• 29 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by WeirPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC02074.JPG
DSC02072.JPG

#1 6 years ago

Looking to sell my Taxi which will be available for delivery to the Allentown Pinfest May 3rd and 4th.

The machine is clean and is in good working order. Playfield original mylar kept the pre-diamond plated playfield in good shape, with the normal wear around the pop bumpers. All inserts are in good shape. Strong flippers, New CPR plastic set, Rottendog LED displays and power driver board. Rerubbered playfield, new #47 bulbs installed, waxed playfield, polished metal parts and screws. Some minor scrapes on main cab, small piece out of backbox corners and translite, missing back box lock, crack in left departure ramp (covered with mylar, doesn't affect game play). Original manual also included.

Here is a link to some photos of the game: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57679689@N02/sets/72157625892665190/
and a video with gameplay footage:

Asking $1400 or best offer.

#2 6 years ago

Couple of pics

DSC02072.JPG DSC02074.JPG

#3 6 years ago

I'm sure this will sell quick, I've played this game a bunch and it's in real nice shape, I know the bell works because it startles me everytime I'm next to it playing space shuttle. I have also bought games from cookyjar and he is an excellent seller,and very honest.

#4 6 years ago

pm sent

#5 6 years ago

pm also sent

#6 6 years ago

I too have played this machine. It is as advertised and plays great. Cookyjar is good to deal with!

-BB

#7 6 years ago

Sent a note yesterday waiting for a response

#8 6 years ago

Responses sent to PMs.
Thanks for the good words from Pinwizkid and Colehvac1.

#9 6 years ago

PM sent

#10 6 years ago

Damn, I cannot get in on this, but haven't seen a decent Taxi come up like this for a while. You must have had to take the topper off to clear the ceiling. Good to see someone not inflating pin prices for a change.

#11 6 years ago

'nother pm sent.....is topper included??

#12 6 years ago

I've sent a PM too...and I've licked the plunger...It's mine

#13 6 years ago

Yeah, the topper wouldn't fit with the low ceiling. If you check out the Flickr link in my original post it has more pics of the machine, including the topper.

#14 6 years ago

I've uploaded some additional cab and head pics and some more close up playfield pics on my Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57679689@N02/sets/72157625892665190/with/8678594263/

#15 6 years ago

nice machine, should be an easy sale. GLWS!

#16 6 years ago

Wish you would ship. This would be a done deal.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from CookyJar:

I've uploaded some additional cab and head pics and some more close up playfield pics on my Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57679689@N02/sets/72157625892665190/with/8678594263/

Decent looking Taxi. It's a shame that the play fields yellowed so much on these in the non-mylar areas. The CPR fields should breathe new life into a lot of Taxi machines.

Good Luck With The Sale!

Chris

#18 6 years ago

You haven't sold this yet!?!?! Let me know.........

#19 6 years ago

Have a tentative deal set for Sat.

#20 6 years ago

Hey shlockdoc,

Waiting to hear back from you regarding tomorrow.
Give me a call back, you have my number. Thanks.

-Stephen

#21 6 years ago

The machine has been sold.

-Stephen

#22 6 years ago

Any chance you sold it to a man named Dave?

#23 6 years ago

You are correct sir.
P.S. - Really enjoying your HS restoration thread, really amazing work!

-Stephen

#24 6 years ago

Its in my driveway now

Thanks again Stephen, nice to meet you.

#25 6 years ago

Sweet! Looking forward to playing taxi soon

Will you be at Allentown Stephen? HS will be there

#26 6 years ago

Need any help moving it inside or you going to stuff it in the garage ?

#27 6 years ago

Nice meeting you too Dave.

Going to be at Allentown both days. Can't wait to see that HS!

#28 6 years ago

Also a title I want one day. I'd like a room of Python Pins.

#29 6 years ago

Taxi is the game I've currently had the longest - and I don't see it leaving. I don't know what it is about this game, but I still have fun playing it.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside