Inside cab 2.jpg
Speaker panel inside.jpg
Back box 1.jpg
Left cab rear.jpg
Head left.jpg
Glass off 8.jpg
Glass off 3.jpg
Glass off 2.jpg
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

Finally finished my STTNG restoration. You can see the full thread on everything that was done including high res pictures of the finished game starting at post 285.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-tng-next-chapter

This is a full restore of an early production or sample game (not a prototype). Head completely redone with new original style decals, No fade to the original artwork on the cabinet. (A few touch-ups were made). Inside of cabinet painted, bottom of cabinet, playfield and inner light panel clear coated for protection. Playfield clear coated with Dupont Chroma clear. New wood rails, new SS side rails, NOS playfield plastics (original Williams not aftermarket) New ramps, Custom painted Borg, Romulan ships and cannons. Hallmark ornaments Romulan, Shuttle and Klingon bird of prey. Third pop bumper cap mod. Edges of plywood on head etc finished to better than new condition. All SS guide rails re-grained, all metal parts buffed and polished. Every mechanism fully taken apart, cleaned repaired if needed. New coil sleeves, fully rebuilt flippers. LEDs in cannons and Borg ship.

All new stickers and labels. Much more that was done, the thread shows everything. Please take a look if interested in the game.

Also included but not shown in the pictures, coin box, Operators manual and schematics manual, Original ships, Dollar bill validator cable, service switch actuator, extra set of new slingshot plastics, New Tech chart which is usually stapled to the inside of the cabinet (I didn't want to put staples into it). Original style cutout Mylar to go in front of the start mission scoop and pop bumper area. ( I will send these with the game or install it if you like)

Prefer local pickup but can ship if needed. NAVL or your preferred shipper as long as insurance is available.

Game History. The game was purchased by a close friend shortly after production and availability of NIB ended. I am pretty sure the game was routed for a little bit or was at least the sample game at Betson's NJ before he bought it. The game has been in his possession since and although has made several moves with him had seen little use in the last 10 year after his kids grew up.

So no it is not HUO and I will not use any other terms to describe it that will likely get me in trouble I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

More finished pictures posted to http://www.angelsonly.com/gallery/

Asking $8500

Front right.jpgFront right.jpg

Glass off 2.jpgGlass off 2.jpg

Glass off 3.jpgGlass off 3.jpg

Head left.jpgHead left.jpg

Back box 1.jpgBack box 1.jpg

Speaker panel inside.jpgSpeaker panel inside.jpg

Inside cab 2.jpgInside cab 2.jpg

under playfield 1.jpgunder playfield 1.jpg

Front.jpgFront.jpg
Glass off 8.jpgGlass off 8.jpg
Left cab rear.jpgLeft cab rear.jpg

#2 9 years ago

post-42872-Star-Trek-sweet-Jesus-gif-imgu-zZks.gifpost-42872-Star-Trek-sweet-Jesus-gif-imgu-zZks.gif
#3 9 years ago

That is one, awesome STTNG! GLWS!

If anyone doubts the craftsmanship and hours put into this machine, have a look through his restoration thread. Everything on this machine is better than new!

#4 9 years ago

What a beauty!

#5 9 years ago

Hope my restoration turns out this nice. Either way it's staying home. GLWS!

#6 9 years ago

Whoa! My 3 small children would love to play right next to that game (!)...

GLWTS. beautiful..

#7 9 years ago

CQ STNNG = $ 9500
+
Divorce = $$$$$$

=
Still worth it

#8 9 years ago

I appreciate everyone's comments.
Of course I am not so sure the divorce is really worth it because according to someone I know that was divorced, his comment on the real cost is:
"Half now and the rest over time."

Thanks
and a morning bump

Glass off 13.jpgGlass off 13.jpg

#9 9 years ago

Price dropped.

#10 9 years ago

glass off 10.jpgglass off 10.jpg

#11 9 years ago

Bump for one super SHINY STTNG!

#12 9 years ago

Holiday bump.

#13 9 years ago

Looks awesome. Good luck with the sale.

#14 9 years ago

Taking up space. reasonable offers considered

#15 9 years ago

Pretty sweet looking

#16 9 years ago

I've followed this fs thread and the previous restoration thread. This machine is the most beautiful sttng I have ever seen and I agree with you -- you shouldn't use the term "HUO".

I think more apro po would be "better than HUO".. Simply stunning

#17 9 years ago

I appreciate the comments. Hopefully it will go to a good home with loving owners.

puppy.jpgpuppy.jpg

#18 9 years ago

GLWS! It's great that the buyer will have the restoration process documented here on Pinside. Piece of mind and certainty about the thoroughness of the restore ought to be worth a lot.

#19 9 years ago

Thank you. Shouldn't be any questions about what was done and what wasn't.

#20 9 years ago

this was a great restoration thread, immaculate job. I was looking forward to seeing it go to a new home and hearing someone gush about it. best of luck Im eager to see where it ends up

#21 9 years ago

If only this had been put up for sale around July 2015, and not now when I'm tapped out. Doubt I'll see another one this nice when I'm actually ready to buy.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

If only this had been put up for sale around July 2015, and not now when I'm tapped out. Doubt I'll see another one this nice when I'm actually ready to buy.

May still be available Price lowered $8500 Make an offer

#23 9 years ago

My favorite part about this restoration is for the most part it isn't 'blinged out' with gaudy colors or add-ons. Looks like a really pristine 'stock' game, except for the interior painted cab, which I think is the way to go when restoring.

#24 9 years ago

This is such a fantastic restoration. I keep coming back to look again. If only our dollar hadn't crashed so much. Truly amazing work and attention to detail.

#25 9 years ago

what a great restore job, Op.

I've been a little bummed that ever since the Stern Star Trek themed machine came out I keep seeing these STTNG's for sale and at shows for low-ish prices and and even lower quality. As if somehow the games are related

Nice to see one in such wonderful condition. Well done!!

#26 9 years ago

I would love a STTNG but don't see this moving at the price. 5k tops IMO

#27 9 years ago

Really!! All that work for 5K.

#28 9 years ago

I'm not knocking the game or work put into it but 8500 seems high. I've passsd up pretty nice examples of this title for half the money. The game new was only 3000 but now it's 20 years old for 5500 more?

#29 9 years ago

I agree, great looking restore job, I'd keep that one if I were you and sell the other one you have. Should be much easier to move.

#30 9 years ago

I would be interested but could not deal with shipment of something this valuable. Too much could go wrong. If you ever do a road trip to Florida.....

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I'm not knocking the game or work put into it but 8500 seems high. I've passsd up pretty nice examples of this title for half the money. The game new was only 3000 but now it's 20 years old for 5500 more?

Price is always tricky isn't it? I'd say the equation would be something like ($Original Retail - $Mileage +$Mods *.75 ) x $Some Completely Random number comprised of condition, number made, price of tea in China, $Buyer's memories playing the machine, $Available Space in Seller's Rec Room

They do go for $3600 in 5 out of 10, off-route condition pretty commonly.

I paid $5500 for mine. If the Op's is a 10 out of 10, mine was probably an 8.5 out of 10 before I went to work on it. I think he'll eventually get close to what he's asking, it'll just take the right collector, someone looking for a perfect-condition machine. Just my two cents, anyway.

It's still always nice to see the result of peoples' hard work giving good pins some love.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I would love a STTNG but don't see this moving at the price. 5k tops IMO

$5k is absolutely not the top for a fully restored STTNG like this. ~$4500 is the average asking price for a good one these days, and this is several major notches above good to put it mildly. the market is what it is, not what you wish it was, nor what you think it ought to be.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

The game new was only 3000 but now it's 20 years old for 5500 more?

what it cost in 1993 could not be more irrelevant.

#34 9 years ago

I don't really see anyone tripping over themselves wanting to buy this at the current price. Seriously, 8500? The boards are still 25 years old as well as most mechanical parts im sure. I'd expect new everything for the price instead of some black paint and decals.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

$5k is absolutely not the top for a fully restored STTNG like this. ~$4500 is the average asking price for a good one these days, and this is several major notches above good to put it mildly. the market is what it is, not what you wish it was, nor what you think it ought to be.

What market? Show me a STTNG that has sold for 9000.00

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

What market? Show me a STTNG that has sold for 9000.00

you said the top was $5k for a well-documented full restoration, that is what i was disputing.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

you said the top was $5k for a well-documented full restoration, that is what i was disputing.

Fair enough. Either way it's a sweet looking game do who ever ends up with it should be happy.

#38 9 years ago

I appreciate the discussion, keeps the thread active
I have thought about keeping it and selling the other but that one is HUO Who knows maybe it will come to that. As far as original cost, I do not know what they cost to an operator at the time. Mine cost me $4500 as a non operator. I am sure some additional profit was made.
5K not a chance. 8.5K maybe, maybe not, I am willing to discuss but I am in no real rush.
Who know maybe $10 by Christmas

I appreciate the comments.
Stuart

#39 9 years ago

I would pay $7000 for this pin so for someone to offer $5000 is way out of line.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I would pay $7000 for this pin so for someone to offer $5000 is way out of line.

I agree, I wish he were closer so I could have him do the same for my existing STTNG. How many hours total of labor do you think went into this? if you do the math it's not unreasonable for those of us without this skill set.

#41 9 years ago

Morning bump for a great looking STTNG.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from sc204:

Who know maybe $10 by Christmas

Stuart

Sold! PM sent

I'll even tip ya an additional $10 and just throw you a $20 cuz I am a nice guy.

#43 9 years ago

Good luck, but you've got stiff competition in the $8k-$9k range. NIB MMR. NIB TBL. NIB Hobbit. NIB Stern LE + $1000 change. MM. MB. Etc. IMO $6500-$7000 may be top end on this one.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I have to disagree here. 4500 is not average for STTNG. 2500-3000 is still pretty common. But CQ, HUO and restored examples go for double, triple and some cases quad of normal price. So it very well could sell for $8500 for the right person. Again, like the Tron LE FS post. I think it's all just timing. Try again during tax return time, and I think you will do better.

Game looks great.

#45 9 years ago

Neo you son of a bitch.

Show me a $2500-3000 sttng in 2015 and I'll you show you one nasty-ass sttng with rust, missing parts, and huge swaths of playfield wear. Namely a game that either doesn't exist or nobody would want.

Why do you insist on this buffoonery, year after year, decade after decade?

I will say we've seen several very nice sttngs move at 3500-4000 around here recently. Very nice ones.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Neo you son of a bitch.
Show me a $2500-3000 sttng in 2015 and I'll you show you one nasty-ass sttng with rust, missing parts, and huge swaths of playfield wear. Namely a game that either doesn't exist or nobody would want.
Why do you insist on this buffoonery, year after year, decade after decade?
I will say we've seen several very nice sttngs move at 3500-4000 around here recently. Very nice ones.

Maybe over by you. Over here, that's not the case. Very nice STTNGS, are not the same as average STTNGS. If people are paying 3500-4k for "very Nice" ones, why would you disagree on average ones being 2500-3k?

And that's even over by you, which is more expensive than over here.

#47 9 years ago

Yeah right. You've been shoveling this "maybe over by you" horseshit since Clinton was president.

You still getting $3500 MMs "over by you?"

Where the hell do you live anyway? I'm looking to stock up on these half price pins you've been feasting on since the spice girls were on the charts.

And yes, very nice ones have been going for $3500-4000. That doesn't mean you can find crappy ones cheaper. There generally ARENT crappy ones available. But you know that. The "average" on this table is very nice.

The fact is you are simply lying. There aren't ANY $2500 sttngs trading wherever the hell you live, at least not since 2010.

#48 9 years ago

still didn't answer my question. If you see nice examples going for $3500-4k. Why do you think it's so unbelievable for average condition ones to be $2500-3k? Is it really that unrealistic that it's the deal of the century to find a players machine for $2500-3k? My dad sold a pretty nice one not to long ago for $2450. Took a bit to sell it at that. No where near as nice is this one is, but it wasn't restored either.

#49 9 years ago

Your dad should join pinside. His game would have sold in 2 seconds here.

You should join an insane asylum. Your pathological lying about pricing "over by you" over the past decade or so is symptomatic of mental illness.

#50 9 years ago

So tell me again why $2500-3000 for an average players STTNG so unreasonable?

btw he is on here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.99
$ 85.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 63.95
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-sttng-restored and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.