• 30 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by hollywood
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hey Guys,

I just picked up The Shadow recently. I couldn't find what I really wanted at the time and I always knew that I wanted a Shadow at some time, but I'm just not really connecting with it. And it is definitely not connecting with the family. If they're not interested, neither am I as I really enjoy pinball as a family activity in addition to an activity with friends.

I would trade up for SM or Avengers LE or Pro, XM pro, or down for WCS.

I posted a full description on Craigslist.

detroit.craigslist.org link

And I have pics here:

http://theshadowpinball.shutterfly.com/pictures

I prefer to sell locally if possible. I've never shipped and the first person to ever come look at any of the handful of games that I've ever sold has bought it.

Thanks.

#2 10 years ago

Great game, but if it's not for you then it's not for you. Definitely a good price, hope it finds a home that will enjoy it!

#3 10 years ago

Agreed. Awesome game. Very deep, but can be a challenge. Great price! GLWS.

#4 10 years ago

Bump and revised post with trade possibilities. Also, price reduced.- $2350

#5 10 years ago

wow..very nice price for a great and challenging game im surprised no ones grabbed this machine yet

#6 10 years ago

Great seller. Someone ought to buy this, and quick!!!

#8 10 years ago

I'm shocked no one has snatched it up for that price already! I wouldn't part with mine for double that (though mine is a proto and I'm very attached to it). GLWS

#9 10 years ago

Any chance of getting this game to MN? I'd be interested in the game, just not in the drive to Canton!

#10 10 years ago

Thanks a lot, guys. I really appreciate the compliments and vote of confidence. Like I said, it isn't perfect cosmetically (but it's still pretty good), but it is solid and works completely and I am pretty certain that I have it priced cheaper than anybody else.

When I priced my TRS and $3750, nobody mentioned it being a great price and yet it sold immediately. With this Shadow, I've had some of those comments. It really does have to be a good price on here for people to go out of their way to mention it as such, I find.

#11 10 years ago

Wish I had the cash on hand! A great price for one of my favorite games and it's right in my backyard. Want to trade for a '98 Sable?

#12 10 years ago

Heading on over to maybe add one to the collection.

#13 10 years ago

The Shadow has moved on. Thank you to those who expressed interest and the well-wishers.

#14 10 years ago

Congrats. I wanted this and didn't even get a reply! Must have been swamped with interested people.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Leeps:

Congrats. I wanted this and didn't even get a reply! Must have been swamped with interested people.

There were two on CL in the last week. One at 2500 and one at 3500. $2500 one is now gone.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Leeps:

I am terribly sorry, Leeds. The truth is that I was swamped and you just can't turn down an easy, local deal. I was hoping that the declaration of "sold" would be ample communication. Sorry again.

If anyone has a lead on a local Avengers or SM pro, that would be awesome. There is a local Hulk. $6000 is a whole heck of a lot for a pinball machine. It may very well be worth it, but I just don't think I would be able to live with myself with a $6000 machine. Paranoia would run rampant in my mind. There is a local Avengers for sale on Detroit CL, but he wants NIB price- no thanks. I'm really going to try to stay focused this time. My son loves the superheroes and I love playing pinball with him. That makes it all pretty self-evident to me.

Thanks again. I sincerely appreciate it. Being without a machine is no good, but I do it to myself.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from TurnOne:

There were two on CL in the last week. One at 2500 and one at 3500. $2500 one is now gone.

$3500 was overly tough to sell last year when this title was going astronomical. Sellers seem to like haggling just as much as buyers these days.

#18 10 years ago

Congrats on the sale. No need to apologize. Good price, good game. Not surprised it went so fast.

#19 10 years ago

The guy who bought the game today emailed me that his truck got totaled with the game in it a few hours ago.

Does not sound good.

#20 10 years ago

Ouch Vid hope all are ok. People wise anyways. Machines are easier to rebuild than people.

#21 10 years ago

Omg. Nightmare scenario.

#22 10 years ago

I'm terribly sorry to hear this. I spoke with the new owner several hours after the purchase too. I hope that he is okay.

#23 10 years ago

Pictures?

#24 10 years ago

I'm not sure if he got any pictures.

He said that the truck got towed away on a flatbed, and he got towed away in an ambulance.

#25 10 years ago

Horrible news. I hope he doesn't have any serious injuries...

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

and he got towed away in an ambulance.

That's horrible.
I hope he's okay.

#27 10 years ago

A couple of you guys asked if I heard anything more; not yet.

The owner wanted me to go retrieve the game from the salvage yard "at any cost" before the junk yard guys stole it from the back of the truck.

I was working on the East Coast, so I could be of no assistance.

I'm not even sure the salvage yard would let me take anything from a vehicle I don't own.

I'll keep everyone posted when I hear something.

#28 10 years ago

Dang... Thats insane!

#29 10 years ago

Sad to hear this news.. Hopefully he's okay..

#30 10 years ago

Vid1900: Any news yet? I feel terrible!! I almost pulled the trigger on this pin! I could have potentially avoided his dilemma! I sure hope he is alright??!!
Keep us posted!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-the-shadow-located-in-the-suburban-detroit-2400 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.