View topic image gallery

farside - dog mowing lawn.jpg
410wlv-29JL._SS500_.jpg
pushing-the-door-open-when-the-sign-says-pull-254439.jpg
comics-penguin-fall.jpg
kangaroo-court.jpg
td.jpg
price-trolls.jpg
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 10 years ago

I'm selling my Hobbit LE pre-order. I got in on the first day and was told by Jen I should be one of the first 15 games shipped. I paid for the game in full so 'Free Shipping' IS included. I have already confirmed the 'Free Shipping' part is transferable. If you are interested please contact me. $7900 (REDUCED).

Note: The 'Free Shipping' adheres to the original JJP terms and rules (which is up to $400) which should not be a problem for shipping in the continental United States.

Also note, I can email the "Paid in full" invoice from JJP to the buyer for verification. The game number is #135.

#2 10 years ago

Can I pay you when the game ships?

#3 10 years ago

Got a little miffed by the WOZLE75 announcement I see.

I wish you the best on the resolution, although I still see Hobbit LE as a likely good deal at the money you have in it. There is just no guaranty that another LE will not be released. As long as they play the same, I don't really care much what version I have.

GLWS

#4 10 years ago

Game number? Sorry if I'm being dumb as can't see it in the post

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I'm selling my Hobbit LE pre-order. I got in on the first day and was told by Jen I should be one of the first dozen games shipped. I paid for the game in full so 'Free Shipping' IS included. I have already confirmed the 'Free Shipping' part is transferable. If you are interested please contact me. $8000.

So can't you just cancel the game and get your money back? Why do them the favor of getting them a new buyer? If THLE orders are non refundable than I would think that the pre order customers are crazy. And I took the crazy ride on WOZ and in no chance in hell would I do it again.

#6 10 years ago

1 of potential thousands ; )

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

So can't you just cancel the game and get your money back? Why do them the favor of getting them a new buyer? If THLE orders are non refundable than I would think that the pre order customers are crazy. And I took the crazy ride on WOZ and in no chance in hell would I do it again.

I paid $7500 in full almost a year ago. By paying in full I got free shipping ... but if I simply ask for a refund I'll only get $7500. Since the new/current asking price is already 8k ... I'm pretty sure with free shipping (and a guarantee of getting one of the first dozen games or so) it's easily worth 8k now to someone.

Game Number is 129 (or 139) I believe. Nothing special about the number although it's pretty low. Game numbers mean nothing from JJP though in terms of which was produced first.

Note: The 'Free Shipping' adheres to the original JJP terms and rules (something like up to $400?) which should not be a problem for the continental United States.

#8 10 years ago

B-b-bump

#9 10 years ago

I love it. You, the LOUDEST anti-Stern StarTrek flame-boy, reduced to this.
How awesome can things get?

I especially love the way you're selling your Hobbit cause you've been wronged -but you're willing to accept more than you paid for it originally!

It seems as though maybe you're not the JJP loyalist you once claimed to be. More of a speculator, eh?

Looks good on ya buddy.

FYI: I paid more for my WOZECLE than you did and I don't mind Jack's 75th anniversary edition announcement one bit. Happy to support him and happy to play a great game.

#10 10 years ago

What are you talking about? Reduced to what? JJP would happily give me a refund of $7500 if I asked for it. But since I've had my money out there for nearly a full year already, and I do have JJP's 'free shipping' included, of course I'm going to ask more than $7500. Why wouldn't I? And good for you if you're "happy to support him". Keep throwing your money at JJP and Stern ... they can do no wrong.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I paid $7500 in full almost a year ago. By paying in full I got free shipping ... but if I simply ask for a refund I'll only get $7500. Since the new/current asking price is already 8k ... I'm pretty sure with free shipping (and a guarantee of getting one of the first dozen games or so) it's easily worth 8k now to someone.
Game Number is 129 (or 139) I believe. Nothing special about the number although it's pretty low. Game numbers mean nothing from JJP though in terms of which was produced first.
Note: The 'Free Shipping' adheres to the original JJP terms and rules (something like up to $400?) which should not be a problem for the continental United States.

The first dozen games is just asking to be a guinea pig for all the new product problems that arn't ironed out.

#12 10 years ago

Almost sold out ,right Jack. Best of luck crazy this should sell despite everything.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

The first dozen games is just asking to be a guinea pig for all the new product problems that arn't ironed out.

Then you can easily ask to wait to have your game made if you're not comortable getting an early game (although I think after WOZ, JJP will have the big bugs all worked out). You still get the JJP 'Free Shipping' ... and I'm charging no tax if that applies through your own local distrib.

#14 10 years ago

I would love to be one of the first on the Hobbit.

However, seeing as I am STILL waiting for my WOZLE ordered years ago (May order), I'm candidly losing confidence Hobbit will be built/delivered before my kids leave for college (7th and 8th grade now).

If I had my WOZLE in hand this might be interesting. But besides JJP delivery issues, the only challenge with your sale is pay all up front. Not many willing to do that based on waiting game. Remove the extra $500 and you may get a bite but $7500 all up front is tough to swallow based on history.

GLWS

#15 10 years ago

As a ECLE owner, I understand your frustration about the recent announcement. But I think you're making a decision strictly on emotion, and it's one you'll regret when the game comes out...even if he puts out 3 other "limited" editions after it. It's bound to be an improvement on the great game WOZ already is. I'd pull this offer and think about it - if you still feel the same way, you can probably get even more money for your position once the last 50 or so are sold out...which should only be a few weeks from now.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I would love to be one of the first on the Hobbit.
However, seeing as I am STILL waiting for my WOZLE ordered years ago (May order), I'm candidly losing confidence Hobbit will be built/delivered before my kids leave for college (7th and 8th grade now).
If I had my WOZLE in hand this might be interesting. But besides JJP delivery issues, the only challenge with your sale is pay all up front. Not many willing to do that based on waiting game. Remove the extra $500 and you may get a bite but $7500 all up front is tough to swallow based on history.
GLWS

lol. If I wanted $7500 I could ask for a refund from JJP today! No problem! They're great like that. But I'm thinking anyone that is interested in this game would be interested in saving a few hundred with free shipping (and again, no sales tax) AND get one of the very first games to ship if desired. If no takers in a week or two I'll just get the refund from JJP. No big whoop.

#17 10 years ago

If the guy wants to sell his game, let him.
If he wants to try and make a profit, let him,
If JJP wants to make 17 LE versions, let them.
The market will tell us who made the right decision(s).
Scott

#18 10 years ago

What a hot potato this has become.I see these comments more as a reflection of no confidence in the JJP production schedules rather than any Seller issues here.
GLWS.

1 week later
#19 10 years ago

<BUMP>

#20 10 years ago

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm............ I'm thinkin'.

I might be willing to take the plunge........

Need to talk to the wife first. BUT.,,, would be nice. Only thing is with JJP I can make a deposit... and then payments going forward. Might be something for me to look at as the payments entertain me rather than paying all up front.

Anyhow...... thinking about it. Wish you the best. May purchase from you now.... OR.... wait even longer if I make a deposit.......

Still thinking.....

#21 10 years ago

Just curious, Is Keith doing the code on the Hobbit..?

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Just curious, Is Keith doing the code on the Hobbit..?

Yup

#23 10 years ago

GLWS and dont let the price trolls bum ya!

price-trolls.jpgprice-trolls.jpg

#24 10 years ago

Don't worry bud the ruby red is the fine looking sister your gf has but once you've been with her she wasn't all that great the original will always love you more. I'm kinda ticked too not being in the game but it will take no value from the EC its to pretty for that red is just kinda blah except on the ramps. I know your ticked about that, but I think you should wait for it why regret later unless your really would like the money to put into something else then that's your choice and yours only. I just feel this Ruby Edition is a fail anyway and it will not hurt anyone but Jack here. I think the Hobbit is gonna be an awesome pin and I don't even like the Hobbit story never got into it but this might make me.

Anyway free bump

#25 10 years ago

not really sure how I feel yet about the anniversary edition of woz, but if someone was interested in hobbit , why not this one, price is now 8000, get free shippinggood luck with sale

#26 10 years ago

Has this sold??

#27 10 years ago

This is a good deal for someone wanting one of the first Hobbits. The remaining games left are $8k + shipping so even with the game a year away you would still be getting your game in the first batch that are made.

#28 10 years ago

Still available ... one person pm'd me wanting to buy .. but have not received any payment (or confirmation) yet.

#29 10 years ago

When is this supposed to ship again? (Not Trolling, seriously want to know)

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

When is this supposed to ship again? (Not Trolling, seriously want to know)

By December 2014.

#31 10 years ago

Shipping will start December 2014 to coincide with the third film, but I'm guessing 1500 LE's won't be shipped that month!

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Shipping will start December 2014 to coincide with the third film, but I'm guessing 1500 LE's won't be shipped that month!

Nope ... I'm sure it will take at least 6 months to ship all 1500 (at least.) Which is why ... this being one of the first dozen games shipped is an extra bonus on top of up to $400 in shipping costs included.

#33 10 years ago

Wow, rough crowd, I got a thumbs down for supporting the OP in a humorous fashion.

td.jpgtd.jpg

I know what it's like to have a FS thead ripped on so was showing some solidarity.
Whatever, here's another GLWS and free bump. Hobbit looks to be great, wish I was richer.

#34 10 years ago

bump

#35 10 years ago

Likely only a couple weeks until some more news on Hobbit. This deal will get snatched up very soon! And if not, I will be raising the price the longer it goes untaken.

#36 10 years ago

How the heck do I get 2 thumbs down on that post? Liberal with those thumbs people.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

How the heck do I get 2 thumbs down on that post? Liberal with those thumbs people.

Because one is supposed to do price drops not price increases if things don't sell on pinside. You should know that silly.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Because one is supposed to do price drops not price increases if things don't sell on pinside. You should know that silly.

Well, it's still available at 8k now ... but with the game selling out and a new big update coming in December, the demand is only going up IMO. Even if I put it to $8250 it's a better deal than what a distributor will charge with shipping.

#39 10 years ago

Not worthy of response, sorry.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

What are you talking about? Reduced to what? JJP would happily give me a refund of $7500 if I asked for it. But since I've had my money out there for nearly a full year already, and I do have JJP's 'free shipping' included, of course I'm going to ask more than $7500. Why wouldn't I? And good for you if you're "happy to support him". Keep throwing your money at JJP and Stern ... they can do no wrong.

JJP is raising pricing to 8K in the next month or two for non LE games so price is inline, plus you have the benefit of reduced wait time for the game.

I expected to open this thread and see a price of $8500 or more. I was kinda shocked at what I consider a fair asking price.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Well, it's still available at 8k now ... but with the game selling out and a new big update coming in December, the demand is only going up IMO. Even if I put it to $8250 it's a better deal than what a distributor will charge with shipping.

Taking 7,5 k is even better as having nothing at the end!

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

JJP is raising pricing to 8K in the next month or two for non LE games so price is inline, plus you have the benefit of reduced wait time for the game.
I expected to open this thread and see a price of $8500 or more. I was kinda shocked at what I consider a fair asking price.

I thought non LE machines are still priced at 8 gees right now.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Thank Hank .. and also, don't forget the free shipping up to $400 as well!!

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

will be built/delivered before my kids leave for college (7th and 8th grade now).

I almost spit out my coffee!

#45 10 years ago

Yeah , instead of passing a deal onto the community you would prefer to profit from them and or just get your money back from JJP, NICE

Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

lol. If I wanted $7500 I could ask for a refund from JJP today! No problem! They're great like that. But I'm thinking anyone that is interested in this game would be interested in saving a few hundred with free shipping (and again, no sales tax) AND get one of the very first games to ship if desired. If no takers in a week or two I'll just get the refund from JJP. No big whoop.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from shakethatmachine:

If the guy wants to sell his game, let him.
If he wants to try and make a profit, let him,
If JJP wants to make 17 LE versions, let them.
The market will tell us who made the right decision(s).
Scott

Agreed in full, don't understand the price griping here, the price is fair and if I was looking for a Hobbit LE this would be sold.
BUMP!

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Yeah , instead of passing a deal onto the community you would prefer to profit from them and or just get your money back from JJP, NICE

Huh?? At 8k this price IS a great deal that I'm only offering to this community. I expect JJP to be announcing the "Regular" Hobbit pin at 8k in the near future. I've had my money tied up for a full year now ... at 8k you get to go to the head of the line, AND you get free shipping up to $400 on top of it. You can't find a distributor offering this. If it's not a deal in your opinion then please feel free to look for a better deal.

And I think JJP would prefer I did just find another buyer for them rather then having to refund me my money.

#48 10 years ago

al these pins will go down in price well after all the hype and newness wears off, . but let someone really save a FEW more Hundred and profit less, Tis the season man . Happy Holliday's

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I paid $7500 in full almost a year ago. By paying in full I got free shipping ... but if I simply ask for a refund I'll only get $7500.

Getting a refund is getting YOUR money back / 100%
Trying to make money off of the free shipping offer is marketing / sales.

JJP's track record of hitting delivery dates needs work so if they are quoting the machine as "one of the 1st to ship" can be taken with a grain of salt. Others might appear at the same time or before , you never know.

Good luck with the refund / sale.

#50 10 years ago

I've had lots of interest but no confirmed buyer yet! Still available!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 25.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-the-hobbit-le-one-of-the-first-dozen-games-free-shipping-8000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.