(Topic ID: 99932)

FS: STtNG (the little "t" is so Pinside doesn't accuse me of yelling:-)

By snaroff

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PinFever
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Need to thin the herd. Bought this in March 2011 for $3,200...very nice example. 0 mechanical issues over 3 years. Rock solid. One of the strongest, best playing STTNG's around. I've added ~$2,300 of parts to beautify it:

- All new ramps (Alpha, Beta, Delta, subway). $500
- All new plastics and protectors. $250
- ColorDMD. $400
- PDI non-glare glass. $300
- Shaker motor mod/board $200
- Black Mirror Blades. $150
- Backboard decals and custom painted ships/cannons. $250
- 2 new translites (Original & Alternate). $250
- LED's. $200
- New head decals (not installed). $50

Cabinet is near flawless without fade. One exception: There is a scratch on the right side of the head. I have new head decals that will accompany the pin. I was never motivated to add them, since the scratch is so minor.

Here are a few shots...can definitely take more for someone with serious interest.

http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/snaroff/media/STTNG%20restoration/IMG_8666_zps18222884.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Price is $5,500 OBO. Located in South Florida, but will ship with NAVL.

Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

I do love that alternate translite.

#3 9 years ago

Bump for a nice looking stTng!

#4 9 years ago

Never seen that translite, sweeeeeet!

#5 9 years ago

Here we go. What you have into it. What about the games played and pleasure of having it?

#6 9 years ago

Prob gunna need both of these... .........Joeyimage.jpgimage.jpg

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Here we go. What you have into it. What about the games played and pleasure of having it?

Games played? Pleasure of having it? Amusing. I'll give you a games played & pleasure discount of 0.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Games played? Pleasure of having it? Amusing. I'll give you a games played & pleasure discount of 0.

Don't be a cheapskate, give him twice the discount.

Nice looking pin by the way.

#9 9 years ago

I can hear Dean snaroff Wormer saying slowly,
Your discount is 0.0

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I do love that alternate translite.

Looks even better in person. Gives the pin a more modern look. I spent considerable time playing with the back box lighting...made a huge difference.

Still prefer the gameplay over my STLE, however I've had STTNG for over 3 years and I'm hoping the upcoming STLE software update will improve the situation. Since I need to thin the herd, it's hard to justify keeping 2 Star Trek pins.

#11 9 years ago

On the bright side STTNG has gone up since 2011.

On the downside no one ever recoups their "what I have into it" money.

#12 9 years ago

Any insert wear?

#13 9 years ago

Yea

Quoted from Astropin:

Yea I have put thousands into stuff for my tz but if I ever have to sell I know I won't recoup it as its part of owning a pinball.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I included the prices in the interest of full disclosure. If I didn't include this level of detail, less experienced buyers might be confused at my asking price (which is a tad high for this title). This way, all the features are listed and the buyer knows what they are getting...not everyone is aware of what all the upgrades/mods go for.

The asking price of $5,500 isn't firm, and I did not say I need to sell for "what I have into it". It's clear that if someone wants a 4k example and doesn't care about all the "bells and whistles", this probably isn't the example for them.

Too little info, people squawk...to much info, people squawk. Anyone who appreciates this title & quality know my asking price isn't too far off the mark (in terms of what it's worth). The ColorDMD and PDI glass are highly desirable mods and most folks don't mind paying for them.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Any insert wear?

No, but there is one really small chip on the right of the "Rift" insert. Barely noticeable and doesn't effect ball travel. I can take closeup shots of the PF...it's a beauty.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea

Yea I have put thousands into stuff for my tz but if I ever have to sell I know I won't recoup the it as its part of owning a pinball.

I've bought and sold many pinball machines and know the ropes...sometime you make money, sometimes you lose money, and sometimes you break even. Not too complicated, but thanks for the advice.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I guess it's then fair to say that he can also discount all the hours work he has into it as well. So how bout another 0% off for that? I think it is a great looking machine at a reasonable price with lots of extras. GLWS!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess it's then fair to say that he can also discount all the hours work he has into it as well. So how bout another 0% off for that? I think it is a great looking machine at a reasonable price with lots of extras. GLWS!

Thanks for the support! No doubt that installing all the ramps/plastics is a lot of work.

I think it's an incredible pin/value...the dots and theme integration are best-in-class (especially with the ColorDMD).

#19 9 years ago

Yeah man. After I recently spent countless hours going through my STTNG to bring it back to it's former glory and spending money like you did, there is no way I would even consider selling it for what I originally paid. Parts for this game can add up. One less headache for the next guy to deal with.

I don't mind eating labor or shipping costs when I sell a machine, but I think it's fair to try to break even on parts, as long as the machine is still within market value. Especially if it is now much nicer than before.

#20 9 years ago

Purchase with confidence. I bought a pin off of snaroff just a few weeks ago and it was a super smooth transaction. I couldn't be happier with the game. It's absolutely pristine. snaroff takes great care of his machines. Good luck to whomever purchases this beauty.

Great seller bump.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hey whatever man. I'm lucky if I break even when I trade machines and pretty much never do when I sell......but I'm a "modder".

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Purchase with confidence. I bought a pin off of snaroff just a few weeks ago and it was a super smooth transaction. I couldn't be happier with the game. It's absolutely pristine. snaroff takes great care of his machines. Good luck to whomever purchases this beauty.
Great seller bump.

Thanks Mike! I appreciate the kind words...always a pleasure to sell to collectors/players that appreciate quality.

I forgot to mention the game also includes a shaker motor mod/board...

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't mind eating labor or shipping costs when I sell a machine, but I think it's fair to try to break even on parts, as long as the machine is still within market value. Especially if it is now much nicer than before.

Bingo. Perfectly stated. Smart buyers "get it". Never hurts to have more information and see what parts actually cost...it's easy to forget, and they add up quick. Since the pin had such "good bones" and the purchase price was fair, I decided to invest in this. I wanted it to look as sharp as it plays. The tech who tuned the play did a great job. It's given me trouble free service for over 3 years. It's one of my favorites, so it's no big deal if it doesn't sell.

#24 9 years ago

GLWTS.........Florida........

#25 9 years ago

Stunning, GLWS

#26 9 years ago

While we know the money into a pin doesn't always come out....All the add-ons this game has I'd think would get their money out. Nothing cheesy here. Mostly essential add-ons!

Quoted from snaroff:

- All new ramps (Alpha, Beta, Delta, subway). $500
- All new plastics and protectors. $250
- ColorDMD. $400
- PDI non-glare glass. $300
- Shaker motor mod/board $200
- Black Mirror Blades. $150
- Backboard decals and custom painted ships/cannons. $250 (may not fully get this money out)
- 2 new translites (Original & Alternate). $250
- LED's. $200
- New head decals (not installed). $50
!

#27 9 years ago

Pin is no longer FS...STLE sold first.

#28 9 years ago

You kept the better one anyway .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.99
$ 63.95
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 85.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-sttng-the-little-t-is-so-pinside-doesnt-accuse-me-of-yelling- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.