!cid_0105122203.jpg
!cid_1031112232.jpg
!cid_1031112233.jpg
!cid_1031112216a.jpg
!cid_1031112216.jpg
!cid_1031112213.jpg
!cid_1031112211.jpg
!cid_1031112210.jpg
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

Thinking of selling my TOTAN it has: cleared playfield (not HEP quality but very nice),everything on top of playfield is new,post,bumper caps,lane guides,rubbers,plastics,ramps and decals, new cab decals,mike chestnut brass(rails,apron,back channel,hinges,coindoor,wire ramp,ball drop,magnet holder,shooter lane sword). cointaker led super kit with a few different colors added. treasure cove inside cab side decals,pinbits color changer shooter rod.pinball decals target decals and lighted sword topper asking 6800.00 obo. !cid_1031112210.jpg!cid_1031112210.jpg !cid_1031112211.jpg!cid_1031112211.jpg !cid_1031112213.jpg!cid_1031112213.jpg !cid_1031112216.jpg!cid_1031112216.jpg !cid_1031112216a.jpg!cid_1031112216a.jpg !cid_1031112233.jpg!cid_1031112233.jpg

#2 12 years ago

That is a beautiful machine. Good luck.

#3 12 years ago

Looks very nice, but I had no idea that TOTAN's were going for this kind of dough.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Looks very nice, but I had no idea that TOTAN's were going for this kind of dough.

All you need now is a female model to stand in front and you can sell it on ebay.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from JDub1006:

RobT said:Looks very nice, but I had no idea that TOTAN's were going for this kind of dough.
All you need now is a female model to stand in front and you can sell it on ebay.

#6 12 years ago

pics of topper?? also is the shooter lane mod from the guy in europe??

#7 12 years ago

The trim is awesome...is that gold? did they all come with trim like that?

#8 12 years ago

I definitely want a TOTAN, but I don't the money for one right now. Maybe in the future.

#9 12 years ago

mike chestnut brassed some parts .out right sells the others. heres a couple more pics

!cid_1031112232.jpg!cid_1031112232.jpg !cid_0105122203.jpg!cid_0105122203.jpg !cid_1031112234.jpg!cid_1031112234.jpg

#10 12 years ago

With all the upgrades that is a beauty! Gold trim looks great.....

I notice you have SM in your collection, if I wasn't adding WOZ and SM (and starting a big pool project right now!) I'd be all over that one......

Prices for TOTAN range all over the map and of course they have exploded in 2011 but with only 3128 in production you don't see many come up for sale, especially that nice.....

And compared to a 12,500 AFM and 13,000 MB....I think I'd grab TOTAN!

#11 12 years ago

BigLaw, That's a Beautiful TOTAN and a Heafty Price Tag along w/it .. When I bought the TAF from you , I can say 1 thing , When You pimp a Pin,, You go way beyond the Limit.. , Good Luck bro

#12 12 years ago

Man,
If you had been a month earlier on this biglaw, I might have put in an offer!!!
Binks- you're up!

#14 12 years ago

God damn, that's a gorgeous machine. TOTAN is totally among the machines to pimp out. If I had the dough I would try for it.

#15 12 years ago

Simply put, this is a work of art.

#16 12 years ago

$6800?? C'mon. Good luck though, more power to you if you get it.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from CVTSTZ:

$6800?? C'mon.

Agreed. As much as I love TOTAN this price is a reach to say the least.

#19 12 years ago

well for the price police give Treasure Cove a call and see what price you get for one all gussied up as they call it. i think you will find i am about 3200.00 cheaper. nuff said

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

well for the price police give Treasure Cove a call and see what price you get for one all gussied up as they call it. i think you will find i am about 3200.00 cheaper. nuff said

No thanks. I like money too much.

#21 12 years ago

I can easily see someone dropping 6800 on that beauty. I would be tempted but I have 3 or 4 in the que ahead of that title.

Good luck, and feel free to taunt the price police when you cash in for that gorgeous TOTAN.

#22 12 years ago

She's a beauty. Someone will buy it for that I bet. Hard to find and that one is incredible. Heck I would think about it if I hadn't just traded out my entire collection in the past few days.....

#23 12 years ago

Hefty price, but at the same time there is quite a bit in it compared to say what GAP is selling.

Very very nice work.

#24 12 years ago

the mods for totan arent cheap and i am sure all the brass or gold looking stuff wasnt cheap.

#25 12 years ago

Biglaw any chance you can get better pics of it? Looks like just camera phone stuff there.

#26 12 years ago

Got a nice TOTAN which you put to shame. Tell me all the adds you got and where you got them from. I think I'm going to have to upgrade mine...

#27 12 years ago

Just some information in case people don't realize how much mods can be.

I had my TOTAN plated, and it cost a little over 800 bucks. (Legs, apron, side rails, bolts, sword), I did not have the back box hinge or coin door done so I'm sure his is more.

The topper is 250, brass door is 450, and that is not including a clear coated playfield. Low end 500 bucks- high end- a lot more.

Then there is the time- replacing a playfield alone, wow.

Oh, and lets not forget the base machine. 3500-4000?

Add it up and if he sells it significantly cheaper he would probably be upside down.

Just pointing out costs that people might not have considered. Not price guiding it.

Not an average TOTAN - so the price would be higher

#28 12 years ago

TOTAN alone is over 4K in the new Mr Pinball guide. This one is worth whatever a huge TOTAN fan will pay. If I liked that machine more, I would make an offer in that ballpark.

#29 12 years ago

As someone who is in the process of pimping out a TOTAN, I can attest to the fact that stuff adds up really fast on this game. Coincidentally, my sword topper should be arriving in the mail tomorrow. Best topper of any pin, in my opinion. biglaw, your machine looks awesome. Good luck with the sale!

#30 12 years ago

Just some information in case people don't realize how much mods can be.

EXACTLY......
My TAF that I may be selling just may be a TAF so people may think $3500 -$4500. I have nearly $7,000 into it total mods and add-ons. IT is also Clear coated with a Brand new ramp. I will probably not get $7g's I know. But when you add up everything that is awesome about it then someone will pay a higher premium. That's why talking about what a game should cost means nothing based on title.
#1 - Condition, Condition, Condition
#2 - Mods & Add=Ons
#3 - How bad do you want this title with these options.
If not, then look for a regular example of that same game.

IMG_1904.jpgIMG_1904.jpg

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

#1 - Condition, Condition, Condition
#2 - Mods & Add=Ons
#3 - How bad do you want this title with these options.
If not, then look for a regular example of that same game.

I couldnt agree more & by the way thats the best looking TAF pin i have ever seen

#32 12 years ago

That TOTAN is big pimpin. Now we just need Xzibit to put some 22"s and LCD TVs on it.

#33 12 years ago

Thanks. that's why I don't want to sell it..... UGH. I am gonna try to see if I can keep it. Time will tell.

#34 12 years ago

Coaster, if you sell that machine, I will give you 100% of what you paid for that apron + my original, minty fresh one. I want that apron!!!

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Coaster, if you sell that machine, I will give you 100% of what you paid for that apron + my original, minty fresh one. I want that apron!!!

I was just telling CG last night that his apron is the one thing that sets his machine apart from almost any other TAF out there. It looks awesome, and I'm pretty sure it's no longer available due to copyright issues.

#37 12 years ago

The apron is very cool. I wish I could copyright and sell them.

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was just telling CG last night that his apron is the one thing that sets his machine apart from almost any other TAF out there. It looks awesome, and I'm pretty sure it's no longer available due to copyright issues.

I e-mailed the guy that makes these last month, and he wrote back saying that he has been negotiating with Planetary Pinball and hoped to be producing these under license this year - and selling in the US through Planetary. The first ones he claims he has a license for are STTNG and TZ.

#39 12 years ago

I think on the ebay market you could get most of what you are looking for but would need to offer shipping and risk it getting damaged in the process. It is a beautiful TOTAN, for sure! Good luck! You're only trying to sell it once and it isn't like you're pricing out something that is available in unlimited quantities.

#40 12 years ago

modding a pin is like modding a car, ya never get back what ya put into it, learned that on several cars over the years, the best thing ya can do is enjoy it while you have it and then hope to get some $ back on those mods

#41 12 years ago

True Dave

#42 12 years ago

That's a gorgeous TOTAN. If I ever sold my AFM it would be way over the usual price tag due to all the goodies that will be on it. Decent price if you ask for that machine. The right collector will jump all over that. Thanks for showing.

#43 12 years ago

This is a DEAL! I paid more to bring my TOTAN to this level.

#44 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

modding a pin is like modding a car, ya never get back what ya put into it, learned that on several cars over the years, the best thing ya can do is enjoy it while you have it and then hope to get some $ back on those mods

This is my point. CG had a beautiful TOM that he sunk over $6K into and he was only able to sell it for $4,350. He was able to enjoy it while he had it, but in the end knew there was no way he was going to make back all the money he spent on it. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Original Pin Price + Mods + Bling != Price Pin Sells For

That said, Biglaw has every right to ask whatever he wants for his pin. I wish him luck with the sale.

#45 12 years ago

I think $6,800 is pretty good deal for this pimped out pin. Only problem is that not everyone is willing to pay for the pimp treatment.

#46 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

Agreed.. a few mods here and there, but most people even frown when you try to recoup some cost on LED's under the inserts.

That said, this is a nice TOTAN considering the cost of an un-modded one.. and consider all the labour that went into this as well (which people tend to forget)

#47 12 years ago

also remember the price is "OBO"

#48 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

CG had a beautiful TOM that he sunk over $6K into and he was only able to sell it for $4,350. He was able to enjoy it while he had it, but in the end knew there was no way he was going to make back all the money he spent on it.

I agree that there are very few mods that you will get your money back on when you sell the game. Cabinet decals, however, are an exception. Since many people have neither the desire nor skill to properly install new decals themselves, this is one improvement that you probably come out ahead on in the long run.

#49 12 years ago

TOTAN is sold pending pickup

#50 12 years ago

Congrats! Awesome game going to a lucky buyer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 36.95
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tales-of-the-arabian-nights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.