Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1034_(Large).JPG
IMG_1029_(Large).JPG
IMG_1033_(Large).JPG
IMG_1044_(Large).JPG
IMG_1009_(Large).JPG
#1 12 years ago

This is a really clean Shadow. Plays 100 percent with no errors etc.

New Parts Installed

NOS Left Ramp
NOS Right Ramp
Mini Playfield Kicker Plastic
3 Gold Flipper Bats
Clear Ramp Ball Jump Plastics
Full left and right Flipper rebuilds
Partially rebuilt upper right flipper
Full GI LEDs from Cointaker and Pinballlife (some are ghostbusters)
Head Decal kit, (not installed yet)
Misc othe parts I can't think of right now

Issues
Missing 1 Ring, and 2 Phurba Knives
Has Sanctum wear but repaired and looks clean

Youtube

Photobucket
http://s818.photobucket.com/albums/zz104/eabundy/Shadow/

IMG_1009_(Large).JPGIMG_1009_(Large).JPG IMG_1044_(Large).JPGIMG_1044_(Large).JPG IMG_1033_(Large).JPGIMG_1033_(Large).JPG IMG_1029_(Large).JPGIMG_1029_(Large).JPG IMG_1034_(Large).JPGIMG_1034_(Large).JPG

#2 12 years ago

great looking game, who needs phurbas anyways? best of luck with the sale!

#3 12 years ago

Look's Good Doc,, Good Luck w/ Yr Sale !!!

#4 12 years ago

are those knives and ring replacable?

Edit: mostly a curiosity question, Just saw you're in CT. that would cost me a fortune to ship!

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

are those knives and ring replacable?
Edit: mostly a curiosity question, Just saw you're in CT. that would cost me a fortune to ship!

They are actually very hard to find....

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

They are actually very hard to find....

They are literally the hardest parts on that pin to find. They are NLA for the most part.

#7 12 years ago

Also probably the reason they are missing, as someone pulled them off and sold them :/

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Also probably the reason they are missing, as someone pulled them off and sold them :/

Somebody repro them already!

To be honest, it will cost a couple hundered minimum to replace those missing parts correctly.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from CVTSTZ:

Somebody repro them already!

+1 It amazes me that this part has never been reproduced.

#10 12 years ago

totally agree all the parts for these dang Divertors should be reproduced. I have 2 new metal ramps for left and right, and they look great.

#11 12 years ago

Great looking machine. Where are the parts located on playfield? Not familar with this machine.

#12 12 years ago

In all fairness to the seller, the knives are decorative only and don't impact game play in any way if they are missing.

The ring is a little more important since lighting the rings is a strategy for gameplay/scoring. Machine will still work/play fine, but you won't have the visual indicator that you have hit that ramp. (rings flash constantly during gameplay, turn solid when you hit the ramp). Minor issue that should be disclosed is the ring lights aren't working either...

Anyway, TS is a great machine and this looks like a nice one. You've heard it before, but it is a great bang for the buck. Good luck on the sale.

#13 12 years ago

"Issues
Missing 1 Ring, and 2 Phurba Knives"

Looks to be missing both rings on the left, don't see them in your pics or video either...

I love mine, great game for sure. Very challenging.

It's also missing one of the mongol figures to the left of the left diverter...

#14 12 years ago

Very good Eye tom. I have one ring being shipped from GAP (Great American Pinball). Once that arrives it will be one Ring Short. I'm sure GAP could confirm on here that it's in the mail.

#15 12 years ago

Also by the way shadows are routinely selling for over 2,500 now (complete). Hence the lower price with the knives and one ring missing.

I have someone coming tonight to check it out.

#16 12 years ago

Yep not ragging on your sale at all It looks great and has alot of new parts...it seems to be pretty popular lately, shouldn't be a hard sell. I had to drive about 6hrs one way to get mine

#17 12 years ago

Sold pending pickup tomorrow night.

#18 12 years ago

Great pin on the way up in price IMHO

#19 12 years ago

Sure is .. I see 1 in Alot of PinHead Collection's...

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Also by the way shadows are routinely selling for over 2,500 now (complete). Hence the lower price with the knives and one ring missing.

You guys are nuts, if by routinely, you mean Ebay, you would probably still be wrong. Very nice, complete Shadows are going for under 2k. If you are paying over 2k, you are paying too much. There has been a complete Shadow sitting in Milwaukee at $1700 for MONTHS. If you sold yours for $2200, more power to you, but as a buyer, I would never pay more then $1700-$1800 for a VERY NICE complete example.

#21 12 years ago

My buddy just sold a very clean and shopped one right at 2k not that long ago. He has a nicer one that would probably hit 2200. I do not see shadow going much higher than that in the current market, but if pins do continue trending upward it is possible.

My problem with the op's sale is that he is missing things. For 2200 it should be flawless and complete. The head decals should be installed as well. Doing those right is quite a bit of work. As it sits it is most like 1800ish as the next guy needs to track down the missing parts (good luck finding phurbas and rings). the cost of those parts will put it over 2k.

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from CVTSTZ:

eabundy said:Also by the way shadows are routinely selling for over 2,500 now (complete). Hence the lower price with the knives and one ring missing.
You guys are nuts, if by routinely, you mean Ebay, you would probably still be wrong. Very nice, complete Shadows are going for under 2k. If you are paying over 2k, you are paying too much. There has been a complete Shadow sitting in Milwaukee at $1700 for MONTHS. If you sold yours for $2200, more power to you, but as a buyer, I would never pay more then $1700-$1800 for a VERY NICE complete example.

I agree. I pd 1800 for a absolutely mint one. Had a hard time getting close to that when I sold..I think I got 1500. This was 2 yrs ago, but when did Shadow get over 2K?

No offense to anyone, just stating that this is the first I've heard of Shadow moving up to NGG,WH20 range.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

My problem with the op's sale is that he is missing things. For 2200 it should be flawless and complete. The head decals should be installed as well. Doing those right is quite a bit of work. As it sits it is most like 1800ish as the next guy needs to track down the missing parts (good luck finding phurbas and rings). the cost of those parts will put it over 2k.

Bingo.

#24 12 years ago

Shadow will be approaching $2500-$3500 in the near future. It has a super-hero theme, deep rules, made with great quality, and designed by the same person who did MM and AFM. It's a deal even in that range as new games are twice that with similar technology.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from JesseB:

Shadow will be approaching $2500-$3500 in the near future. It has a super-hero theme, deep rules, made with great quality, and designed by the same person who did MM and AFM. It's a deal even in that range as new games are twice that with similar technology.

No agruement from me. I like it better that AFM and MM. Shadow is one of my favorite games. I don't think you are correct, however..People have been saying that since I got into the hobby in 2005. It never has gotten over 2k..until now, I guess. Lots of people still hate the BG, the movie was a bomb...I don't profess to understand pin prices, but it is what it is with this game. Better for us that it stays off the "A" list...I would like to be able to afford another one some day!

#26 12 years ago

Either way the machine is sold, and for my asking price. Also, there are 3 other people with offers at 2,000 for it as is, and one other person with a trade plus cash offer.

#27 12 years ago

those phurbas would be extremely easy to replicate, just make a simple mold and resin cast them, The ring might be a little more tricky

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from CVTSTZ:

I appreciate that you think I'm nuts. I've sold over 100 machines in the last year or so. I feel I have a pretty good handle on current pin prices in my area, and I do my best to have a price that is usually competitive in my area. I go through the machines, fix most/all issues, and disclose any issues that I'm aware of that I haven't fixed or did not have time to get to. Usually if I have time I also shop the machines out and include cointaker LEDs, and other upgrades. I don't sell dark warehouse projects and try and pass them off as minty huo.

Most machines have jumped in price over the last 6 months to a year for some reason. This has also been reflected in the price guide and other online lists.

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

CVTSTZ said:You guys are nuts, if by routinely, you mean Ebay, you would probably still be wrong. Very nice, complete Shadows are going for under 2k. If you are paying over 2k, you are paying too much. There has been a complete Shadow sitting in Milwaukee at $1700 for MONTHS. If you sold yours for $2200, more power to you, but as a buyer, I would never pay more then $1700-$1800 for a VERY NICE complete example.

I appreciate that you think I'm nuts. I've sold over 100 machines in the last year or so. I feel I have a pretty good handle on current pin prices in my area, and I do my best to have a price that is usually competitive in my area. I go through the machines, fix most/all issues, and disclose any issues that I'm aware of that I haven't fixed or did not have time to get to. Usually if I have time I also shop the machines out and include cointaker LEDs, and other upgrades. I don't sell dark warehouse projects and try and pass them off as minty huo.
Most machines have jumped in price over the last 6 months to a year for some reason. This has also been reflected in the price guide and other online lists.

Eric,

You do great work and every pin I have seen you listed, was not just priced right, but often time a great deal!

This is the first one you posted where I thought it was not such a good deal. I'm glad you got your price. You sell way more than me or most anyone here, so you are probably right about the 6 month market trend.

I've been meeting with Jim and John from Hamden, you should come down some day and join or CT pinball click we got going.

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I guess we will have to agree to disagree, $2500 Shadow's aren't a thing.

#31 12 years ago

i've bought 2 machines from eric, and had a very good experience. i still look forward to doing more biz w him cuz i learned that i know what i'm getting. that's very tough to come by in this hobby, and in my opinion is worth a much bigger premium than he charges, by any means.

shadow may or may not be worth 2k+ on a blue-book basis, but to someone who desires the game, it's an insurance policy.

for those looking to buy low and sell high, the stock mkt is a much better place to be, to get accurate trailing prices and the action for people who like to 'flip' things. no pun intended.

but really, no one should comment on the price of the seller's offer unless they're interested in doing biz w the seller. otherwise, it's best to vote with your wallet.

-jon - reciprocal nyc

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

no one should comment on the price of the seller's offer unless they're interested in doing biz w the seller. otherwise, it's best to vote with your wallet.

This has become the thing as of late. People love to bitch and argue about what a certain pin is/is not worth.

#33 12 years ago

What it comes down to is this, when I buy games, I look on RGP. Prices there are 15%-20% lower then here on average. When I want to sell a game, I offer it up here, and generally get more for it then I would if I offered it up on RGP.

Take that for what it is, WH20 is not a 3k pin, TS is not a 2k pin, Congo is not even a $1500 pin.

I could get those prices here all day.

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

This has become the thing as of late. People love to bitch and argue about what a certain pin is/is not worth.

Quoted from CVTSTZ:

Take that for what it is, WH20 is not a 3k pin, TS is not a 2k pin, Congo is not even a $1500 pin.

Way to prove a point. Crack me up Mr. Pinball price police.

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Either way the machine is sold, and for my asking price. Also, there are 3 other people with offers at 2,000 for it as is, and one other person with a trade plus cash offer.

Glad to hear you got it sold eabundy don't let the cheap 'price police' get your goat. You sold it for your asking price that is all that matters let the small stuff go. Hope TS went to a good home!

#36 12 years ago

Mr Pin is a Reference book ... I use it , But I Don't Sell by it.. Not Lately anyway !!

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from CVTSTZ:

For that matter MM is not a 8k pin either.

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

For that matter MM is not a 8k pin either.

Well...unfortunately, that one does sell for ridiculous prices. Is it worth 8k to me, no, but to a lot of people it sure seems to be.

#39 12 years ago

I personally thought Eric's price was perfectly fair for the machine. I was close to buying it for $2000 until I made the foolish mistake of making my girlfriend watch the movie with me..............After that, she wanted no part of that pinball in our loft. It's all about FG with her.

#40 12 years ago

Shadow prices have really gone up around here. Passed on a couple that were selling for $2100 and they were beaters.

Happy with my two pins from Eric. He's also given me lots of good advice and helped me find my new machine that I'm picking up Sunday!

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from CVTSTZ:

I could get those prices here all day.

If I wanted any of those three titles here in SoCal, and I waited for one to show up at the prices you think they are worth, I'd never get one of them.

#42 12 years ago

For some reason southern california pin prices seem to be about 20 - 30 percent more than they are on the east coast. I was out there a few months ago and wanted to get a machine for my brothers house. Unfortunately I wasn't able to secure him a machine, as I wanted something in the 500 - 900 range, and everything in that range was destroyed / non working. Even system80 gottliebs.

However, I would sell all my games if I could convince my wife to move there. I miss that state

#43 12 years ago

I'm saving up for one along with JP. If I can get both for $5k, then, the sun is shining.....

#44 12 years ago

I should have bought a Shadow last year

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 37.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-the-shadow-2200 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.