Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1020956.JPG
P1020948.JPG
P1020944.JPG
P1020967.JPG
P1020982.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks. Also notice the fancy shooter lane wire form exit is much too high (not installed properly). Also, the pole to the right of the missing Delta Lane chunk is much too long (looks like some adhoc parts were used). Both of these I imagine are easy to fix, however it indicates whoever has worked on the pin wasn't first rate.

It doesn't bother me nearly as much that the ramp is broke (they pretty much all are unless they've been replaced...God knows mine are all broke but still perfectly functional), as it does that he blatantly lied about it. There's just no way he could have missed that, especially with how jagged the break is, even if he didn't know how it was supposed to look. I sure hope it was an honest oversite, but buyer beware on this one...

Maybe it's all a misunderstanding and he has replaced the ramp since the pics were taken?

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I met kvan99 and looked at the machine last week. Only spent 30 minutes with him, but based on my interactions with him, I'm fairly certain he didn't blatantly lie about it. Whoever worked on the pin (I believe prior to his purchasing it), smoothed the edges so that it didn't look like a crack...it just looks odd (which is what caught my attention).
From my perspective, kvan99 seems like a "straight up" guy who just doesn't concern himself with some of the details that many of us do. I only collect high-end examples, so I believe I'm more experienced than he is @ appraising a pins condition. As you know, these ramps are readily available if you think it needs replacing.
Again, I'm fairly confident he intended no harm. I believe he's actually mad at me now for alerting people to the ramp issue. Oh well...can't make everyone happy I do feel kvan99 should have updated his listing after learning about some of the issues I discussed with him.
I just think it's so critical for sellers to accurately represent their pin. If a seller says the ramps are 100% and have no cracks, they should be in a position to verify the assertion. Remote purchases are stressful and these pins aren't cheap.

Editing out a few of my comments that could be taken as slinging mud at the OP. It appears everything is out in the open now and it was all just an oversite. Best of luck with the sale.

#35 11 years ago

No hate here. Glad it's in the open and just an honest mistake. In my opinion, as Frax said, even with broken ramps it's worth every penny. Fantastic job on those ships and cannons! Great game that is finally selling for what it's worth and this looks like a nice example for the money. Best of luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 63.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 64.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-sttng-in-fl-nicely-moded-3500?tu=jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.