Inside cab 2.jpg
Speaker panel inside.jpg
Back box 1.jpg
Left cab rear.jpg
Head left.jpg
Glass off 8.jpg
Glass off 3.jpg
Glass off 2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sc204.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Finally finished my STTNG restoration. You can see the full thread on everything that was done including high res pictures of the finished game starting at post 285.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-tng-next-chapter

This is a full restore of an early production or sample game (not a prototype). Head completely redone with new original style decals, No fade to the original artwork on the cabinet. (A few touch-ups were made). Inside of cabinet painted, bottom of cabinet, playfield and inner light panel clear coated for protection. Playfield clear coated with Dupont Chroma clear. New wood rails, new SS side rails, NOS playfield plastics (original Williams not aftermarket) New ramps, Custom painted Borg, Romulan ships and cannons. Hallmark ornaments Romulan, Shuttle and Klingon bird of prey. Third pop bumper cap mod. Edges of plywood on head etc finished to better than new condition. All SS guide rails re-grained, all metal parts buffed and polished. Every mechanism fully taken apart, cleaned repaired if needed. New coil sleeves, fully rebuilt flippers. LEDs in cannons and Borg ship.

All new stickers and labels. Much more that was done, the thread shows everything. Please take a look if interested in the game.

Also included but not shown in the pictures, coin box, Operators manual and schematics manual, Original ships, Dollar bill validator cable, service switch actuator, extra set of new slingshot plastics, New Tech chart which is usually stapled to the inside of the cabinet (I didn't want to put staples into it). Original style cutout Mylar to go in front of the start mission scoop and pop bumper area. ( I will send these with the game or install it if you like)

Prefer local pickup but can ship if needed. NAVL or your preferred shipper as long as insurance is available.

Game History. The game was purchased by a close friend shortly after production and availability of NIB ended. I am pretty sure the game was routed for a little bit or was at least the sample game at Betson's NJ before he bought it. The game has been in his possession since and although has made several moves with him had seen little use in the last 10 year after his kids grew up.

So no it is not HUO and I will not use any other terms to describe it that will likely get me in trouble I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

More finished pictures posted to http://www.angelsonly.com/gallery/

Asking $8500

Front right.jpgFront right.jpg

Glass off 2.jpgGlass off 2.jpg

Glass off 3.jpgGlass off 3.jpg

Head left.jpgHead left.jpg

Back box 1.jpgBack box 1.jpg

Speaker panel inside.jpgSpeaker panel inside.jpg

Inside cab 2.jpgInside cab 2.jpg

under playfield 1.jpgunder playfield 1.jpg

Front.jpgFront.jpg
Glass off 8.jpgGlass off 8.jpg
Left cab rear.jpgLeft cab rear.jpg

#8 9 years ago

I appreciate everyone's comments.
Of course I am not so sure the divorce is really worth it because according to someone I know that was divorced, his comment on the real cost is:
"Half now and the rest over time."

Thanks
and a morning bump

Glass off 13.jpgGlass off 13.jpg

#9 9 years ago

Price dropped.

#10 9 years ago

glass off 10.jpgglass off 10.jpg

#12 9 years ago

Holiday bump.

#14 9 years ago

Taking up space. reasonable offers considered

#17 9 years ago

I appreciate the comments. Hopefully it will go to a good home with loving owners.

puppy.jpgpuppy.jpg

#19 9 years ago

Thank you. Shouldn't be any questions about what was done and what wasn't.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

If only this had been put up for sale around July 2015, and not now when I'm tapped out. Doubt I'll see another one this nice when I'm actually ready to buy.

May still be available Price lowered $8500 Make an offer

#38 9 years ago

I appreciate the discussion, keeps the thread active
I have thought about keeping it and selling the other but that one is HUO Who knows maybe it will come to that. As far as original cost, I do not know what they cost to an operator at the time. Mine cost me $4500 as a non operator. I am sure some additional profit was made.
5K not a chance. 8.5K maybe, maybe not, I am willing to discuss but I am in no real rush.
Who know maybe $10 by Christmas

I appreciate the comments.
Stuart

#85 9 years ago

No not sold yet just a bunch of offers at $2500

#94 9 years ago

Interesting read..... Oh wait a minute it was my thread

Those that read my restore thread know that I started this project to see what I could do, not to make a quick buck. In fact I started this about a year ago I already had a bunch of skills that would make some of the process attainable and I wanted to learn more. I certainly never owned a tumbler before or a buffer on a stand. In fact I didn't know anything about tumblers until I started this. Guess what, I can find lots of new uses for the media tumbler I also like doing "build" threads to document an entire process so others can pick through it and see if there are things that I may have done differently and makes sense to try.

I like my games as pristine as possible which is the reason 3 out of 4 of them were purchased new. Some people don't care as much about condition of the games they play, some people buy and sell and rotate their games frequently. I do not and certainly if I did I would be less inclined to purchase a new game. Last year I just missed buying a local previously HEP restored TZ. I was willing to pay over 9K. I am happy with the one I purchased, but since it is not going anywhere for 10 plus years I would have preferred to spend few thousand more to get what I wanted. Damn you Joe for selling it when you did I doubt he had people knocking down his door to buy it. I also doubt there are more than a couple dozen like it.

And I didn't make the asking price based on the number of hours put into this, in fact I have stated several times that I really give credit to those that can do these quality restorations and still make a living doing it. Like any hobby even at 10K I would be making peanuts for the number of hours involved. And yes this was done as a hobby. It was fun. Does that mean I want to give it away? Of course not, like anyone else I want to try to get the most I can for it. Will I get my asking price? Probably not but I would like to get close to it. If someone wanted to send me a game to do a restore like this, I would say HELL NO! If a friend asked for help with a technique or process with their game restore then I would say of course as it is a fun hobby.

I am not bitching about the responses in the thread in fact as has been stated they keep the thread alive I really appreciate the kind words that many have given and the real offers that have been made.

#109 9 years ago

I want to thank everyone for their comments.
The game is sold. Just have to get it shipped safely.

Stuart

#114 9 years ago

Pinsider in Texas
Not sure they consider themselves, south, west, southwest, or just Texans

#117 9 years ago

Good think that this is no longer a for sale thread!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 63.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 64.99
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sc204.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-sttng-restored?tu=sc204 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.