Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

getsmart.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I have one machine available. It is The Hobbit Limited Edition #1055

The price is $7500 plus shipping (this is the cost that the previous customer was quoted so this is the price that i would quote you).

Here is the payment breakdown

$1500 down (due now)

$1500 due on or before 08/01/14
$1500 due on or before 10/01/14
$1500 due on or before 12/01/14
$1500 due on or before shipment

final shipping cost to be determined at time of shipping

Let me know.

I would need the following information

Name
Street
City, State, Zip
Phone
Email

Thank you

Christopher
King Pin Games
[email protected]
608-393-2299 cell

#2 10 years ago

Chris,

I'm interested in this. Sending you a pm.

Mark

#3 10 years ago

This is an honorable way of reselling it

#4 10 years ago

hobbit delivery is not this year?

2 months later
#6 9 years ago

I think I inquired about this pin awhile back but I've already verbally agreed to buy a different pin right now. If it doesn't work out I will be getting a hold of you.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from vincz:

hobbit delivery is not this year?

Yes.

Jack says he is under contractual obligation with the studio to deliver the Hobbit this year.

#8 9 years ago

so if there were contractual obligations with wozle they would be long done then?

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

so if there were contractual obligations with wozle they would be long done then?

I guess so.

#10 9 years ago

I wonder what penalty is written into the contract if they fail to meet their obligation. (I don't think they will but it would be interesting to know what the incentive is). Maybe it's a fine every week/month until the game is released?

#11 9 years ago

When did you order the game? That's the question! Another words 2 years out of the date released or 5 years of the game releasing.

#12 9 years ago

I doubt the contract states Le vs standards. Plenty of standard WOZ were made just not Les.
He could make 10 Hobbits by Dec 30th and fulfill the contract. That means nothing to the other purchasers waiting.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I doubt the contract states Le vs standards. Plenty of standard WOZ were made just not Les.
He could make 10 Hobbits by Dec 30th and fulfill the contract. That means nothing to the other purchasers waiting.

Or there could be no contract...could have just been something "officially" to say to quell fears of WOZ-esque delays. Who knows anymore.

#15 9 years ago

As long as Peter Jackson has one under his Christmas tree the obligation will be fulfilled.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yes.
Jack says he is under contractual obligation with the studio to deliver the Hobbit this year.

LOL

#17 9 years ago

You know, I just have to ask this after reading all the crap about the WOZ preorder problems which I do recognize ended up fine for most. I am surprised this business model of preordering a game that isn't even done is okay with so many people. Back when I sold new pins I would have been laughed at for asking customers to pay up front for games I couldn't even give a realistic delivery timeline for. We couldn't even do that when Street Fighter II was out and making guys $1000 a week. They were desperate for them and they still never would have paid up front. You could get a premium price for them IF you had one, but you sure couldn't sell what you didn't have. I don't understand how they are getting you guys to do this! I know Street Fighter isn't pinball, but you get my point. Why not just wait until they are in your distributors showroom and then you have nothing to worry about? An honest question....not trying to be snarky. Seems like its a piece of cake to get a WOZ and there are still people on the delivery list!

#18 9 years ago

Hobbit should be at expo this year; I know they are obligated to have it out with the movie; so we should see a huge update soon; are all the woz les shipped yet? I like what heighway pinball is doing; wait to see the game and then worry about ordering; also heighway is going to have a big spot at expo this year too

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball4life:

You know, I just have to ask this after reading all the crap about the WOZ preorder problems which I do recognize ended up fine for most. I am surprised this business model of preordering a game that isn't even done is okay with so many people. Back when I sold new pins I would have been laughed at for asking customers to pay up front for games I couldn't even give a realistic delivery timeline for. We couldn't even do that when Street Fighter II was out and making guys $1000 a week. They were desperate for them and they still never would have paid up front. You could get a premium price for them IF you had one, but you sure couldn't sell what you didn't have. I don't understand how they are getting you guys to do this! I know Street Fighter isn't pinball, but you get my point. Why not just wait until they are in your distributors showroom and then you have nothing to worry about? An honest question....not trying to be snarky. Seems like its a piece of cake to get a WOZ and there are still people on the delivery list!

It's easy to get a standard NIB WOZ. LEs however have been sold out for a long time and have to be purchased from an existing owner unless someone is selling their LE spot. I preordered a Hobbit LE last September to get in at $7500 which was before the $500 increase. Also, I want my game sooner rather then waiting for who knows how long from when the first game is shipped. The payment plan also makes it easier to pay for the pin over the course of a year as opposed to all at once. If for reason I need my preorder money back, or end up not liking what I'm seeing with the game I can get a refund at anytime from JJP.

Props to the seller for offering the game at $7500 GLWTS.

#20 9 years ago

Let's be clear ! About 250 plus WOZ Le buyers have not received the game yet. 1/4 of the Le purchasers ! It has not worked out fine.
And a bunch of Australian buyers are up a creek and lost 9k each and it's still not clear who owes who what.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Let's be clear ! About 250 plus WOZ Le buyers have not received the game yet. 1/4 of the Le purchasers ! It has not worked out fine.
And a bunch of Australian buyers are up a creek and lost 9k each and it's still not clear who owes who what.

I agree. I would love to buy this pin, right now. But who knows when the Hell I would receive my pin! I can't believe WOZ LE owners are Still waiting to receive their pins! Not good for business!

#22 9 years ago

Game is sold. thanks for all the bumps guys.

#23 9 years ago

congratz !

#24 9 years ago

Looks like 2014 will go down as a banner year for new games in my home.

Thanks to King Pin Game, Hobbit LE can join the party!

Thanks for the opportunity Chris!

Marcus

#25 9 years ago

Although 2015 is more realistic for when you'll actually see it. Congrats on joining the Hobbit Club!

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Although 2015 is more realistic for when you'll actually see it. Congrats on joining the Hobbit Club!

Yeah. My mind knows that, but I'll let my pinball heart think what it wants for at least this year.

Marcus

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's easy to get a standard NIB WOZ. LEs however have been sold out for a long time and have to be purchased from an existing owner unless someone is selling their LE spot. I preordered a Hobbit LE last September to get in at $7500 which was before the $500 increase. Also, I want my game sooner rather then waiting for who knows how long from when the first game is shipped. The payment plan also makes it easier to pay for the pin over the course of a year as opposed to all at once. If for reason I need my preorder money back, or end up not liking what I'm seeing with the game I can get a refund at anytime from JJP.
Props to the seller for offering the game at $7500 GLWTS.

Thank you for your perspective. And to the poster who said it has not worked out fine, I kind of got that impression but didn't want to start up with that since it seems to illicit a lot of heated back and forth. I am glad a refund can be easily obtained if one changes their mind. However, I need to state the obvious. That's great...until it isn't! That would make me very nervous, but then again I guess most really want the game in the first place and likely would not want a refund. Most important are the overwhelming positive comments on the game itself! And it seems to have stepped up Stern's game as well. I stopped handling their games after we got in Indy and Batman. Had they kept putting stuff like that out I think they would be gone now. We were afraid of getting stuck with their pins after those two so I stopped bringing them in. They sure turned things around since then! We still don't sell them, but only because at the end of the day there isn't enough money in it for the investment required.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Looks like 2014 will go down as a banner year for new games in my home.
Thanks to King Pin Game, Hobbit LE can join the party!
Thanks for the opportunity Chris!
Marcus

Can only mean good things for fans of pinball! I'm interested in seeing if all the mfg can sell enough to survive, especially after their first couple games and the excitement and newness wears off. I really hope so! We want to see WMS trades, and it should bring prices down on those titles, which is good for the hobby all around (unless you have been buying them the past 16 months and hoarding with the intentions of reselling...I would be nervous right now)!

#29 9 years ago

As Maxwell Smart would say "missed it by that much"

getsmart.jpggetsmart.jpg
#30 9 years ago

If anyone else has a similar deal with the same payment plan shoot me a pm. I have a deposit ready to go but I'm not willing to pay the payment plan the way it's set up on jjps site.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-the-hobbit-limited-edition-1055-7500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.