(Topic ID: 113607)

FS: Theatre of Magic in lower Michigan....

By Dayhuff

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Dayhuff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0060.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_0013-236.JPG
IMG_0132.JPG
IMG_0130.JPG
IMG_0129.JPG
IMG_0128.JPG
IMG_0127.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG

#1 5 years ago

Selling a nice TOM that I got in a bulk deal along with some other games and I don't need two of them. I've put some time into this game and have fixed all that I can at this point but there is still a few things that need to be done to it or issues that I see with it.

Bad:

The trunk acts a little "confused" at times, not always but sometimes. From what I can tell it needs a new opto interrupter which can be bought for about $30 and there made out of aluminum instead of the cheap plastic kind that's one it now and is cracked at the set screw which can cause it to not always stop on a dime...

The center ramp is broken/cracked at the entrance (very common) and there available last I knew. Someone put a piece of metal in place to help stiffen it up. It works fine but someone will probably want to replace it at some point.

The spirit ring around the magnet is beat up, looks like someone tried to pry it off the magnet itself with a screw driver and chipped it in several spots. My keeper game has the same thing so maybe its from the ball flying through the air and hitting it?....I'm not sure. But again it's like the center ramp and works fine.

Trap door is loose, not sure what can be done for this since I didn't take it apart but just wanted to point it out. It too works fine.

Now for the good:

Over all the game looks good and works 100% with the exception of the trunk issue and remember that's only at times and can be easily fixed I'm pretty sure with the opto interrupter. The game has LED's throughout, including the GI in both the back box and playfield as well as the feature lamps. Some of the LED's are color changing too. There are I'm guessing eight or so regular bulbs in the game that someone didn't replace with LED's. I just installed a brand new trunk, then played about 20 games and the ball broke a small piece out of it....GRRRR !! Never the less though, it is new and still looks good for the most part. New white flippers installed. Saw blade mod installed that has the writing on the blade and looks very cool compared to the older style. It has a new PinLed board installed for the DMD which couldn't have been cheap. The DMD looks great with no issues. It has a remote battery harness installed off the CPU board and even has the wooden dowels in place for making changing of the batteries easy when it needs to be done next. The boards look clean and I didn't see any hacks at all. New cards installed in the trough cover. Black leg protectors installed. New coin door just installed and I have all the keys for it, along with the manual and cash box.

Price wise I'm asking $5500 as a starting point. With a little bit of more time spent on it this would make a great game for someone. It plays ok now but just have a few issues as stated above. If you want to see pictures send me your real email address and I'll send them to you directly since a lot of times I have problems getting pictures to load up here on Pinside...not sure why but it just doesn't always work well. Not looking for trades, just a straight up sale. As stated above I got this in a bulk deal of games (others are not ready to be sold yet so don't get excited) and I just don't need two of these games.

Thanks,
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#2 5 years ago

Sunday night bump. I've had some low ball interest and I do mean LOW ball but its still up for grabs. Open to offers or inspection. Here's a few pics to check out.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

IMG_0126.JPG IMG_0127.JPG IMG_0128.JPG
#3 5 years ago

Some more pics. If you want to see more, just let me know.
Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

IMG_0129.JPG IMG_0130.JPG IMG_0132.JPG
1 week later
#4 5 years ago

Price dropped to $5200 obo. Turned away an email for $4500 so lets not go there again.

Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Price dropped to $5200 obo. Turned away an email for $4500 so lets not go there again.

Is 4500 really an out of line offer for a TOM with some issues?

#6 5 years ago

No, one recently sold locally for 4600, so not out of line.

#7 5 years ago

Honestly, like Whysnow said, $4,500 sounds spot on.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is 4500 really an out of line offer for a TOM with some issues?

Not really sure as I see them all over the map on pricing. Just trying to get all I can of course. If I get the time I'll wheel it back into the shop and fix the two main issues which is like a $30 fix. The ramp is a cosmetic thing so thats up to the buyer. Just got too many games and other projects going on here to worry about the TOM at this point. Thanks for asking though.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

No, one recently sold locally for 4600, so not out of line.

And one just sold locally here for like $6400, so take it for what its worth.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#10 5 years ago

Honestly John IMHO just fix the problems and then you will likely have it sold in short order. Seems silly for someone with your knowledge and ability to not just fix these few small issues which are a $30 fix if you really want to get it sold for top dollar.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Honestly John IMHO just fix the problems and then you will likely have it sold in short order. Seems silly for someone with your knowledge and ability to not just fix these few small issues which are a $30 fix if you really want to get it sold for top dollar.

Yup I hear ya Hilton and believe me I'd love too but its a time thing right now but more then likely thats what will probably have to happen if it sits here long enough, which I'm not opposed too doing but I'm just trying to move it in the mean time.....while many other games are coming and going here and of course that stupid thing called a real job keeps interfering all the time too.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#12 5 years ago

side note >> find me a cheap transporter some time please/ I am casually looking and figure you probably know of 3 right now

#13 5 years ago

I've come across alot of Transporter stuff over the years. I think I've owned 3-4 actual games and just about a year ago I found a completely populated playfield but the harness had been cut at the neck area but everything else was there. Also had a head without the boards that sold quickly at Expo but the playfield didn't sell until the Ohio show last year to some guy that wanted to use it for a coffee table project. I didn't like the idea but what are ya gonna do?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

but the harness had been cut at the neck

Whoever did that should get the same treatment.

GLW TOM Sale!

#15 5 years ago

Yeah I agree, it wasn't the smartest thing to do but atleast the playfield existed.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

IMG_0013-236.JPG IMG_0015.JPG IMG_0060.JPG
#16 5 years ago

John if I had the money I'd have it in my basement by now. This is the game that got me hooked when I was younger. Definitely my number 1 grail pin. Good luck with the sale.

#17 5 years ago

We'll hey Robert like I said in the other thread I do have a payment plan.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#18 5 years ago

Payment plan huh?? I missed the details of that. I really wish I could, but my money needs to go to a new engine for my Cherokee. Aka(Pin Hauler)

Thanks anyways John GLWTS

#19 5 years ago

New Aluminum opto interrupter has been ordered and is on its way. $40 shipped.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#20 5 years ago

moving to market place forum

#21 5 years ago

john tell me more about your payment plan, I am interested in your TOM, pm me
thanks

#22 5 years ago

John, What's your telephone number?....

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Gorf:

John, What's your telephone number?....

Just for you Gorf 269-979-3836 and a free bump for me.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

1 week later
#24 5 years ago

Ok here's the latest. I finally found time to install the opto interrupter on the trunk assembly and it works great. Also did a few other minor fixes as well as placed a order into Marco for a new center ramp, new trap door flap, and two new white oblong targets that sit in the front of the ramp entrance. So the game is on hold until that stuff comes in.
Thanks for the interest.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Ok here's the latest. I finally found time to install the opto interrupter on the trunk assembly and it works great. Also did a few other minor fixes as well as placed a order into Marco for a new center ramp, new trap door flap, and two new white oblong targets that sit in the front of the ramp entrance. So the game is on hold until that stuff comes in.Thanks for the interest.John P. DayhuffBattle Creek, Mi.269-979-3836

very nice, glws. great game.

#26 5 years ago

Putting in a good word for this TOM,seen it the other night looks super nice definitely worth the asking price.
John is a great seller Deal with confidence !

#27 5 years ago

$5200.00 for a TOM....seems like a great deal to me! It will be sold soon for sure.

#28 5 years ago

The parts from Marco showed up today, now it's a matter of finding the time to install all of them. Unless someone wants it for the $5200+ the actual cost of the parts and you can do it yourself? Just throwing that out there.
Thanks

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#29 5 years ago

I'd rather play Transporter than ToM, but someone will snatch it up soon! Bump for the closest anyone will get to Magic Girl in 2015

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

The parts from Marco showed up today, now it's a matter of finding the time to install all of them. Unless someone wants it for the $5200+ the actual cost of the parts and you can do it yourself? Just throwing that out there.
Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Do you have a way I can reach you by phone? I'm interested.

#31 5 years ago

I seen this game while at Johns yesterday and it is in very nice shape. He was replacing the broken ramp and the trap door so I don't know how it plays but the pf and the cab look really nice. The real blade tiger saw mod was really cool. Someone will be happy with this one.

#32 5 years ago

Hey everyone,
We'll after putting some more new parts and time into this game its back up on the market. Here's for the most part of whats now been put into this game as well as the extra mod stuff.

New trunk
New middle ramp and decals
New white targets
New rubber rings
New aluminum opto interrupter
New trap door flap and decal
New trap door springs
New white flippers
New flipper cranks and EOS switches
New coin door
New Playfield glass
New Pinled board that runs the DMD
New battery dowels, and battery's mounted off the board
New trunk and spirit ring stickers
New shooter rod sleeve
New balls
Tiger saw mod with carbide tip
many many LED's and some color changing as well, these were in the game when I got it...
Leg protectors

Price wise after all this I'm back up to the $5500 price. The game is a reimport but a nice one for sure. If you have serious interest in this game at the new price I can take new pictures and send them out upon request if you give me your direct email address. Still not looking to ship this game but might possibly trade for a CV plus or minus cash of course.
Thanks for looking.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#33 5 years ago

Wish I was closer, are you sure you are not willing to ship?

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Gorf:

Do you have a way I can reach you by phone? I'm interested.

#35 5 years ago

I love a good playing example of this game. The presentation is great. "This ball is full of magic!"

GLWTS!

#36 5 years ago

I can get it to the Ohio show thats coming up or even to Chicago area next weekend on the 8th if that helps anyone?

Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#37 5 years ago

Any PF wear through? I noticed the photos here are in a dark room. Have any in a lit up room handy?

TX

#38 5 years ago

Playfield looks nice as expected. If you want more pics I can send about 50 pictures of the game all the way around if you give me your direct email.
Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside