bump.JPG
image.jpg
popcorn_mj.gif
image-966.jpg
image-725.jpg
image-819.jpg
image-651.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 10 years ago

I put two pins up for sale on CL, both extremely reasonable prices with plenty of room to deal.

He sent me a pair of pretty much completely offensive offers within moments of my posting the games.

Normally, I wouldn't care and I'd just ignore, but the prices at which he places his stuff makes these offers he makes so offensive that it puts him in a bad light.

Here's another story: I put a posting up to trade my EATPM for a WW (still active, you know.... )

He sends me a PM.. "I'll trade you my Taxi for your EATPM".
I declined, as I'm not into Taxi...at all.
He replies "I'm willing to pay you 1500 cash for the Elvira".

Now, this is all fine and well, until you realize that he was asking 2500 for his Taxi at the time...

So, a straight up trade of a 2500 dollar Taxi for a 1500 dollar Elvira is OK for him. This doesn't add up.

He's trying to take advantage of people, not just make a small profit on a pin he buys and sells. That's why he gets the ire up of people in his local area. He does seem like an otherwise nice guy, but his practices leave a lot to be desired.

#102 10 years ago

I hate to admit it but I was enjoying the drama.

Hopefully he can spend some time thinking of the value of a reputation and can come back repented in some way.

#103 10 years ago

Possible thread of the year candidate? Although, the signed Star Was thread is going to be some tough competition.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

He does seem like an otherwise nice guy, but his practices leave a lot to be desired.

Greed is not so great. Sorry Gordon Gekko.

#105 10 years ago

Choggard: your account was un-banned after your explanation per e-mail. Note that if you want to advertise games without people commenting on their state, price, etc you're best of only using the Pinside Market, not the forum, to advertise your games.

I will say it again, having multiple accounts is not allowed, if we spot this, it will lead to immediate blocking of said accounts.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Choggard: your account was un-banned after your explanation per e-mail. Note that if you want to advertise games without people commenting on their state, price, etc you're best of only using the Pinside Market, not the forum, to advertise your games.
I will say it again, having multiple accounts is not allowed, if we spot this, it will lead to immediate blocking of said accounts.

Did he use the 'it's my wife's account' excuse?

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I put two pins up for sale on CL, both extremely reasonable prices with plenty of room to deal.
He sent me a pair of pretty much completely offensive offers within moments of my posting the games.
Normally, I wouldn't care and I'd just ignore, but the prices at which he places his stuff makes these offers he makes so offensive that it puts him in a bad light.
Here's another story: I put a posting up to trade my EATPM for a WW (still active, you know.... )
He sends me a PM.. "I'll trade you my Taxi for your EATPM".I declined, as I'm not into Taxi...at all.He replies "I'm willing to pay you 1500 cash for the Elvira".
Now, this is all fine and well, until you realize that he was asking 2500 for his Taxi at the time...
So, a straight up trade of a 2500 dollar Taxi for a 1500 dollar Elvira is OK for him. This doesn't add up.
He's trying to take advantage of people, not just make a small profit on a pin he buys and sells. That's why he gets the ire up of people in his local area. He does seem like an otherwise nice guy, but his practices leave a lot to be desired.

I don't see what's wrong with him trying to get a cool pin like Elvira at $1500. Isn't that what we all try to do? Get a good deal on a pin? $1500 isn't a bad offer imo. Also, him listing his taxi at $2500 is high, yes, but isn't this also what we do? List our pins high to get the best price?

I guess I don't have a hard time with his prices, etc. If people don't like them, just ignore the dude. I do think the second account is misleading and a little con-artistish though..

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I don't see what's wrong with him trying to get a cool pin like Elvira at $1500. Isn't that what we all try to do? Get a good deal on a pin? $1500 isn't a bad offer imo. Also, him listing his taxi at $2500 is high, yes, but isn't this also what we do? List our pins high to get the best price?

No. That's not what I try to do.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

No. That's not what I try to do.

So you like to overpay for your games and undersell them? I highly doubt this.

Not attacking you personally, but I just don't buy it that you don't try to make money on a sale and that you don't like a good deal.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Not attacking you personally, but I just don't buy it that you don't try to make money on a sale and that you don't like a good deal.

Yes, but there are some pretty basic laws of ethics and common courtesy that should be followed.

TaMoore follows them.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

So you like to overpay for your games and undersell them? I highly doubt this.

It's not about me, but you're incorrect at any rate.

#113 10 years ago

Then trade me your JM for my WW.

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Choggard: your account was un-banned after your explanation per e-mail.

That must have been some fantastic explanation.

HugsC is still retired...and was a known alias.

#115 10 years ago

Is a moderator able to tell if its a multiple account, from same ip address? Guys probably a nice guy but how long did he think he could keep up his buying and selling practices before it would get out, I don't believe anyone has it out for you, I haven't read about anyone else being called out, on the same thing.

#116 10 years ago

This is an online forum about wooden boxes filled with steel balls and flippers. Why so serious?

http://www.geekalerts.com/u/Batman-Joker-Cotton-Bath-Robe.jpg

Nerds.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I don't see what's wrong with him trying to get a cool pin like Elvira at $1500.

Seems like a reasonable offer to start with.

Quoted from pmWolf:

Yes, but there are some pretty basic laws of ethics and common courtesy that should be followed.

Yep. All I need to know about flipping pins I learned from Roadhouse.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Then trade me your JM for my WW.

JM is a keeper for me. It's not going anywhere. You can take my EATPM, if you want. I'll throw in cash if your WW is really nice.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

JM is a keeper for me. It's not going anywhere. You can take my EATPM, if you want. I'll throw in cash if your WW is really nice.

Honestly, I have been sitting here thinking about it. I've never played Elvira though.

And I live near Buffalo NY, so it's a bit of a stretch..

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from Hugsc:

Great game! I might have to take this off your hands..

"I might have to take this account off your hands" If this was a "wife" account, I guess she wants to buy her own games?

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Honestly, I have been sitting here thinking about it. I've never played Elvira though.

Hey can you get me that Lost World for sale out there, while you are there.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from pinij93:

Hey can you get me that Lost World for sale out there, while you are there.

Where's it at? CL?

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I normally go right through Buffalo on the way to Syracuse once a year.... During the summer, though....

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Where's it at? CL?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-bally-lost-world-1977-mid-michigan

There is a Earthshaker for sale out there too.

#125 10 years ago

Chugs - I will provide a variation of tamoore's advice and suggest that you go back through this thread and see which posts have been thumbed up and which have been thumbed down. It may be that your behavior is comparable to others in this community, but if the votes do not back up that belief, there may be something remiss in your execution.

The pinball community is relatively small. Any person's ability to live within the community will be a function of the number of people you make happy versus the number of people you upset. No one will be perfect, but I don't think you are headed in the right direction.

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Is a moderator able to tell if its a multiple account, from same ip address? .

We can do IP searches, and any accounts that have posted on that IP will show up. Lots of people have multiple IPs across various posts, myself included, since I use a work computer, home computer, iPhone, etc, and we can only search 1 IP address/post at a time. We usually don't even check IP addresses unless there's an issue or problem, because many people share common IPs at times, such as during Expo, conventions, auctions, etc. Sometimes it is very obvious that there is a double account, sometimes it is hard to discern. PMs are normally sent when there's a question to ask for an explanation, and action is taken or not depending on the validity of the answer. Mods do the best we can with what info we have, and Robin is the man with the power and the final say.

#127 10 years ago

This is hilarious, seems to me like a bunch a pinball elitist coming down on a guy because he doesn't measure up to "their" moral turpitude. I love self righteous reasons why it's ok for "them" to sell for profit, but Chogard is out of control. Go Choggard! Maybe Choggard should buy some pizza and throw a party.

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from WifeSwapper:

This is hilarious, seems to me like a bunch a pinball elitist coming down on a guy because he doesn't measure up to "their" moral turpitude. I love self righteous reasons why it's ok for "them" to sell for profit, but Chogard is out of control. Go Choggard! Maybe Choggard should buy some pizza and throw a party.

Comparing John or Pete to Choggard proves you don't know what you are talking about. If you want to support Choggard, sell him your FF for $250 and let him sell it for $2000.

BTW, I would love a FF for $350.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from WifeSwapper:

Has a 2nd account to bump, thumb up his own posts along with stroking his own d*@#. (illegal on Pinside)
Low balls other collectors (means your pins are garbage/worthless)
"Trys" to sell his pins WAY ABOVE average (my shit is made of gold)

Yeah, cheer this guys on. He seems like a great fellow.

I have only made a few collector to collector transactions but I would NEVER lowball. I make sure I take averages, preivous sales into the offer but to honestly attempt the offers he does, its just sad, insulting, and a waste of time.

#130 10 years ago

You can price pins at whatever you want. The two accounts is what really did him in. He was really going out of his way to be dishonest. In one way, it is a clever way to sell pins. If you get caught well then, you have to face the mob.

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from WifeSwapper:

He had multiple accounts to 'help' his sales threads along. That's shady as hell.

He pesters the living daylights out of people via PM and e-mail, even after they've explicitly told him they don't to deal with him.

#132 10 years ago

I've done nothing wrong on here, I am just trying to sell a pinball machine so I can buy another one. That is all!

Thanks in advance to those that are actually interested in the machines that I have for sale right now.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

I've done nothing wrong on here, I am just trying to sell a pinball machine so I can buy another one. That is all!
Thanks in advance to those that are actually interested in the machines that I have for sale right now.

What kind of sob story did you tell Robin to get out of being banned?

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

It's not another account of mine...

It is an incredible coincidence, then, that HugsC is an anagram of Chugs, a name that you sometimes use in your CL emails.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

It is an incredible coincidence, then, that HugsC is an anagram of Chugs, a name that you occasionally use in your CL emails.

We've got confirmation it was a duplicate account:

Quoted from robin:

Choggard = Hugsc = Duplicate account = Pinside rules violation = ban.

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

We've got confirmation it was a duplicate account:

So which is it:

1) Choggard was un-banned by providing evidence that HugsC is not a duplicate account
2) An exception was made for Choggard

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

It's not another account of mine...

Quoted from robin:

Choggard = Hugsc = Duplicate account = Pinside rules violation = ban.

Quoted from Choggard:

I've done nothing wrong on here, ...

#138 10 years ago

WHO.

CARES.

#139 10 years ago

Who opened this thread and replied to it?

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Who opened this thread and replied to it?

The op? What's your point?

You guys have been beating a dead horse now for how long? Move on already. Just don't respond to the guy if you don't want to deal with him.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

So which is it:
1) Choggard was un-banned by providing evidence that HugsC is not a duplicate account
2) An exception was made for Choggard

Looks like #2. Hugsc is banned; if it wasn't a duplicate, why would it be banned? Here's Robin's second post:

Quoted from robin:

Logically, if Hugsc wasn't a duplicate account, Robin wouldn't have banned it and would've edited his post calling it a duplicate account.

#142 10 years ago

If someone has to misrepresent & overprice ( rip people off ) to support their "hobby,"maybe they can't afford that next pin...

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

The op? What's your point?
You guys have been beating a dead horse now for how long? Move on already. Just don't respond to the guy if you don't want to deal with him.

I don't think that horse is dead. Choggard is still here, trying to sell his stuff; I doubt the fact that his second account was banned is going to suddenly make him an honest person, let alone a pleasant one.

#144 10 years ago

We all have one of those guys in our towns. I call them 'extreme flippers', I have two in my town. One makes a deal then changes the deal when you show up at his place, he does it to everybody. His reputation was destroyed years ago. I actually enjoy messing with him, I like to make offers on his games, then change them when he accepts. I'm sure he doesn't get it, but it makes me feel good. I have one game he wants so bad, I'll never sell it now. It's not even a great game, but I'd rather give it to someone else than sell it to him.

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I don't think that horse is dead. Choggard is still here, trying to sell his stuff; I doubt the fact that his second account was banned is going to suddenly make him an honest person, let alone a pleasant one.

You're right. Guy comes on here and tries to sell his pins, albeit for a huge markup, and that should be it for him. Ban him.

Anyone should be able to sell any of their pins at whatever they want to sell it at. It's their pin.

Like I said before, if he annoys you, etc., just don't respond. This price policing bullshit needs to stop. It annoys me and probably a lot of other Pinsiders.

Who knows. Maybe Blackbeard = Choggard?

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

What kind of sob story did you tell Robin to get out of being banned?

I wonder if it was just a "I didnt know the rules." I'm sorry but I thought it was common sense not to dupe people. You don't try to sell something then get on another account and state "Wow, great price." That is deceitful and I learned that when I was 10 years old. I guess being a con artist is OK.

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

You're right. Guy comes on here and tries to sell his pins, albeit for a huge markup, and that should be it for him. Ban him.

Come on man, that's not what it is.....

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Anyone should be able to sell any of their pins at whatever they want to sell it at. It's their pin.
Like I said before, if he annoys you, etc., just don't respond. This price policing bullshit needs to stop. It annoys me and probably a lot of other Pinsiders.
Who knows. Maybe Blackbeard = Choggard?

Perhaps you've missed the part where he created a duplicate account and lied about his identity.

Maybe you've also missed the part where he pesters other members via PM and e-mail after explicitly being told they don't want to deal with him.

#149 10 years ago

I didn't miss anything guys. I saw the duplicate account he started. Clever, but sneaky. That alone should warrant a thorough, detailed look at what he's selling when a buyer purchases it. If he's lying on pinside about his identity, etc., what's he lying about in terms of repairs on pins, etc.

However, the bumping, flipping, gouging, etc. is all part of the biz. I don't believe in price policing. It's his crap he's trying to sell, so whatever HE wants to sell HIS stuff for is HIS business. Just don't buy it if you disagree. Then, when he's out there still trying to sell his overpriced taxi for $2500, he'll figure it out that he needs to lower the price.

Can't you guys just block him if he PMs constantly?

#150 10 years ago

Blackbeard how can you be chugs when I'm actually chugs. I figured that I couldn't afford another high profile meltdown as edwinpblue so used my alter ego.

sorry Cory but I couldn't resist. I'm not laughing at you I am laughing with you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-taxi-michigan/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.