New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 90027)

FS: Target Alpha SOLD

By jdoz2

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jdoz2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

lemmings-o.gif
IMG_1855.JPG
IMG_1851.jpg
IMG_1854.jpg
IMG_1852.JPG
IMG_1845.jpg
IMG_1849.jpg
IMG_1850.jpg
IMG_1848.jpg
IMG_1847.jpg
IMG_1846.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Selling my target alpha that I just picked up around a month ago. It plays great and the playfield is in decent shape. Backglass looks nice minus one chip near the player one light. It looks like someone sealed it, but forgot to tape off the score windows. The right side of the cabinet is in good shape, but the left side has some scratches. Its a fun game, but Im needing the space and money right now. Firm on the price because thats exactly what I paid for it. Thanks.
IMG_1845.jpg
IMG_1852.JPG
IMG_1854.jpg
IMG_1851.jpg

IMG_1850.jpgIMG_1849.jpgIMG_1848.jpgIMG_1847.jpgIMG_1846.jpgIMG_1855.JPG

#2 6 years ago

You bought that at TPF? should have bought mine there instead!
If so, apart from the mascara this is a nice copy and a good price. Glwts

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

You bought that at TPF? should have bought mine there instead!
If so, apart from the mascara this is a nice copy and a good price. Glwts

Same one, but I actually didn't buy it there. I bought it when it returned home to missouri

#4 6 years ago

I have spent some time with this machine and can verify that it plays well.

Everything on the playfield functions correctly with the exception of the left outlane switch that wasn't working a few weeks ago. He may have fixed it by now--that certainly wouldn't keep me away from this game if it were on my want list.

The seller is a great guy, too!

#5 6 years ago

Oh my this is one of those distance issues. If you were closer to St. Louis, I'd have my family pick it up till I could get it here! blerg.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Oh my this is one of those distance issues. If you were closer to St. Louis, I'd have my family pick it up till I could get it here! blerg.

Ill be in dexter, mo this saturday. I think that shaves off an hour

#7 6 years ago

Nice looking. Bump.

#8 6 years ago

Man, that looks like a whole heap of fun! Is it just me...or is Target Alpha a sci-fi El Dorado?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Man, that looks like a whole heap of fun! Is it just me...or is Target Alpha a sci-fi El Dorado?

Yep, same layout just different theme and its a 4 player version. I havnt played a whole lot of EM's, but I think this is one of the most fun Ive played. Drop targets *drooool*

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Yep, same layout just different theme and its a 4 player version. I havnt played a whole lot of EM's, but I think this is one of the most fun Ive played. Drop targets *drooool*

And not just drop targets - two sets of them! AND two sets of flippers to knock 'em down with!

El Dorado was my favorite EM by a wide margin, but I'm totally more of a sci-fi guy...

...lemme sleep on it

#11 6 years ago

So...what happens when you knock down all the drop targets? Do they reset or stay down until you drain?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

So...what happens when you knock down all the drop targets? Do they reset or stay down until you drain?

Stay down until you drain.

#13 6 years ago

I would love to have this, but cant travel right now or it would be in my garage, not heading north are ya?

#14 6 years ago

Bump for my bro.

#15 6 years ago

Good seller bump, still rocking the WWFRR I bought from him a year ago.

#16 6 years ago

This playfield design has been used several times. Target Alpha, Solar city, El Dorado, Gold Strike, Lucky strike, Canada Dry, and El Dorado city of gold. All the exact same.

#17 6 years ago

Great deal for someone local..great game hope to own one someday.

#18 6 years ago

That has to be the most recycled playfield layout ever then I assume, anyone know for sure?

#19 6 years ago

Quick glance through appendix I in the price guide. Game interrelationships. It appears it may be the most recycled playfield. Just from what I see. Target Alpha is one of the first games I ever played. Grandma still has it and Freedom. Good Buy.

#20 6 years ago

TA has the best art of the group IMO.

#21 6 years ago

There has been a lot of interest actually, but all of them required me driving a bunch. Really need to keep it local or can drive an hour or so.

#22 6 years ago

Deal pending

#23 6 years ago

And it's back up for sale.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Stay down until you drain.

Yup, and this is the ONLY reason, I prefer El Dorado over this one. That...and the lower set of targets gives you a bonus multiplier on the SS versions. But it's still and awesome game and 4 players makes it even better.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and 4 players makes it even better.

It's more fun to compete! Really though, that makes it a lot more fun if you ever have people over to play.

#26 6 years ago

EM's are a blast with multiple players. Pinheads and non pinheads love my super soccer. I think because it's easy to understand for newbies. Scores usually stay really close to each other. Not standing around for 30 min while someone finishes a ball. Usually play 5 or 6 games in a row. It's one of those........"ok, one more game" type games.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Ill be in dexter, mo this saturday.

Whoa, never thought I'd hear that town mentioned here. I'm from Malden, about 20 minutes down the road.

Anyway, GLWS, etc.

#28 6 years ago

Daily Bump.

#29 6 years ago

just completed a trade with jdoz excellent dude!

Quoted from yancy:

Whoa, never thought I'd hear that town mentioned here. I'm from Malden, about 20 minutes down the road.
Anyway, GLWS, etc.

There are atleast 2 pinsiders around here maybe more!

#30 6 years ago

Bump for a great seller and a nice game.

#31 6 years ago

MAN if I didn't JUST finish my basement....read spend a crap ton of money and still need to do a little more, I'd be all over this!!! I wish it was a few months down the road so I could swing it. Oh well, good luck with the sale....looks like a really nice pin!!

Brian

#32 6 years ago

Still available

#33 6 years ago

This is a great game. can't believe it's still here. It's because many are afraid of those two little letters. E.........M...... OH the horror.

#34 6 years ago

I'll scrounge up $200 for it! hahaha!!! MAN I really wish I could buy this!!

#35 6 years ago

If anyone east of Indiana wants this I could help John by getting it as far as Lafayette IN and shortening up your trip.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

EM's are a blast with multiple players. It's one of those........"ok, one more game" type games.

Exactly what the Gottlieb em designers were trying to achieve.........

#37 6 years ago

#38 6 years ago

Bump

#39 6 years ago

come on people, break out of your shells. This is a great game. Games that don't have a DMD can be very addictive and fun. Think outside the JJP,Stern, B/W box.

lemmings-o.gif
#40 6 years ago

can't believe this is not sold.
this would be in my basement by now, yep this is when i'd like to punch my location in the face.

glwts.

#41 6 years ago

I can not believe this is not sold as well, if it was within a days drive I would be all over it...

#42 6 years ago

I have not even played mine yet, and its been a blast just to work on and look at. cannot wait to get it put back together.

Someone buy this !

#43 6 years ago

Thanks for the bumps! Willing to deliver to stl or KC. I would love to make it to cp in stl or the 403 club in KC again.

#44 6 years ago

I put an hour or so on this game this morning and for now I'm no longer selling. I just don't think I could get a game this fun for the price. I may need to as a buddy to baby sit it for awhile so it doesn't sit in a hot garage this summer but I'm sure he won't mind.

No, not you Gov so simmer down

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

No, not you Gov so simmer down

I don't want your stupid awesome game in my house anyways!

4 weeks later
#46 6 years ago

Back up for sale. Space is an issue and I'm looking to buy a new stern so the extra cash would be nice.

SOLD

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside