View topic image gallery

farside - dog mowing lawn.jpg
410wlv-29JL._SS500_.jpg
pushing-the-door-open-when-the-sign-says-pull-254439.jpg
comics-penguin-fall.jpg
kangaroo-court.jpg
td.jpg
price-trolls.jpg
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 10 years ago

Sales of Hobbit probably over stated based on few bites here IMO. At least you can get a refund

#52 10 years ago

Whether they're sold out to distributors or to individuals means nothing to me. I'm offering a better deal than distributors.

#53 10 years ago

I wish I had more interest in the theme or I would get one to go with my WOZ, knowing myself I'll prob end up getting one after production starts

#54 10 years ago

Black Friday BUMP! Still no confirmed buyer.

#55 10 years ago

If I didn't have to pony up that much cash at once I would do it.. Would love The Hobbit next to my LOTR.

#56 10 years ago

Alright, I'm knocking $100 off the price now. If anyone is looking for a Hobbit ... I don't think you can find a better deal.
- $100 less than distributor asking price (obviously no taxes either)
- 'Free shipping' up to $400
- An early spot, right up in the front of the line (I have an email from Jen stating it should be one of the first dozen games)

Game number is #135 and I can provide the paid in full invoice for such. JJP can verify my name/address and invoice is authentic. I have already verified ownership can be transferred with no problem.

#57 10 years ago

I could be wrong, but I think that someone is going to get a good deal. GLWS

#58 10 years ago

I think someone is going to get a GREAT deal ...

If this has trouble selling at $7900 I don't know what hope JJP has selling this game for 8k or more and I have no idea how they expect to sell more than a handful of the 75th Anniversary Edition of WOZ at 9k.

#59 10 years ago

You couldn’t sell it at 7500.00 so raise the price to 8000.00 .. interesting sales strategy....

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

You couldn’t sell it at 7500.00 so raise the price to 8000.00 .. interesting sales strategy....

Huh? I had it listed at 8k ... I dropped it to $7900. If I wanted $7500 I could ask JJP for a refund and get it immediately.

Distributors are selling the LE at 8k (those that still have them.) The "regular" Hobbit is expected to come out at 8k. I think this is a no-brainer for someone. Show me a better deal on this game out there.

#61 10 years ago

Hard to get 8000 for a unfinished product especially with no payment plan. You are stubborn to make a buck we understand but a few more 100 off may actually get you a sale. My money is on you getting a refund, I am waiting with bated breath to see how this shakes out for you.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Hard to get 8000 for a unfinished product especially with no payment plan. You are stubborn to make a buck we understand but a few more 100 off may actually get you a sale. My money is on you getting a refund, I am waiting with bated breath to see how this shakes out for you.

I've had my money tied up for a full year. If I don't get $7900 then I feel like I've lost money (not "made a buck".) If someone wants to pay an extra $100 for the game (plus tax?), and up to $400 in shipping (essentially up to $500+ more), AND get stuck at the back of the line potentially waiting until June/July 2015 to get their game ... then sure, don't buy this.
On the other hand, if someone is interested in getting this game, the difference between putting down the $$ to be current on the installment plan (what, $4500? $5500?) and being fully paid off is only a few thousand. If you want to potentially save up to $500+ AND go to the front of the line, then I think this is a darn good deal.

#63 10 years ago

Best of luck I hope honestly you get what your seeking, but its a uphill battle. I feel your points and seems fair to me, hope you find a buyer.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I think this is a darn good deal.

Agreed. Someone needs to jump on this. GLWTS

#65 10 years ago

I don't see the problem with this. If I was looking for a hobbit, I would of jumped on this. Again GLWS

#66 10 years ago

It's been 3 weeks and you haven't sold it yet, that should tell you something..........

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I've had my money tied up for a full year.

You paid JJP the full $7500.00 for the Hobbit already?

#68 10 years ago

I'm thankful for the hobit preorder $ going to jjp. It ensures I'll eventually see my woz one day.

#69 10 years ago

Soft market or not as desirable as touted to be.
Personally if it was my purchase I would be satisfied getting a refund and moving on.

Free bump~

#70 10 years ago

Curious as to how this works with JJP? I know quite a few WOZ preorders changed hands. Do they transfer the invoice to the new buyer's name and would that person be eligible for the full warranty and have the ability to get a refund of the original $7500 if for some reason they needed a quick way out?

#71 10 years ago

That is how I bought my WOZ, it was transferred to me with full warrenty and If I had chose to I could of gotten a refund but that would of been crazy. At this point on the hobbit a refund would work for the seller since its the exact amount he has in it but I also think if someone wants one this is a great deal and surprised noones jumped on it.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Moose615:

That is how I bought my WOZ, it was transferred to me with full warrenty and If I had chose to I could of gotten a refund but that would of been crazy. At this point on the hobbit a refund would work for the seller since its the exact amount he has in it but I also think if someone wants one this is a great deal and surprised noones jumped on it.

We can only summise that no one wants one then

#73 10 years ago

I contacted CraZ4Pin as my daughters are urging me to get a Hobbit (they loved the first movie). However, two issues. First, I still don't have my WOZLE in hand back from early 2011 order. My wife and I will not put more money down until first game is delivered. Talking with JJP offline won't rehash here.

Second, no way I'm waiting like I am with WOZLE after paying in full and still no game after production has been ongoing. I know I can wait and order a regular edition after it comes out and it's really being built, but being first is exciting - and crazy. CraZ4Pin may have my solution if his is the first dozen made. If I get my WOZLE before Xmas maybe I do this - I'm thinking I'm nuts but thinking. Contacted JJP to confirm all info on this sale and conflicting response - not perpetuated by CraZ4Pin at all for the record. He's been straight up. JJP will not commit first dozen - just somewhere in first 100 built. I'm concerned JJP is waffling already on delivery of a customer who paid up front. Waiting for CraZ4Pin to get back to me to confirm info I sent him. Again, no misleading by CraZ4Pin - which is why I think he is frustrated and getting out. Just heads up. Whether I buy or not, sharing info may not be first dozen but first 100.

#74 10 years ago

What lessons did we learn about. JJP?

1) There's really no such thing as an LE IMO.
2) People who didn't invest cash for two years received machines before people who did.
3) There were lots of problems with the first machines. There could be more, who knows. Better to wait.
4) Delivery dates tend to change frequently.

What's the smart move? Wait until it's done, play it and then buy it if you like it. No need to tie up a dime.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

2) People who didn't invest cash for two years received machines before people who did.
3) There were lots of problems with the first machines. There could be more, who knows. Better to wait.
What's the smart move? Wait until it's done, play it and then buy it if you like it. No need to tie up a dime.

Except those that got WOZLE at $6500 and those in on THLE at $7500 may end up being ahead money-wise for a few years. I doubt we are going to see many WOZ games sell used at that price level for quite some time.

The only item you list that I think is a real issue is #2. I think the biggest problems with THLE re sales at this point is that we really don't have much info on game play or even how the theme will be used. It's pretty much buying blind at this point.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Contacted JJP to confirm all info on this sale and conflicting response - not perpetuated by CraZ4Pin at all for the record. He's been straight up. JJP will not commit first dozen - just somewhere in first 100 built. I'm concerned JJP is waffling already on delivery of a customer who paid up front. Waiting for CraZ4Pin to get back to me to confirm info I sent him.

My offer still stands.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I agree.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Contacted JJP to confirm all info on this sale and conflicting response - not perpetuated by CraZ4Pin at all for the record. He's been straight up. JJP will not commit first dozen - just somewhere in first 100 built. I'm concerned JJP is waffling already on delivery of a customer who paid up front. Waiting for CraZ4Pin to get back to me to confirm info I sent him. Again, no misleading by CraZ4Pin - which is why I think he is frustrated and getting out. Just heads up. Whether I buy or not, sharing info may not be first dozen but first 100.

Here is the exact email I got from Jen more than a year ago now (actually stated I was one of the first "15") followed by my email to her requesting where I stood in line. I'll clarify this with Jen if she has stated something other then this. But regardless, I'd say this is right at the front of the line.

Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 12:51 PM
To: Tim Fife
Subject: RE: The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball Confirmation

One of the first 15 games!

Best Regards,

Jen Guarnieri
Marketing Coordinator
Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.
1645 Oak Street
Lakewood, NJ 08701
P: (732) 364-9900, Ext 203
F: (732) 987-6842
www.JerseyJackPinball.com

Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 12:34 PM
To: Jersey Jack Pinball Inc.

Thanks Jen! One question came to mind … where will I fall in the “shipping line” for Hobbit? I’m assuming my machine number (#294) does not correspond to the shipping order and games will again be shipped in order that down payments were made? So what number in line for shipping does this put me by getting my down payment in so fast?

Thanks again!
Tim Fife

#79 10 years ago

question. why are plain woz being made if all the wozle's haven't been delivered? why is there a new LE woz when all the original LE's haven't been delivered. I'm tempted on this one but I'd like to think I take delivery in a year and not 2.5 years.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

question. why are plain woz being made if all the wozle's haven't been delivered? why is there a new LE woz when all the original LE's haven't been delivered. I'm tempted on this one but I'd like to think I take delivery in a year and not 2.5 years.

Because 'Regular' WOZ's were ordered during the same time LE's were being ordered. No 75th Anniversary Edition WOZ will be produced (other then the 2 prototypes) before all ECLEWOZ's are built and delivered.

#81 10 years ago

I'm sure Hobbit will be a quality game. Built well, thought out, etc.

But it's still $8000 for something you haven't even seen a single photo of. It's nuts when people buy Stern LEs without even a gameplay video, but at least you can *see* the game first.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Because 'Regular' WOZ's were ordered during the same time LE's were being ordered.

Not true at all.

No idea why people keep repeating this erroneous statement.

#83 10 years ago

Regular Woz's were not even mentioned/offered until like 8 month's after the LE was announced...

#84 10 years ago

YOU are incorrect Rob. Standards were available well in advance of the LE's being sold out. I had the option to buy either standard or LE direct from JJP in March 2012.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Regular Woz's were not even mentioned/offered until like 8 month's after the LE was announced...

At which time the LE's weren't sold out so the option to buy standards was there and people did. Some people prefer the silver.

#86 10 years ago

According to Jack, some of the early orders, ops and distributors, asked to be switched to the regulars on some of their allotment when they were announced. Thus, they didn't lose their place in line. Again, according to Jack, simple as that. Who really knows.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

At which time the LE's weren't sold out so the option to buy standards was there and people did. Some people prefer the silver.

You mention the option was there 8 months out....But why would distributor's decide to not get LE's, when LE's were 6500.00 at the time..?? The only reason they would option for a standard, is if , the standard was way cheaper than 6500.00, which was never offered to us? just curious...or maybe i'm missing something.

#88 10 years ago

No I correct. When the standards were announced the price went up on the LE. The standards were cheaper. And most of the standards originally were purchased by distribs. In large batches.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

No I correct. When the standards were announced the price went up on the LE. The standards were cheaper. And most of the standards originally were purchased by distribs. In large batches.

Agreed. That was always my understanding from Jack and JJP. I always expected to see Regular WOZ's shipping along side with my LE.

On another note, I got a verification email back from Jen at JJP today confirming my place in line on Hobbit and that it will transfer if someone does decide to buy this from me.

Sent: Monday, December 02, 2013 4:12 PM
To: FIFE Tim
Cc:

Yes that is fine

Best Regards,

Jen Guarnieri
Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.
1645 Oak Street
Lakewood, NJ 08701
P: (732) 364-9900, Ext 203
F: (732) 987-6842
www.JerseyJackPinball.com

Sent: Monday, December 02, 2013 1:10 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc:
Subject: FW: The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball Confirmation

Jen, quick question … When I ordered my Hobbit pin way back on day one I sent you the below email asking where in line I was for delivery for my game. You wrote back (see below) and said I was “one of the first 15 games!”. I’m assuming this is still valid and if I do need to sell my game (which I do) to someone else, this spot in line will remain the same, correct?

Thanks,
Tim Fife, Hobbit #135

#90 10 years ago

Seems like a fair deal to me, a little something in it for the OP and something for the new purchaser, win win GLWS

#91 10 years ago

The standards were announced long after many of us LE buyers had purchased. There is no excuse for the standard models being built before everyone's prepaid LE orders were built. I ordered May 10, 2011 and still do not have my game.

I read the post regarding Jack feeling it important to get some standards out in the wild to ops. Although I agree with his philosophy it was shitty to do that to his prepaid LE customers who were/are so eagerly anticipating their game.

Jack is a good businessman. Its hard to believe that he did not anticipate how much this would piss off buyers and affect how everyone would shy away from throwing their money to Hobbit in advance after hearing so many of us bitching about how we have been treated.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

YOU are incorrect Rob. Standards were available well in advance of the LE's being sold out. I had the option to buy either standard or LE direct from JJP in March 2012.

8 months later dufus.

#93 10 years ago

Dufus? What is this kindergarten.

I'll reiterate again doodoo head.

LE's were NOT sold out when standards were announced publicly a large number of standards were sold before LE's sold out and most went to distribs. A lot of whom want their standards prior to LE's. Because they either plan to operate and/or horde LE's.

#94 10 years ago

Can I be the 3rd stooge?

#95 10 years ago

How big of a hurry you in to sale. Since the game will not ship for awhile, I presume

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Dufus? What is this kindergarten.
I'll reiterate again doodoo head.
LE's were NOT sold out when standards were announced publicly a large number of standards were sold before LE's sold out and most went to distribs. A lot of whom want their standards prior to LE's. Because they either plan to operate and/or horde LE's.

StevenP wanted me to tell you that it is "hoard" not "horde".

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

When was it announced the LE was sold out, and there was a waiting list?

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Can I be the 3rd stooge?

Ok pee pee pants

#99 10 years ago

bump

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

When was it announced the LE was sold out, and there was a waiting list?

No you are incorrect. I ordered my LE direct from JJP on March 13th 2012 and there will still many LE's available. And standards as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-the-hobbit-le-one-of-the-first-dozen-games-free-shipping-8000/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.