Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Jediturtle
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1020956.JPG
P1020948.JPG
P1020944.JPG
P1020967.JPG
P1020982.JPG

#1 6 years ago

Hi Folks, I'm selling my very minty STTNG...It has been in a private home in for more than 10 years..The PF is excellent no wear (the neutral zone hole has a nick on the side, needs cliffy). The cabinet is close to excellent, the head has some minor scratches on the side. Lots of mods.. I have added LEDs topside, I have the painted the Borg ship (thanks to machine.slave at RGP) and I've added green LED flashers to it, also I've painted the cannons and added dome lenses to them...installed joeraptors STTNG interior panel to the backboard. Lastly, I've painted the Romulan ship a cool metallic green. I've also added the third pop bumper cap. There are some extras I'm including: I also bought a Hallmark Romulan ship and brand new sling plastics that I bought but never installed. On the technical side the machine works and plays excellent..DMD is bright with no missing segments. I'm asking $3500, I will help with any shipping assistance you may need. If you have any questions please contact me. Help me keep it off ebay Thanks

PS: I will post more pics on photobucket

P1020982.JPG P1020967.JPG P1020944.JPG P1020948.JPG P1020956.JPG

#2 6 years ago

Around here, that game would be sold faster than you can say "Make it so!"

#3 6 years ago

Email me...I'm interested. Crains5185@gmail.com

#4 6 years ago

That looks super nice! I'm sure it'll sell quick.

#5 6 years ago

All the good deals are in FL!

#6 6 years ago

Is that the backboard decal that JoeRaptor was selling?

Looks nice, should go fast.

#7 6 years ago

Thanks all for the kind words and comments.

#8 6 years ago

More pics and link updated.

#9 6 years ago

Unfortunately I had to back out of the transaction due to a personal situation. This had nothing to do with the machine and I hate to let it go. Good luck Kamran, but I know it will sell soon. It's a very nice machine.

#10 6 years ago

More pics added...

#11 6 years ago

Did you contact Sylvan_Glade?

#12 6 years ago

If your going to York let me know.

#13 6 years ago

Bump for a great looking machine!

Good luck on your sale!

-M

#14 6 years ago

Really nice job on the Borg ship.

#15 6 years ago

Hello are you willing to ship to Winnipeg Canada, I will cover all shipping costs?

That's a great looking machine!

#16 6 years ago

Interesting to see people's opinions of "Minty" and i never understood why people say its been in a home for xx years but not how long it was routed.. condition is condition...

That said - the game playfield certainly looks nice!, i love the mods especially the cannons.. dont think i have ever seen those done so well..

Would be nice to know if the ramp entrances are cracked or broken, they are expensive to replace.

#17 6 years ago

Just to clarify...the ramps are 100% in tact, no cracks, nothing broken.

#18 6 years ago

Post edited by JoeJet : ramp busted.

2 weeks later
#19 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Just to clarify...the ramps are 100% in tact, no cracks, nothing broken.

The Delta ramp has a big chuck taken out on the right entrance.

#20 6 years ago

Where in FL?

#21 6 years ago

The only thing it's missing is the Klingon Style mod!

#22 6 years ago

Where in FL are you located? If in the panhandle area, I am interested.

Mike

#23 6 years ago

Love love love STTNG. Someone grab it!

#24 6 years ago

Sorry forgot to mention its located in Miami.....

#25 6 years ago

It's mainly the location that has held me back. Still...

#26 6 years ago

Should the targets break is there a way I can replace them? Sorry to ask questions in your for sale thread but I'm interested. However, they look a little brittle from what I can tell.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The Delta ramp has a big chuck taken out on the right entrance.

WTF? Nice catch...Wonder now if the others are equally trashed.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Should the targets break is there a way I can replace them? Sorry to ask questions in your for sale thread but I'm interested. However, they look a little brittle from what I can tell.

All targets on all pins are easily replaced.. and generally not brittle.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

WTF? Nice catch...Wonder now if the others are equally trashed.

Thanks. Also notice the fancy shooter lane wire form exit is much too high (not installed properly). Also, the pole to the right of the missing Delta Lane chunk is much too long (looks like some adhoc parts were used). Both of these I imagine are easy to fix, however it indicates whoever has worked on the pin wasn't first rate.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks. Also notice the fancy shooter lane wire form exit is much too high (not installed properly). Also, the pole to the right of the missing Delta Lane chunk is much too long (looks like some adhoc parts were used). Both of these I imagine are easy to fix, however it indicates whoever has worked on the pin wasn't first rate.

It doesn't bother me nearly as much that the ramp is broke (they pretty much all are unless they've been replaced...God knows mine are all broke but still perfectly functional), as it does that he blatantly lied about it. There's just no way he could have missed that, especially with how jagged the break is, even if he didn't know how it was supposed to look. I sure hope it was an honest oversite, but buyer beware on this one...

Maybe it's all a misunderstanding and he has replaced the ramp since the pics were taken?

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It doesn't bother me nearly as much that the ramp is broke (they pretty much all are unless they've been replaced...God knows mine are all broke but still perfectly functional), as it does that he blatantly lied about it. There's just no way he could have missed that, especially with how jagged the break is, even if he didn't know how it was supposed to look. I sure hope it was an honest oversite, but buyer beware on this one...
Maybe it's all a misunderstanding and he has replaced the ramp since the pics were taken?

I met kvan99 and looked at the machine last week. Only spent 30 minutes with him, but based on my interactions with him, I'm fairly certain he didn't blatantly lie about it. Whoever worked on the pin (I believe prior to his purchasing it), smoothed the edges so that it didn't look like a crack...it just looks odd (which is what caught my attention).

From my perspective, kvan99 seems like a "straight up" guy who just doesn't concern himself with some of the details that many of us do. I only collect high-end examples, so I believe I'm more experienced than he is @ appraising a pins condition. As you know, these ramps are readily available if you think it needs replacing.

Again, I'm fairly confident he intended no harm. I believe he's actually mad at me now for alerting people to the ramp issue. Oh well...can't make everyone happy I do feel kvan99 should have updated his listing after learning about some of the issues I discussed with him.

I just think it's so critical for sellers to accurately represent their pin. If a seller says the ramps are 100% and have no cracks, they should be in a position to verify the assertion. Remote purchases are stressful and these pins aren't cheap.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I met kvan99 and looked at the machine last week. Only spent 30 minutes with him, but based on my interactions with him, I'm fairly certain he didn't blatantly lie about it. Whoever worked on the pin (I believe prior to his purchasing it), smoothed the edges so that it didn't look like a crack...it just looks odd (which is what caught my attention).
From my perspective, kvan99 seems like a "straight up" guy who just doesn't concern himself with some of the details that many of us do. I only collect high-end examples, so I believe I'm more experienced than he is @ appraising a pins condition. As you know, these ramps are readily available if you think it needs replacing.
Again, I'm fairly confident he intended no harm. I believe he's actually mad at me now for alerting people to the ramp issue. Oh well...can't make everyone happy I do feel kvan99 should have updated his listing after learning about some of the issues I discussed with him.
I just think it's so critical for sellers to accurately represent their pin. If a seller says the ramps are 100% and have no cracks, they should be in a position to verify the assertion. Remote purchases are stressful and these pins aren't cheap.

Editing out a few of my comments that could be taken as slinging mud at the OP. It appears everything is out in the open now and it was all just an oversite. Best of luck with the sale.

#33 6 years ago

Well Steve, I thank you for posting the whole story, for what it's worth I honestly did not know the edge on the ramp was anything but factory. I did post picture of everything including the ramp in question 3 weeks ago, and when we met last Saturday we were scratching our heads trying to figure out if indeed someone had done some work to it or not...but in anycase I believe in 100 % disclosure so I apoligize for the mishap.

#34 6 years ago

I sold mine for 3800 with all three ramps broken. They all had metal protectors cut from siderail/steel, but regardless they were all broken. Mine also had decal damage on both sides of the head. I think between my machine and this one, the differences between what I had done to mine probably made it worth the little bit more, but the work he's done on the ships far outweighs having to buy one ramp, if you like the look.

If the others have no damage and are saveable with the protectors, then to heck with the haters at this point. It's been brought out in the open now, and if the rest of the game is as described, it's still worth the price. It may take him a while to sell it, but that's my two cents. Mine was up for sale for a month and a half.

#35 6 years ago

No hate here. Glad it's in the open and just an honest mistake. In my opinion, as Frax said, even with broken ramps it's worth every penny. Fantastic job on those ships and cannons! Great game that is finally selling for what it's worth and this looks like a nice example for the money. Best of luck!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wrentham, MA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 49.95
Playfield - Plastics
MicksPinball
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Orlando, FL
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 279.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside