image-58.jpg
image-892.jpg
image-185.jpg
image-857.jpg
image-751.jpg
image-760.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hey all,

Okay, let's try this again; first post didn't go through. Player's T2.

Crappy stuff

- insert wear
- cabinet is so-so cosmetically; not going to fall apart, not going to win best in show
- missing the hunter ship
- at least two cracked plastics (slingshot and one to right of Terminator head)
- when I switched from Superbands to red rubber, clearance between the left inlane and the flipper was tight, and caused the flipper to bind; I cut away some of the flipper rubber to deal with this; Superbands are still here and you can use those if you prefer, but wanted you to be aware of the issue
- drop target goes down FAST; sometimes ball blows right past it and hits VUK, then feeds cannon; could be a spring tension issue, but don't write that in stone
- I can't tell if the flippers aren't as punchy as they should be or not; I can make all the shots just fine, but have been playing my Sterns a lot lately, so it could just be the difference in feel between the two?
- I think I need to put a new ring on one of the pops, as one of the threaded ends broke when tightening/adjusting; plays fine, but the issue is there (this is more of a reminder to me to fix it than a notice to others)
- missing plastics surrounding left side of Terminator head and Skynet Labs sign above right ramp

Good stuff

- plays fine; no credit dot
- rebuild DMD HV section
- new DMD
- rebuilt J120/J121 (general illumination) connectors
- rebuilt flippers; looks like I put new flipper coils in as well

Long story short, it's a player's game. No one is going to fool anyone into thinking it's brand new. You have that one buddy who's always hummed and hawed and wants a game but doesn't want to spend an arm and a leg? This is probably going to fall into that category. Nothing special, but I won't really pretend it is.

I bought the game for $1500, threw a new DMD at it which runs about $200, bought some parts and odds and ends (say $75 for flipper rebuild kit, some coils, and a few oddball electronic and hardware parts here and there?). So, I'm into the game for about $1775, let's say my time's worth $100, put it at $1875 Canadian?

I'm going to throw pictures up, but pictures coming from an iPad are finicky, so I'll do those in separate posts...

Luke

#2 9 years ago

Pics 1
image-588.jpgimage-588.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image-939.jpgimage-939.jpgimage-702.jpgimage-702.jpgimage-444.jpgimage-444.jpg

#3 9 years ago

GLWS This is a very refreshing post with all the good and bad pointed out.

#4 9 years ago

Pics 2
image-760.jpgimage-760.jpgimage-751.jpgimage-751.jpgimage-813.jpgimage-813.jpgimage-371.jpgimage-371.jpgimage-857.jpgimage-857.jpgimage-185.jpgimage-185.jpg

#5 9 years ago

GLWTS! Great person and honest seller.

#6 9 years ago

Pics 3image-731.jpgimage-731.jpgimage-793.jpgimage-793.jpgimage-95.jpgimage-95.jpgimage-58.jpgimage-58.jpgimage-966.jpgimage-966.jpgimage-892.jpgimage-892.jpg

#7 9 years ago

image-580.jpgimage-580.jpgimage-440.jpgimage-440.jpgimage-631.jpgimage-631.jpgimage-764.jpgimage-764.jpgimage-796.jpgimage-796.jpgimage-270.jpgimage-270.jpg

#8 9 years ago

I need a bigger basement.

GLWTS!

#9 9 years ago

Just in case the op didn't notice. It has another broken plastic surrounding the right side of the terminator head (players perspective). And it is completely missing two other plastics, the one that surrounds the left side of the terminator head and the "Skynet Labs" sign above the right ramp.

#10 9 years ago

Good price for a player , bump for The night crowd !

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Good price for a player , bump for The night crowd !

Day trip. It's on your wishlist.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Just in case the op didn't notice. It has another broken plastic surrounding the right side of the terminator head (players perspective). And it is completely missing two other plastics, the one that surrounds the left side of the terminator head and the "Skynet Labs" sign above the right ramp.

Hey,

I'll update the post to mention that (I wasn't aware of the missing stuff). In regard to the plastic to the right side of the Terminator's head, I'm not doubting you, but it appears the same as the one here; am I missing something? http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/t2/terminator2_2.jpg

Thanks!

Luke

Edit: Nevermind, you're right. Plastic is cracked at point where it's closest to player. My mistake. Original post has been edited appropriately.

#13 9 years ago

Hahahahaha fire , I'm buying a met premium , my buying days are over for quite a while .

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Hahahahaha fire , I'm buying a met premium , my buying days are over for quite a while .

Roadcase or monsters? I recommend a better sparky plastic before playing the first ball - avoid the airballs!
I also remounted the snake bracket with washers to make the jaw level with the playfield.

Rob

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Hahahahaha fire , I'm buying a met premium , my buying days are over for quite a while

South Sask pinheads are infected. Grats on the NIB!

#16 9 years ago

Roadcase , trying to get the pro translite too . Rob I've quite closely followed your threads .

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Roadcase , trying to get the pro translite too . Rob I've quite closely followed your threads .

The pro translite is very nice and not so noisy as the monsters. Monsters is ok, but perhaps the band members should have been a little more prominent or bigger?

Rob

#18 9 years ago

GLWTS. Wish I was a lot closer.

Tony

#19 9 years ago

Poppa needs a new pair of alligator shoes! Come on, Pinside!

Luke

#20 9 years ago

Surprised it hasn't moved

1 week later
#21 9 years ago

Give me a couple of days and I will think on it... hard to pass on a local deal. I just don't want the girlfriend to kill me.

#22 9 years ago

Thanks Luke, I will give it a good home.

#23 9 years ago

Sold.

#24 9 years ago
#25 9 years ago

Love my T2! Enjoy it!

#26 9 years ago

Congrats on the sale!

#27 9 years ago

Now what are you going to buy?

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.95
$ 9.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-t2-regina-sk-1875-canadian and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.