at a loss in order to buy other pins, what does it say about TF LE?

I'm just playing devils advocate. I have no opinion myself one way or the other since I've never even played one, I'm just saying that this is how it can be interpreted.


#23 3 years ago

I think there will be a continued downward press on the price of TF. It is sandwiched between games that were much better received (Tron and AC/DC) and Stern has (what we all believe) to be a major comic pin coming out and Stern is, presumably, continuing to improve the quality of their product.

All of that said, $4,900 with the topper is an awesome price for an LE machine (and the Decepticon machine is by far the best looking of all the TF's in my opinion). I'd buy it at that price (even though I've never been able to play the game) if it were in Houston or New Orleans.

Someone near him should snap this offer up pretty quick as it won't be there long.


#24 3 years ago

Someone is going to be very happy. I played it and liked it. And I have one on order. I think there is one more update due as well. When they all sell out and people stop worrying about what was promised they will once again get appreciated.


#25 3 years ago

Great deal! Good luck with sale. I was trying to convince my friend who is selling his Black spiderman to take your machine, but he want's a NIB! Bah!


#26 3 years ago
Hwawonyu said:

When they all sell out and people stop worrying about what was promised they will once again get appreciated.

I think that is true to a large extent . . . most of the issues with this game seem to be that the promises were not met so those that pre-ordered were not happy.

I wish this game was on rout somewhere near me as I'd like to play it . . . it is priced much better than TRON LE and AC/DC LE . . .


#27 3 years ago

I would buy this had I not already made a deal this week. Someone is going to luck out! Excellent price for an excellent pin!


#28 3 years ago

If you get it to Michigan, I'll take it.

I've got games you can play while here, too: http://i.imgur.com/cyCng.jpg

Unfortunately, I have visitors that I need to be home for tonight and tomorrow. Otherwise, I'd drive to Illinois.

Pete


#29 3 years ago

I was lucky enough to get to play a brand new one over christmas break at Breckenridge and it was sandwiched in between an SM and a LOTR LE....

It's a beauty of a machine just doesn't flow well imho....I played a ton of SM there and came back home in search of a nice one!

It you don't like the game it doesn't really matter what it costs...if you do like it then maybe it's a steal or maybe it's like catching a falling knife....


#30 3 years ago

I still think combos are worth more, the superior edition ;). At 4900 though I would buy this today if I didnt already have a TFLE. Great game and first stern that I might actually keep.


#31 3 years ago
turbo20lbs said:

I still think combos are worth more, the superior edition ;).

I think the combos NIB are selling for about 1k less than the Dec or Auto versions. One of the retailors on this site said something along those lines last week in a thread. I guess the feeling is the combo looks "crowded"? Or perhaps it is just that there were more of the combos made. Who knows.


#32 3 years ago

now people are getting upset because someone is selling too cheap? you just can't please everybody, i guess.


#33 3 years ago

Come on Dave. You're collection is begging for a Stern


#34 3 years ago
davewtf said:

now people are getting upset because someone is selling too cheap? you just can't please everybody, i guess.

Haha! Just shows the self serving nature of the price police. If they don't own something they want it to be cheap cheap cheap (so maybe they can snag it later) . . . if they do own it they want it to be expensive expensive expensive (to either justify what they paid for it in their own mind or to increase the value of an investment).

People will always vote their self interest . . . be those political, business, or pinball. LOL


#35 3 years ago
davewtf said:

now people are getting upset because someone is selling too cheap? you just can't please everybody, i guess.

Of course you realize that is nothing new!?


#36 3 years ago
davewtf said:

now people are getting upset because someone is selling too cheap? you just can't please everybody, i guess.

If you own the game and the price is down, you are unhappy. If you own the game and the price is high, you hope it sells, and then you will be happy.

Look, I am really not that desperate. I can pay the mortgage. I just ran out of room and thought I would give someone a great deal. I have 3 games coming tomorrow and a TOM coming early next week. I have room for only two games with 4 coming and I promised my wife my games would not overflow into other rooms in the house. They are about to after 11AM tomorrow.

The Bible says "It is better that a man should sleep on the roof of his house than inside with a cackling woman." I was just trying to buy my way out of a little pain and not have to sleep on the roof (although it is a pretty nice roof).

If anyone wants the game, it is still available.

Jim


#37 3 years ago

Jim is an great guy, doesn't need the money. Outstanding price.


#38 3 years ago

This pin is awsome at this price wish you were in california it would be gone. Game plays fast and I thought it had a nice flow. I think stern gets a bad rap. Easy to work on. As with most the only knock I see is all the different version at a huge mark up. Good luck on your sale.


#39 3 years ago
TigerLaw said:

Or perhaps it is just that there were more of the combos made. Who knows.

Production numbers were pretty clear when they were released (and all of them say x of xxx)

500 combos
125 of each Dec/Aut versions

I saw the writing on the wall after one month with my TF-LE and was very happy I got a good price for mine when I did.


#40 3 years ago

TF le is fantastic, people keep selling these and I have no clue why. Mine aint leaving anytime soon


#41 3 years ago

When the dust settles i believe the prices will climb back. But in the mean while i bought mine to play and have no intentions on selling it. I think a lot of guys bought on speculation and when the Tf didn't take off in price many starting dumping.


#42 3 years ago

If I didnt have one id be all over this. Should have no trouble selling at his 15-17% discount.


#43 3 years ago

I have been quite critical on TFLE software in the past; but after playing tron I guess I should be happy where TF stands. Dont get me wrong, tron was very fun but its software seemed to lack more than TFs, and whats up with the empty pf of inserts. Is it me or does tron feel like their should be more inserts to help drive the game?

I also think a lot of the gameplay depends on what a player wants in a game. Tron ACDC and TFLE are all so different and all very cool games. Tron and ACDC have smoother ramps but TFLE blows ACDCs outer loops shots out of the water, and OPs inner orbit shot just barely nudges past quorras inner loop shot. Quarroa has the upper left flipper shot Assisting its fun factor but id much rather hit OPs inner orbit followed by a outter orbit - SS ramp - or inner loop combination. TFLE also has tremendous flow, every shot in the game ends up back at the flippers; and don't get me started on its modes, everyone thinks they're all the same but in reality there are times where your making combo after combo then the next thing you know you gotta trap the ball, gain control, and make technical shots. And other modes are a combination of combos + technical.

Oh and the sounds and music transitions in TF are amazing and very dramtic, really gets the adrenalin flowing. TFLE may just be the next SM, under appreciated at first then when the dust settles, itll land itself in its rightful place.

Good luck on the sale, someone's gonna score.


#44 3 years ago
TigerLaw said:

I think there will be a continued downward press on the price of TF. It is sandwiched between games that were much better received (Tron and AC/DC) and Stern has (what we all believe) to be a major comic pin coming out and Stern is, presumably, continuing to improve the quality of their product.

That's what people say, but I could never get into Tron. I've tried on more than one occasion, I've tried the LE, I've tried the Pro. Maybe it's the theme or music or ramp lighting that is the real attraction?


TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#46 3 years ago
AkumaZeto said:

This topic is just what the OP wanted i bet. A train wreck of nothing to do with his game for sale.

He gets a lot of free bumps from it at least and it's constantly at the top of the list


#47 3 years ago

TFLE may just be the next SM

Eddie Please!!!

For OP I hope it sells for you quickly. I'm local, itching for a new pin, today is Bday and thinking how should I treat myself. But I stop myself. I was almost in on a NIB TFLE but backed away after playing it some. Interesting pin but left me disappointed with a theme I love. I grew up on TF so I so wanted it just for the hell of it. But, Xmen or Avengers and WOZ leave me with "just a little patience".

If you fire sale it some more send me a PM (I don't think you should mind you). Good luck on the sale.

BTW...is there something in the water in IL. Coaster, Tatman, now you..... wow games are a flipping. I want in but don't want to sell anything but my TZ. Fun to watch though.

whoframedrogerrabbit.jpgwhoframedrogerrabbit.jpg


#48 3 years ago

Why are people surprised that a game is selling for less than what it sold for new? Am I the only one that thinks this is the norm, and that TRON LE was the exception?

Look at Avatar LE, TRS LE, and just about ever other stern besides TRON LE over the past several years. The difference is that you have to compare old games to todays pinflation prices, so while older titles may have gone up, the inflated NIB games are going to do down once opened. If you're buying a NIB AC/DC and expecting to cash in, you are more than likely in for a surprise when you go to sell it IMO. It's not an investment, so I don't care and will continue to buy whichever games I like and not worry about it.

I think this pin is priced where it should be priced for an opened HUO pin. AC/DC premiums will be priced like this in a year, mark my words...


#49 3 years ago

Whoever buys this don't even play it with the shit speakers. Replace that sub ASAP. I can't believe stern is still using that shitty speaker in the cab with what sounds like no crossover and is full range.


#50 3 years ago
Eskaybee said:

I have been quite critical on TFLE software in the past; but after playing tron I guess I should be happy where TF stands. Dont get me wrong, tron was very fun but its software seemed to lack more than TFs, and whats up with the empty pf of inserts. Is it me or does tron feel like their should be more inserts to help drive the game?
I also think a lot of the gameplay depends on what a player wants in a game. Tron ACDC and TFLE are all so different and all very cool games. Tron and ACDC have smoother ramps but TFLE blows ACDCs outer loops shots out of the water, and OPs inner orbit shot just barely nudges past quorras inner loop shot. Quarroa has the upper left flipper shot Assisting its fun factor but id much rather hit OPs inner orbit followed by a outter orbit - SS ramp - or inner loop combination. TFLE also has tremendous flow, every shot in the game ends up back at the flippers; and don't get me started on its modes, everyone thinks they're all the same but in reality there are times where your making combo after combo then the next thing you know you gotta trap the ball, gain control, and make technical shots. And other modes are a combination of combos + technical.
Oh and the sounds and music transitions in TF are amazing and very dramtic, really gets the adrenalin flowing. TFLE may just be the next SM, under appreciated at first then when the dust settles, itll land itself in its rightful place.
Good luck on the sale, someone's gonna score.

I sure wish I knew someone who had a TF LE so I could play it and see for myself.



There are 101 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.