Okay, let's try this again; first post didn't go through. Player's T2.
- insert wear
- cabinet is so-so cosmetically; not going to fall apart, not going to win best in show
- missing the hunter ship
- at least two cracked plastics (slingshot and one to right of Terminator head)
- when I switched from Superbands to red rubber, clearance between the left inlane and the flipper was tight, and caused the flipper to bind; I cut away some of the flipper rubber to deal with this; Superbands are still here and you can use those if you prefer, but wanted you to be aware of the issue
- drop target goes down FAST; sometimes ball blows right past it and hits VUK, then feeds cannon; could be a spring tension issue, but don't write that in stone
- I can't tell if the flippers aren't as punchy as they should be or not; I can make all the shots just fine, but have been playing my Sterns a lot lately, so it could just be the difference in feel between the two?
- I think I need to put a new ring on one of the pops, as one of the threaded ends broke when tightening/adjusting; plays fine, but the issue is there (this is more of a reminder to me to fix it than a notice to others)
- missing plastics surrounding left side of Terminator head and Skynet Labs sign above right ramp
- plays fine; no credit dot
- rebuild DMD HV section
- new DMD
- rebuilt J120/J121 (general illumination) connectors
- rebuilt flippers; looks like I put new flipper coils in as well
Long story short, it's a player's game. No one is going to fool anyone into thinking it's brand new. You have that one buddy who's always hummed and hawed and wants a game but doesn't want to spend an arm and a leg? This is probably going to fall into that category. Nothing special, but I won't really pretend it is.
I bought the game for $1500, threw a new DMD at it which runs about $200, bought some parts and odds and ends (say $75 for flipper rebuild kit, some coils, and a few oddball electronic and hardware parts here and there?). So, I'm into the game for about $1775, let's say my time's worth $100, put it at $1875 Canadian?
I'm going to throw pictures up, but pictures coming from an iPad are finicky, so I'll do those in separate posts...