bump.JPG
image.jpg
popcorn_mj.gif
image-966.jpg
image-725.jpg
image-819.jpg
image-651.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

Blackbeard how can you be chugs when I'm actually chugs

No, I'm Chugs and so is my wife.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I didn't miss anything guys. I saw the duplicate account he started. Clever, but sneaky. That alone should warrant a thorough, detailed look at what he's selling when a buyer purchases it. If he's lying on pinside about his identity, etc., what's he lying about in terms of repairs on pins, etc.
However, the bumping, flipping, gouging, etc. is all part of the biz. I don't believe in price policing. It's his crap he's trying to sell, so whatever HE wants to sell HIS stuff for is HIS business. Just don't buy it if you disagree. Then, when he's out there still trying to sell his overpriced taxi for $2500, he'll figure it out that he needs to lower the price.
Can't you guys just block him if he PMs constantly?

I was just trying to warn him that he was becoming a running joke within the circles of people I've talked to, and if he kept it up, was going to run out of people to deal with. That's all.

He can charge whatever he wants, and offer whatever he wants. It doesn't mean people have to like him, or deal with him when he does it.

The ban wasn't due to us not liking his low-ball/overcharging tactics, but rather his abuse of the rules.
Some of the people who enjoyed the fact that he was banned probably enjoyed it due to his pricing tactics, however.

I also must say that many people I have delt with in this hobby see it as a hobby, and are not motivated by a profit motive. I think the 'biz' guys are a much smaller portion of the pin buying/selling population.

#153 10 years ago

Chugs/Hugsc, you're on your own on this one.

Perhaps an apology for your identity crisis on here would be fitting? And a promise not to annoy the crap outta people as well?

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I didn't miss anything guys. I saw the duplicate account he started. Clever, but sneaky. That alone should warrant a thorough, detailed look at what he's selling when a buyer purchases it. If he's lying on pinside about his identity, etc., what's he lying about in terms of repairs on pins, etc.
However, the bumping, flipping, gouging, etc. is all part of the biz.

This isn't about flipping/gouging. It's about honesty and integrity. Overall conduct figures in, albeit to a lesser degree.

One of the arcade forums I'm on tolerated a bit too much from a dishonest person, and this happened:
http://www.retrocollect.com/News/30000-neo-geo-aes-aero-fighters-3-potentially-fake.html
(that's an early article, but the game was ultimately proven fake.)

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Perhaps you've missed the part where he created a duplicate account and lied about his identity.
Maybe you've also missed the part where he pesters other members via PM and e-mail after explicitly being told they don't want to deal with him.

That's not true I don't pester members on here or anywhere. I've made several offers to people and if they don't like my offer than they can just say no. I've talk to many people on here that can't stand you and your friends price policing/harassing everyone when you have no interest in actually buying the machine.

The constant emails from you are ridiculous. Do you even have a job? How can you be on here as often as you are? If anyone should take a break from pinball it should be you!

All this from a guy who I've never even met..

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Perhaps you've missed the part where he created a duplicate account and lied about his identity.
Maybe you've also missed the part where he pesters other members via PM and e-mail after explicitly being told they don't want to deal with him.

That's not true I don't pester members on here or anywhere. I've made several offers to people and if they don't like my offer than they can just say no. I've talk to many people on here that can't stand you and your friends price policing/harassing everyone when you have no interest in actually buying the machine.

The constant emails from you are ridiculous. Do you even have a job? How can you be on here as often as you are? If anyone should take a break from pinball it should be you!

#157 10 years ago

I believe 100% that Cory should be able to charge whatever he wants for his pins...even if I find the price ridiculous...more power to him if he can get it, too.

I don't believe in price policing...I think dead silence and crickets are a better way to make things go away with fewer hard feelings and unnecessary arguments.

I'm not okay with being dishonest or unethical.

The constant bumps and overly aggressive tactics annoying....and do hope that at some point Cory figures it all out, without thinking that everyone is out to get him.

Pete

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

That's not true I don't pester members on here or anywhere. I've made several offers to people and if they don't like my offer than they can just say no.

That's not how you felt when you PM'd me several times after I told you I had no interested, badgering me to buy your Big Game. We've been over this publicly before; I'll do it again if you want.

Quoted from Choggard:

I've talk to many people on here that can't stand you and your friends price policing/harassing everyone when you have no interest in actually buying the machine.

I'm going to be honest, I doubt you actually have friends in the pinball community.

Quoted from Choggard:

The constant emails from you are ridiculous.

I've never e-mailed you.

Quoted from Choggard:

Do you even have a job? How can you be on here as often as you are? If anyone should take a break from pinball it should be you!

Yes. Not that it's in any way relevant to your shady tactics or your sale, but I do. It happens to pay well enough for my liking, and is pretty flexible. No need to try make things personal, just clean up your act.

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

I've done nothing wrong on here, I am just trying to sell a pinball machine so I can buy another one. That is all!
Thanks in advance to those that are actually interested in the machines that I have for sale right now.

Again, what kind of sob story did you tell Robin to get out of being banned?

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Again, what kind of sob story did you tell Robin to get out of being banned?

a better question may be at what point do YOU let it go. a reputation is tarnished (possibly for good) so in all honesty this thread should be either closed or left to wither and die. unless you honestly expect someone to post the "sob story" then it should be over.

#161 10 years ago

Choggard - I don't think anyone here personally wishes you ill, least of all me. But your for-sale threads are increasingly about you and decreasingly about the machines. I think this is clear and not in doubt. Unless something changes significantly, this trend will probably continue. I hope this is also clear.

#162 10 years ago

can you deliver to Dayhuff's party?

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

That's not how you felt when you PM'd me several times after I told you I had no interested, badgering me to buy your Big Game. We've been over this publicly before; I'll do it again if you want.

I'm going to be honest, I doubt you actually have friends in the pinball community.

I've never e-mailed you.

Yes. Not that it's in any way relevant to your shady tactics or your sale, but I do. It happens to pay well enough for my liking, and is pretty flexible. No need to try make things personal, just clean up your act.

Again that's not true I never badgered you.. You posted WTB add for a Big Game and I offered mine to you. I think you were actually upset because I was asking $1k for it and you wanted to pay me around $500 tops for it. A few days passed and I did end up selling it for $1k which made you upset.

But the difference between me and you is I would never go onto your sale site and lie about you.. Again I hope this ends but for some reason I believe you will continue to post negative comments on my FS pages.

PS -You won't believe the number of people that have (PM) me to ignore you..

Have a great day!

#164 10 years ago

I wasn't upset that you wanted $1500 for the game, and I wasn't upset that you sold it for however much you actually sold it for. I was annoyed that you PM'd me no less than 3 times (I think the actual number was more like 5-7) demanding that I make you an offer.

You would do well to put me on ignore. People are right about that.

I wish no ill on you, but I (and many others, as you can see) don't approve of your dishonest selling tactics. I strongly suggest you reconsider how you conduct yourself here.

#165 10 years ago

Oh and by the way someone out of Detroit just posted my three machines for sale and it wasn't me.. Very classy guys!

#166 10 years ago

Someone named "Hugsc" perhaps?

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Someone named "Hugsc" perhaps?

LOL

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

Blackbeard how can you be chugs when I'm actually chugs

Im Spartacus!

spartacus.jpegspartacus.jpeg
#169 10 years ago

Choggs, the question remains, how did you explain to Robin the other account????????

#170 10 years ago

I really have no horse in this race. All I know is that the people I do know in this hobby don't appreciate how Choggs conducts his business......and I say business not hobby.

On reputation alone I would not deal with him. Something to think about if you don't think reputation is important in a rather close knit community.

I also know many people in this "hobby" who are not out to make a profit on the games they sell/trade. Many are happy to just break even and enjoy a new game. My personal preference is make as even as possible trades so I get to experience new (to me) games without having to deal with a lot of cash transactions.....sometimes that works out perfectly. I'm in this to own and experience a variety of pinball machines and to meet people with similar interests. I'm not in this to make a dime.

#171 10 years ago

WHOA!
I live 20-40 minutes away from you Michigan guys and I have no idea what to say?! I'm glad I'm Canadian??
Seriously, like Astropin, I have no horse in the race either. I am just sorry there is so much animosity that clutters up the pages of pinside! Bumping aside (which I really don't care about - I just stay away from the thread), I don't see any fault with asking prices; check out 90% of people's for sale ads - I promise they are asking more than they paid for the machine when they bought it. To me, that's flipping, any way you cut it - but if you get what you are seeking - more power to you!
Again, like Astropin, this is simply a hobby for me and a way to pass the time. I too am not in this to make a dime. I bought my Fire! to donate to a local Firehall...I sold my Congo for 600$ less than I paid for it so that I could get someone else into the hobby. I was told a long time ago what pinball was all about - and I promise, money never entered the conversation. I was fortunate to be included in a great group of guys and girls that are forced to trade amongst ourselves to avoid all of this unnecessary drama.
I wish you ALL the best and hope this hobby stays a hobby and that you never forget why you got into it in the first place.

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I wish you ALL the best and hope this hobby stays a hobby and that you never forget why you got into it in the first place.

That's part of the problem....too many people are treating this hobby as an investment opportunity (never a good idea) or a side business.....flip, flip, flip. One is just dumb and the other just sounds like a PITA to me.....flipping 250lb toys? There has to be something easier to flip out there.

Quoted from hollywood:

promise they are asking more than they paid for the machine when they bought it. To me, that's flipping, any way you cut it - but if you get what you are seeking - more power to you!

I disagree a little there. Selling for true market value is not flipping. If I sell a pin I've had for years for what I paid, then I'm not going to be able to purchase a pin I want that has always been priced similarly without it costing some serious additional cash. Like it or not the market has dictated that pins have appreciated over the last 10 years (mostly).

If you paid $1000 for your nice World Cup 94 your not going to sell it today for $1000.....then you're just going backwards in the hobby.

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I disagree a little there. Selling for true market value is not flipping. If I sell a pin I've had for years for what I paid, then I'm not going to be able to purchase a pin I want that has always been priced similarly without it costing some serious additional cash. Like it or not the market has dictated that pins have appreciated over the last 10 years (mostly).
If you paid $1000 for your nice World Cup 94 your not going to sell it today for $1000.....then you're just going backwards in the hobby.

You're right.....a pin held for an extended period of time has been shown to appreciate. I believe THAT is not flipping; I agree with you 100%. Other than that, to me, making a "quick" buck is flipping. Buying a game cheap, putting nothing in and then selling at inflated prices - takes advantage of the uneducated people. Let's hope this practice ends or I fear for the future of this hobby.

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

You're right.....a pin held for an extended period of time has been shown to appreciate. I believe THAT is not flipping; I agree with you 100%. Other than that, to me, making a "quick" buck is flipping. Buying a game cheap, putting nothing in and then selling at inflated prices - takes advantage of the uneducated people. Let's hope this practice ends or I fear for the future of this hobby.

Well just don't buy from the OP and you're off to a good start.

3 weeks later
#175 10 years ago

My head is spinning

#176 10 years ago

Just when you think you've seen it all from the Choggs, he takes it one step further.

#177 10 years ago

I just feel sorry for anyone who finds his ads and jumps on them before they get a chance to read up on all his fantastic drama.

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Choggard = Hugsc = Duplicate account = Pinside rules violation = ban.

So why exactly is Choggard still a member here and apparently cause more antics?

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So why exactly is Choggard still a member here and apparently cause more antics?

slow week

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I guess he is an ASSet to the community. Mods would probably need proof on really bad dealings or broken rules. We really don't know if the 2nd account rule was broken but it sure does look like it. I haven't read the rules on bad sales, scams, or cons but most other collector groups have instant bans on stuff like that. I never read rules because I'm an angel.

#181 10 years ago

This is a TRUE story. One of my clerks left me this note on my desk Mon. AM (she worked Sun PM)

"Wanted to let you know this guy came in and bought $7.00 in lottery tickets and he gave me two fives. I gave him $3.00 back. He said his change wasn't right. He said he gave me a five and a TWO dollar bill so he should not be getting ANY change back, so I double checked my drawer and there was no two dollar bill in there. I refused to take his $3.00 so he left mad and he went up to the police dept. and filed a report. They showed up and asked if everything was OK. They said that was the stupidist call they had ever taken."

Don't know what this has to do with this thread, but I couldn't even SCRATCH my head on that one! (or on this thread, for that matter.)

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

This is a TRUE story. One of my clerks left me this note on my desk Mon. AM (she worked Sun PM)
"Wanted to let you know this guy came in and bought $7.00 in lottery tickets and he gave me two fives. I gave him $3.00 back. He said his change wasn't right. He said he gave me a five and a TWO dollar bill so he should not be getting ANY change back, so I double checked my drawer and there was no two dollar bill in there. I refused to take his $3.00 so he left mad and he went up to the police dept. and filed a report. They showed up and asked if everything was OK. They said that was the stupidist call they had ever taken."

lol

Must have been a reverse-gypsy?!

#184 10 years ago

^ I love that episode

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 109.00
$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-taxi-michigan/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.