• Latest reply 9 years ago by dmklunk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images10.jpg
flipper wear-991.jpg
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Check out my Market ad at http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/12941

Up for sale is my Terminator 2 pinball. It is unshopped but clean. Has some minor playfield wear on the playfield. (The pictures can describe this more accurately.) Rubbers (and potentially flipper bats) would need replaced as part of a normal shop job, but the machine works great and shouldn't need anything too out of the ordinary as far as a shop job. Some minor cabinet wear as well. Pictures are available at the link below. It has a full CoinTaker LED kit (flashers and all!) installed! *Pending sale on this.*

Pictures are up at http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/dmklunk/library/Terminator%202%20pics

Thanks!
Derek

#2 9 years ago

Domestic or reimport? Three chute coin door or two?

#3 9 years ago

I believe it is a reimport from Germany. It has a three chute coin door with Deutschmark slots. The game is currently on Free Play.

#4 9 years ago

Obviously it is converted for 120V, and it is a very solid game.

#5 9 years ago

So this is the one that was on Craigslist for $1400? Has some flipper wear, too, I presume?

#6 9 years ago

Looks pretty rough to be honest, I dont see how you can have that much planking on the playfield and still stay its in "nice shape"
GLWS

#7 9 years ago

How does a shooter lane get split like that?

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

So this is the one that was on Craigslist for $1400? Has some flipper wear, too, I presume?

No, this isn't the one that was on Craigslist. In fact, I think that one is still there. But thanks for being quick to pass judgment.

No, not really any flipper wear on mine.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Looks pretty rough to be honest, I dont see how you can have that much planking on the playfield and still stay its in "nice shape"
GLWS

I think I'm getting the hang of pinside.

"You suck, your game sucks, and your mama sucks.

GLWTS"

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think I'm getting the hang of pinside.
"You suck, your game sucks, and your mama sucks.
GLWTS"

Yes sir. That's the way it goes with just about every FS thread on Pinside. Especially if you're not popular around here. Oh well, I'm just trying to sell a game!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

GLWS

Not sure that's planking as much as ball swirl. But I will call it "decent shape".

#12 9 years ago

Wish i was closer

#13 9 years ago

Alright, price drop! I want to move this along as I found another machine I want and I'm out of room. Full Cointaker LED kit is now INSTALLED (flashers, backbox, GI, controlled, and all!). Would like this gone soon.

$1950 cash and carry.

Come and get it!

Derek

#14 9 years ago

Bumping this up for the late evening crowd.

#15 9 years ago

Or maybe early morning now!

#16 9 years ago

Bumpity bump

#17 9 years ago

Bump for some better pictures -- some better pictures of the Terminator 2 are up at http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/dmklunk/library/Terminator%202%20pics

Now considering reasonable offers. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss.

Thanks!

Derek

#18 9 years ago

Hey Derek,

I commend you on the pics. You honestly showed the bad spots as you should being an honest seller.

I do have to mention though....your text description varies from the pics. Not saying it's intentional or anything like that. You gave your honest impression regarding the games condition.

There is a lot.....lets call it something "undetermined" on they playfield. Weather it's swirl marks, some wear, dirt/dust etc....

Seems to be some insert wear almost everywhere. Not terrible if corrected now, but it's there. Cab is pretty much as you described it.

Lastly and please don't take this as bashing you or your game (at least you have one)... there does seem to be some flipper wear. At least the rubbers anyways.flipper wear-991.jpgflipper wear-991.jpg

#19 9 years ago

Thanks for the input, Rob. I edited the original post to refer toward the pictures. A picture's worth a thousand words -- everything is subjective and I completely get that everyone looks at it differently. I think the pictures turned out nicely, so hopefully potential buyers will take a look at the pictures and see for themselves.

Thanks again!

Derek

#20 9 years ago

Back to the top

#22 9 years ago

BUMP

#23 9 years ago

Bumping again!

#24 9 years ago

Got a new price in mind?

BUMP

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

Domestic or reimport? Three chute coin door or two?

That to me is absolutely irrelevant. Is the game in good condition or not? That is the important question.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from videorob:

Got a new price in mind?
BUMP

Sure, send me a PM and make me an offer. Worst I can say is no!

#27 9 years ago

Will do but I have to wait till tomorrow. Medical procedure done today is kicking my ass.

The re-import thing is a big minus to me. Just being honest....I didn't see it was not a pure US till now. Not sure how many other people feel the same as I do but for me it's a big deal.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from videorob:

Will do but I have to wait till tomorrow. Medical procedure done today is kicking my ass.
The re-import thing is a big minus to me. Just being honest....I didn't see it was not a pure US till now. Not sure how many other people feel the same as I do but for me it's a big deal.

I have a reimport, plays great with no power issues. Id rather have my reimport than a trashed router from the states. I happen to like the DM coinslot inserts as they add a interesting "what does that mean" from most non-pinheads.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

That to me is absolutely irrelevant. Is the game in good condition or not? That is the important question.

Wasn't offering an opinion on which is better. Simply trying to glean whether this was the same machine I subsequently discussed in my next post.

Quoted from Carl_694:

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I have a reimport, plays great with no power issues. Id rather have my reimport than a trashed router from the states. I happen to like the DM coinslot inserts as they add a interesting "what does that mean" from most non-pinheads.

Quoted from Carl_694:

Wasn't offering an opinion on which is better. Simply trying to glean whether this was the same machine I subsequently discussed in my next post.

No problem here. Just my own personal preference. I've owned both and the problems are pretty much the same as any other machine. They all break down at one time or another. I just prefer mine with original wiring from the get go and no mods or different doors. I'd never knock another collectors pin just because it's a re import....I'd just play the hell out of it.

EDIT: Perhaps I should not have called it a big minus. Poor choice of words on my part. I own it!

#31 9 years ago

the coin door is the least of your problems.

#32 9 years ago

Bump. To be fair to seller, I confirmed this is not a flip of the 1400 beater on Craigslist.

#33 9 years ago

Magic Eraser + Rubbing Alcohol + Steady hands + Some Carnuba wax + Retake pics + lower price to beater price = *SOLD* title thread

#34 9 years ago

Agree with the above - I think you either need to put in some sweat equity, or lower to around $1300-1500.

#35 9 years ago

$1150 Cash today!

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

$1150 Cash today!

No, thanks.
I don't need to sell this right away, but at the same time I just don't have time to work on it right now. I'll let it listed here and if someone wants it they can make me an offer and I'll consider it. If it doesn't sell, I'll hang on to it for a while, at least until I get a chance to work on it!

Thanks for bumping this up..!

Derek

#37 9 years ago

I think it's time to bump this one to eBay.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Magic Eraser + Rubbing Alcohol + Steady hands + Some Carnuba wax + Retake pics + lower price to beater price = *SOLD* title thread

steer clear of using magic eraser.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

steer clear of using magic eraser.

I thought Magic Eraser could cause some problems, especially if applying too much pressure.

#40 9 years ago

Please elaborate.... I use Magic Eraser on cabs with some simple green. I've also used them (very carefully) on playfields with Novus to clean only.

What part of using ME is bad? (when used correctly)?

#41 9 years ago

Magic Eraser is abrasive. It's going to remove dirt, along with clearcoat. On a cabinet, it's going to remove some original art along with the art.

It has its uses, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't use it much on a factory CC'd playfield.

#42 9 years ago

Also, sorry to the OP, but $1950's pretty steep for this. Last couple I saw on Pinside sold around $1600 in nicer shape but without LEDs.

Bear in mind, that's on Pinside.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Magic Eraser is abrasive. It's going to remove dirt, along with clearcoat. On a cabinet, it's going to remove some original art along with the art.
It has its uses, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't use it much on a factory CC'd playfield.

Gottcha...They are abrasive to a degree...but really much less than paper towel. I always use them with caution.

You would be really surprised how abrasive some paper towel can be.

#44 9 years ago

depending on your iQ level, steer clear, otherwise - for the win.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

exactly, its quite abrasive. i think theres other stuff just as good imo

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

$1150 Cash today!

images10.jpgimages10.jpg

just messin'. bumpin it up

#47 9 years ago

Yeah, I have one of those really crappy reimport T2's, from Lithuania. Throw up here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/107859728471809685570/T2Chrome?authkey=Gv1sRgCLeV6fPM0LGgDA

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Yeah, I have one of those really crappy reimport T2's, from Lithuania. Throw up here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/107859728471809685570/T2Chrome?authkey=Gv1sRgCLeV6fPM0LGgDA

Wow that is terrible. Do they have more?????
Very nice work!

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Thank you for proving my point.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Now that is nice. I can see some decent $$$ was put into it. I may have to rethink my position on re-imports. It's just that the money being asked for re-imports is to high IMO especially when a machine needs more money, time etc to make a real nice example out of it.

Anyway....GLWTS and BUMP!

EDIT: Just to clarify... I never said the word "crappy" and the OP's machine is not really bad just needs some more work on the cosmetics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 21.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-terminator-2-nice-shape-new-oxford-pennsylvania and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.