You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th_UncleKevin.jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 11 years ago

nh.craigslist.org link

This is the machine I developed my original mods on. Time to go to make room for other projects. This is a babied machine from a smoke free home. Email for more pics.

New Main ramp
Playfield mylar
Legs
Bookcase base decal
Cousin Itt figurine
TAF TV
Bear kick sign light
Topper light kit
Upgraded speakers and subwoofer
Door bell custom shooter
Phone, vault, knight and locomotive with headlight
Blue chrome flipper buttons
Swamp light
Remote battery holder
Thing box wood decals
Ramp covers (2)
Cliffy electric chair protector
Cabinet protectors flipper and start button
Thing ramp sign
Power magnet fuses

Shipping would be buyers responsibility.

#2 11 years ago

For that price point you should post a link to a picture library.

#4 11 years ago

Will do more pictures soon. Thanks!

#5 11 years ago

Wow! I have bought several great mods from Tom. Thanks for the excellent work! All the best with your sale!

#6 11 years ago

Looking forward to seeing detailed pics. Thanks.

Slightly off topic question, how much risk is there in shipping a pin? Is there much expectation of damage?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Deleau:

Looking forward to seeing detailed pics. Thanks.
Slightly off topic question, how much risk is there in shipping a pin? Is there much expectation of damage?

NAVL they provide insurance and if anything is damaged u submit a claim form they send you a check! I wouldn't expect any damage but wouldnt be surprised either if it wasnt perfect..

#8 11 years ago

Hi Tom,
Am interested. Replied to Craigslist and sent pm.
Thank You
Andy

#10 11 years ago

I can wrap it up, but I cannot crate.

-Tom

1 week later
#11 11 years ago

Sadly for the rest of you (but not for me), this pin is no longer for sale.

Thanks Tom!!!

#12 11 years ago

Shipper will be picking it up Thursday morning. Sad to see it go, I have a lot of history with this game. Glad to know it is going to a good home.

#13 11 years ago

Are the pics on your site to the "mint" game? The game in the pics has a bunch of insert edging and lifting. ????

#14 11 years ago

Oh boy. The price police are never around when you need them.

#15 11 years ago

What did it sell for?

#16 11 years ago

Are the pics on your site to the "mint" game? The game in the pics has a bunch of insert edging and lifting. ????

th_UncleKevin.jpgth_UncleKevin.jpg

#17 11 years ago

That is a great looking 4k Addams right there. Clean.
I guess the tacky Cousit Itt mod adds 2k..

#18 11 years ago

I guess the definition of "mint" is different for some people ... That one sure isn't mint.

Sorry ...

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I guess the definition of "mint" is different for some people ... That one sure isn't mint.
Sorry ...

"Mint" is defined. Would have been more appropriate to use the arbitrary "CQ" which gets tossed around so easily.

1 week later
#20 11 years ago

I did not buy it because of the "mint" descriptor. I bought the machine based on the detailed information, the exceptional communication (email & phone) with the buyer, and most importantly being comfortable with the transaction.

Based on many factors, I decided that this pin was the best (for me) of at least a dozen pins for sale from various places, sites, people. It showed up yesterday in the exact condition it was sent (in no small part to the effort put in by the buyer to create a custom pallet and topper cover), and once I got it inside and setup, it works like a charm.

It was not overpriced because both of us were comfortable with the sale. Were there other pins for less price? Sure, but same condition, same comfort with buyer, same peace of mind for me? Nope. If it was $2k too much like others have insinuated, then it was well worth it for my peace of mind during the whole process.

Tom, thanks again! The pin is wonderful. While waiting on a friend to come help me move it inside, I set it up in my garage (in 105 degree OK heat) and toured the mansion on my 2nd game.

So far the cheesy Cousin Itt has had many more positive respones than negative, so maybe it is worth 2k...

#21 11 years ago

I'm glad you're happy with the pin, Deleau. TAF is a great game!

#22 11 years ago

Nothing like being happy with a purchase then having someone else come in and bad mouth it. Hope you enjoy the pin.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Deleau:

It was not overpriced because both of us were comfortable with the sale. Were there other pins for less price? Sure, but same condition, same comfort with buyer, same peace of mind for me? Nope. If it was $2k too much like others have insinuated, then it was well worth it for my peace of mind during the whole process.

Well said, sir!

#24 11 years ago

Congrats to the seller and buyer! Enjoy your new game!

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from PinRaider:

Nothing like being happy with a purchase then having someone else come in and bad mouth it. Hope you enjoy the pin.

Did anyone do that?

#27 11 years ago

Congrats, man! I miss my TAF, and hope to add another to the collection someday.

#28 11 years ago

Yep

Quoted from rotordave:

Sorry ...

#29 11 years ago

Try this again

Quoted from TaylorVA:

Did anyone do that?

yep

Quoted from rotordave:

Sorry ...

#30 11 years ago

That is nowhere close to mint. And if this machine just went for $6K I have a really nice one I will sell for 7K all day. The description of this game is way more than misleading
If both parties are happy then great but I think the buyer will realize soon enough that it was not a great deal. Just my opinion.

Glad that both parties are happy with the transaction

#31 11 years ago

Two people made a deal, a pin found a good home. What is wrong with that?

Closing thread since transaction is complete, congrats!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 159.00
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-taf-mint-condition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.