6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by annointed
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tron-revA-vs-revB-shakers.png

#1 6 years ago

So I am Soft Opening our new website with a little deal for Pinsiders,

Stern Shaker Motors 169.19 Shipped! If you buy 2 or More the Second + are $160.20

Limit of 10 of These that I have In stock.

Take a look around the website and let me know if you see any bugs and such. Working on a Couple of things for Pinsiders on the site.

« Content only visible to registered Pinsiders »

Shakers are under Parts and Service, and Pinball Parts
    http://www.gameexchangeofcolorado.com

To add more then one, add one to your cart with the 9.99 Shipping the come back and add more with the $1 shipping option.

Remember the pricing you see on the website new or Used isnt the price pinsiders Pay, You guys get a health discount.

JJ

#2 6 years ago

Do you ship to canada and if so how much?

#3 6 years ago

Well, I clicked on your showroom to see pics and IMGUR most viral pics of the day sorted by popularity came up...

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

Well, I clicked on your showroom to see pics and IMGUR most viral pics of the day sorted by popularity came up...

Woops.. Wonder whats causing that.. Will fix

#5 6 years ago

Ordered one! Thanks!!

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

Quoted from Gexchange:

Woops.. Wonder whats causing that.. Will fix

Seems to be working properly now....

#7 6 years ago

What IS a shaker motor? It would be nice if someone explained it. Why would anyone want their machine to shake?

#8 6 years ago

I can't get my order to go through? keep getting this message:

Error from gateway:

Street address does not match, but 5-digit postal code matches.

Everything is entered correct, also tried on both IE and Firefox.

PayPal would be nice.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from cheesewhisperer:

What IS a shaker motor? It would be nice if someone explained it. Why would anyone want their machine to shake?

Shaker Motors were used in Data East & newer Stern games. It bolts to the cabinet and hooks into the software. It "Shakes" everytime a switch or action is triggered that is programmed within the game.

For example, it shakes on Spiderman when you defeat Sandman while he sinks into the playfield or when Sparky gets fried on Metallica. Pretty much every game Tron forward supports them standard now.e.t.c.

#10 6 years ago

Weird, cc company called, this transaction triggered a fraud alert? Even with cc company on phone, they couldn't get it to go through. Changed card and it worked.

Thanks JJ!

Oh yeah, PayPal would be nice~

#11 6 years ago

We decided aginst PayPal, fees are just to high and they are a pain to deal with. I saw the errors on your card it showed due to your address not matching, I reduced the security threshold try it now.

Quoted from Boondocker:

I can't get my order to go through? keep getting this message:
    Error from gateway:
    Street address does not match, but 5-digit
    postal code matches.
    Everything is entered correct, also tried on both IE and Firefox.
    PayPal would be nice.

#12 6 years ago

Agreed, PayPal sticks it to the seller. I just always have a PayPal balance to burn.

#13 6 years ago

Any reason why I keep getting ''transaction declined" error

#14 6 years ago

Ordered. Thanks JJ!

#15 6 years ago

What a great deal, I could not resist picking one up. Thanks JJ. Nice looking site, easy to navigate and I sure do appreciate having the option of paying by check.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Any reason why I keep getting ''transaction declined" error

Pm me your name, I will look and see. The Credit card system uses address verification and the CVV code info.

#17 6 years ago

Ha. I just got a 'security check' email from the CC company. I've had that card for 10+ years and never had that happen

I used another so all is fine

Quoted from Gexchange:

Pm me your name, I will look and see. The Credit card system uses address verification and the CVV code info.

#18 6 years ago

Shows sold out?

#19 6 years ago

I guess there were only a total of 10 avail... Didn't see that at first..

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I guess there were only a total of 10 avail... Didn't see that at first..

Yep, I'm working on getting more. But Keep watching, I will come up with a few other offers as well.

JJ

#21 6 years ago

Late to the dance and they are sold out? Damn.

#22 6 years ago

are they Rev A or Rev B shakers ? I'm told there's a difference...

tron-revA-vs-revB-shakers.png

#23 6 years ago

Crap I have a job and missed it.

#24 6 years ago

Please pm me if you get more. Thanks Gexchange/JJ

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

are they Rev A or Rev B shakers ? I'm told there's a difference...

tron-revA-vs-revB-shakers.png 399 KB

Fresh Stock, But The boards have a different number on them and Say Rev A on them. So I think Stern has moved to an different shaker board again. The box they come in is smaller too

JJ

#26 6 years ago

I'm always a day late and a dollar short.

#28 6 years ago

My LOTR wants a shaker

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from annointed:

My LOTR wants a shaker

Call and speak with Terry for your LOTR you will need the rom too

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Call and speak with Terry for your LOTR you will need the rom too

Oddly enough, I have the rom already, thanks to the previous owner including it when I bought the pin. I just ordered the actual motor thanks to shakethatmachine's post, though, along with a boatload of other items, which I tend to do once I'm on their site.

JJ is top-notch too, though. I have had great experiences with him and look forward to seeing them expand their offerings as well.

#31 6 years ago

this ends up being about 8 bucks more expensive. or if you buy 2+ about 16 bucks more each

JJ

#32 6 years ago

I'm going to try and run a few more deals over the next few weeks. Any Suggestions for other deals I can run? Not all of them will be feasible, but I will look at them and see if they are. Post up let me know what you are thinking. I have my next Deal Already in my head But after that I got nothing.

JJ

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

this ends up being about 8 bucks more expensive. or if you buy 2+ about 16 bucks more each

Blow the doors off JJ, undercut PBL by another 20% so I can order 2shakers.

#34 6 years ago

Damn, all sold out

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Blow the doors off JJ, undercut PBL by another 20% so I can order 2shakers.

Lol Pinball Life does a great job, a good portion of the parts we stock for pinballs come from PBL, So I won't be beating PBL's prices anytime soon when it comes to most parts. But as I find opportunities to give Pinside a deal or two you all know I will.

Ive got one more up my sleeve today I will post later.

JJ

#36 6 years ago

I just ordered a shaker from PBL Monday for my SM that I have coming.... I'm going to have to keep an eye for this next deal so I don't miss out.

#37 6 years ago

I did find out that these are the latest design by Stern. They have added an extra ground to the board.

So Rev B is now Old Rev A of these boards is the new!

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from annointed:

Oddly enough, I have the rom already, thanks to the previous owner including it when I bought the pin. I just ordered the actual motor thanks to shakethatmachine's post, though, along with a boatload of other items, which I tend to do once I'm on their site.
    JJ is top-notch too, though. I have had great experiences with him and look forward to seeing them expand their offerings as well.

The ROM is one thing but you'll also need the PAL chip. Pinbits used to carry it, but not sure if they still do.

#39 6 years ago

What additional parts would I need to make one of these work with my AFM?

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from yonkiman:

You would need a Different kit.. AFM isnt set up for a shaker motor so you have to buy Pinbits kit

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=389

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from yonkiman:

Some wire harness and ground to tap into the flashers. Integrated with the bank target assembly . There is more to it than that . But that is the idea.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from LilRocky:

The ROM is one thing but you'll also need the PAL chip. Pinbits used to carry it, but not sure if they still do.

Fortunately I have the PAL chip. The previous owner did everything but actually buy and install the shaker motor, from the looks of it.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside