New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 80994)

FS: Spectrum in lower Michigan...

By Dayhuff

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0073.JPG
IMG_0052.JPG
IMG_0051.JPG
IMG_0050.JPG
IMG_0047.JPG
IMG_0046.JPG

#1 6 years ago

Here's one you dont see for sale everyday. Bally's Spectrum made in 1982 and is based on the board game Mastermind for those that dont know. This game I've owned in my collection for the last 13 years and its always been a 100% working game with the original MPU and very nice displays. I did install a new battery off the board back then and its still fine today. I never shopped the game out totally but did clean things were I could reach and did take off the larger plastics to get to those other hard to reach area's. Sounds and speach work fine as well. This is number 759 of only 994 produced. I've attached some pictures but sorry, no pictures of the shooter lane.
Looking for $1500 cash and carry.

Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

IMG_0046.JPG IMG_0047.JPG IMG_0050.JPG IMG_0051.JPG IMG_0052.JPG IMG_0073.JPG
#2 6 years ago

One of my all time favorite games, If you were only closer. GLWTS.

#3 6 years ago

Wow, count me out!

#4 6 years ago

Played it at the fall party. One of the most unique games ever. Cool sounds, too...

It is rare to see in any condition. John's is the only one I've ever seen, in fact.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

Wow, count me out!

Maybe if you sell your POTO you can get this.

John - GLWTS. Spectrum is a misunderstood but really cool game.

Chris

#6 6 years ago

I have owned two of these. The first one I had for many years. It's a very cool game if you take the time to learn the rules.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

Wow, count me out!

You were never in !!

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from louknees:

One of my all time favorite games, If you were only closer. GLWTS.

I can ship this game, or any game as far as that goes.

John P.Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I have owned two of these. The first one I had for many years. It's a very cool game if you take the time to learn the rules.

Exactly, the key to getting great scores on this game is to slow yourself down and THINK about whats happening on the playfield. My highest is 1.9 million.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#10 6 years ago

Lol silver unicorn, Jon went on my post and did me wrong like that by posting "wow, count me out" so if I was never In here then same to you john.

#11 6 years ago

One of the coolest pinballs ever made. I'm lucky to own one as well. We play it here all the time. Can be great fun or an absolute ass kicking - and often both. My High Score is 2.2M - not sure I'll ever beat it.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

Lol silver unicorn, Jon went on my post and did me wrong like that by posting "wow, count me out" so if I was never In here then same to you john.

Thanks for the bump Pinwow, or whatever your name is. Anyways, I was only saying it because I had PM you and I was just letting you know that for that price I was not interested and I'm sure someone will buy it off you. Dont take it so serious, its only pinball.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#13 6 years ago

Lol, john. The spectrum looks very clean and should sell to someone quick...... Maybe a quick sale art he Ohio show?
Thanks

#14 6 years ago

Spectrum is a cool game... I own one since 2012 and I am still in love. Beautiful pin with a unique layout and set of rule. You need skill - absence of outlanes does not make it easier !
Inventor of the 1-ball multiball you would need to play one to understand what I mean!

Not everyone like it and I am not always in the mood to play it. I would not recommend it as a single pin in a house. But in a 5+ pin lineup it adds variety and a unique flavor.

GLWS

#15 6 years ago

Tons of interest and questions, some lower then I'd like offers.......but so far nothing set in stone.

Thanks,
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#16 6 years ago

Wish you were closer.

....oh, wait. You are.

Spectrum is SUCH an awesome game. One of my favorites from that era.

Pete

#17 6 years ago

Todd Tuckey has a real nice video on YouTube explaining the rules. For anyone who is interested. GLWS

#18 6 years ago

GLWS John

#19 6 years ago

it says in the bally book that spectrum game 759 was made on july 3rd which was a Friday right before the holiday weekend. if it were made any other day I would buy it in a heart beat. but not 759. no sir.
good luck, kruz

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

With all due respect, it wasn't just John shocked at your $3700 asking price on that Shadow. You make the guys in Bay City look like their asking prices are a bargain.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

it says in the bally book that spectrum game 759 was made on july 3rd which was a Friday right before the holiday weekend. if it were made any other day I would buy it in a heart beat. but not 759. no sir.
good luck, kruz

I'm pretty sure that if it was made shoddily, it would have blown up decades ago.

=)

I've been playing this game at John's for over a decade now. It has never had any issues, and has always been rock-solid. That thing is a tank!

I'm guessing the patriotic folk at Bally knew to give it their absolute best...every day.

Pete

#22 6 years ago

I keep coming back to look at this machine. She's a beauty.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

good luck, kruz

RotflmFao!!
Dang Ron, now that was funny right there!
And..another bump fer John!
-David Doney

#24 6 years ago

pete didn't get my joke. lowbrow pin humor

#26 6 years ago

The bally book?? pete, step away from the computer, and use your mind for a minute. I think people get dulled out from living at these sites.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I did get the joke....put a smiley under my response.

Just wanted to make clear that this Spectrum was reliable for anyone coming across the post.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Pablo lives!

#29 6 years ago

Bump for a unique game! Someone did some LSD just before they came up with that color pattern.. What year is this game? Lol GLWS!

#30 6 years ago

I own this game. It was one of my grail games. It's much more rare than the production figures would indicate... while they claim to have made 700-900 games, a good bit of them were destroyed. There's actually much less in existence.

I don't understand why you would sell this John? It's not a game you could ever replace if you wanted.. They are very hard to find.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I don't understand why you would sell this John? It's not a game you could ever replace if you wanted.. They are very hard to find.

From John's for sale post on RGP (hope he doesn't mind me copying this):

"Ok, I'll confess. The only reason I'm selling is because I've found another one with a blown out playfield, new plastics, new Alltek board..., but the kicker is it came with a original restored playfield thats already to install. I love the game and would never not have one at all, its a great thinking game and totally different from any other games from that era. I'm just hoping someone else loves it as much as me to want one for there own collection."

Edit: It is a very unique game, and I've enjoyed playing it ever time I've visited John's awesome collection. Nice to hear he'll still have one in it.

#32 6 years ago

Hey Jeff thanks for the cut and paste, I probably should have posted it here too but nobody really asked about it until now. I hope it clears things up that its a great game worth owning. I've looked for a NOS playfield for it for the last dozen years and never found anything until now.
Thanks again,
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#33 6 years ago

PM Sent!

Mb

#34 6 years ago

Sale pending on Friday. If it falls through I'll repost. Thanks everyone.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#35 6 years ago

I've played John's "Spectrum" pinball as well and it is a great playing pin that most people don't understand the rules too. Very fun game and hope it goes to an appreciative new owner.

#36 6 years ago

Truly a unique game, all the best to the seller & buyer, very

#37 6 years ago

Figures I worked all day and somehow missed this. Oh well, PMing you now, in case it becomes available again.

#38 6 years ago

Congrats! Cool to see another one of these come up for sale.

#39 6 years ago

The Spectrum is sold and gone to a really great guy that I'm sure will enjoy it as much as I did. Thanks again !!

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#40 6 years ago

Awesome to hear if found a great home.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside