FS: SWE1 Kit HUO with box Star Wars Episode One Price Lowered $900

By Shredso

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have a low play home use only SWE1 Kit. The playfield is mint. It comes with original box, translite, a set of slingshot protectors, shooter, manual, and ROMS. I do not have the artwork. Located in West Bridgewater, MA. I am willing to ship.

Ed.

#2 11 years ago

bump. Also willing to trade for another game +/- cash

#4 11 years ago

Price lowered to $1,000. I can also throw in a piece of glass.

#5 11 years ago

1000 for a pinball machine? or just the playfield. i'm confused.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

1000 for a pinball machine? or just the playfield. i'm confused.

SWE1 was sold as both a full cabinet pinball machine and as a conversion kit. The Conversion kit included what was listed above and let you swap out a P2K game with the kit. So If somebody had a Return From Mars, they could actually use this kit to have SWE1 too. Just one at a time.

#7 11 years ago

I just got an RFM and this seems a very reasonable option for me as I'm technically allowed one pinball machine at a time according to my wife. I've known of this conversion kit, but I never really considered "how it works" of course until I got my RFM. My one question is does it take a mental giant to do the swap? Thanks.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from flipperfingers:

My one question is does it take a mental giant to do the swap? Thanks.

Nope, plus you can always get help here.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Price lowered to $1,000. I can also throw in a piece of glass.

What happened to "$1,100 or it goes on eBay"?

#10 11 years ago

Boy that's tempting. I'm putting a NuCore in my RFM, which would make the swap like a 3 minute thing as it detects the playfields automatically and loads the right roms.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

I'm putting a NuCore in my RFM

Hope you already have one purchased, if not your out of luck for awhile check out the Nucore announcement posted recently on the forums

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from pin-tastic:

Hope you already have one purchased, if not your out of luck for awhile check out the Nucore announcement posted recently on the forums

Yeah, I got one of the last 5 that Pinball Life had for sale.

Waiting on my computer parts now from newegg to finish the build. They should arrive tomorrow, so I guess I have a weekend project along with capping the monitor, Atlanta Pinball League on Saturday, and Birthday Party on Sunday.

#13 11 years ago

Instructions for swapping along with lots of other info can be found here.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/pinball2000/mod.html
It's not too bad swapping them. It's a charm with NuCore.

As far as eBay goes, it's looking like it will probably end up there. I figured I would drop the price about what it would cost me to sell it on eBay so you guys could see the savings rather than fee bay. Honestly, I'm not crazy about selling a large ticket item there but they seem to do well. We'll see.

#14 11 years ago

bump

#15 11 years ago

bump

#16 11 years ago

Hey mate i would be keen on buying the playfield, any idea on what it would cost to send to Auckland New Zealand? Thanks, Nick

#17 11 years ago

Is that $1000 shipped or $1000 plus shipping?

#18 11 years ago

$1,000 plus shipping. I've had a ton of interest but shipping cost seems to kill everyone off. The box is roughly 48"x24"x20" and around 90 pounds. It will be shipping from 02379. You can check quotes if you'd like. Fed Ex seems to be around $160 insured everywhere I've checked (with the USA). I was told I should be able to get it shipped for around $100. Let me know if anyone knows how to get this cheaper. There is a thread going around about Uship.com I started to look into it but didn't feel like making an account.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Yeah, I got one of the last 5 that Pinball Life had for sale.
Waiting on my computer parts now from newegg to finish the build. They should arrive tomorrow, so I guess I have a weekend project along with capping the monitor, Atlanta Pinball League on Saturday, and Birthday Party on Sunday.

Just curious what system you went with. I too did some browsing and buying off Newegg for computer parts for my new NuCore.

#20 11 years ago

Do some research on the NuCore forum (bugguyspinball.com). The old version of Ubuntu they use does not work well with the on-board network card that most motherboards use. It made the install pure hell as a matter of fact. Finding a motherboard with a parallel port is already though enough. You may want to have a PCI network card (with a different chipset) lying around in case you run in to the same issues I did.

Once it was up and running it was great.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Just curious what system you went with. I too did some browsing and buying off Newegg for computer parts for my new NuCore.

I bought basically the stuff I've seen them recommend on their forum also from Newegg.
- LITE-ON DVD Burner (Item #: N82E16827106289) $17.99
- AMD Athlon II X2 260 Regor Processor (Item #: N82E16819103873) $59.99
- Foxconn M61PMP-K AM3 NVIDIA MCP61P Motherboard (Item #: N82E16813186189) $44.99
- Refurbished: WD Caviar SE WD2500JB 250GB HD (Item #: N82E16822136096) $39.99
- G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM (Item #: N82E16820231253) $19.99

I already had a big coolmaster Power Supply so I didn't order one of them.

I'm tempted to video tape the whole building process and the options for the screen, audio, etc for the next Pins and Vids DVD in the hopes that they'll start selling them again and the video tutorial will be of help to those trying to build their nucore systems.

#22 11 years ago

I had a Q8400 Intel Core 2 Duo processor from another computer, so I went with the Foxconn Motherboard that supports the Intel cpu. I think they said 4GB was overkill (only need 2GB), but memory is cheap.

I have no experience with Ubuntu, so hopefully this all goes ok.

Video documenting the process would be a splendid idea!

#23 11 years ago

You should also do a section in the vid swapping in a SWE1 playfield. I'll give you a deal on the kit if you mention my name.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

You should also do a section in the vid swapping in a SWE1 playfield. I'll give you a deal on the kit if you mention my name.

I've been seriously considering a kit.

#25 11 years ago

Lowered again to $950 or trade

#26 11 years ago

Hey mate, I will get a shipping price tomorrow with those dimensions and zip code. Thanks, Nick

#27 11 years ago

Lowered to $900

#28 11 years ago

Sold

#29 11 years ago

SWE1 is coming my way, thanks for working with me Ed. Now I wont have to rush putting my RFM playfield back together after its refinished.

#30 11 years ago

Centerflank, I've seen and played on this playfield, it's absolutely mint, congrats!

#31 11 years ago

Thanks tilt, the pictures of it do look pretty awesome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-swe1-kit-huo-with-box-sar-wars-episode-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.