Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I know I'm probably askin' for trouble posting this here (Specifically in the Market.. ) instead of just on my local craigslist, but figured I'd give legit people a chance first...if ya want to be a dick and say it's overpriced, Shazam away, price is most likely non-negotiable. I know what I have in it, and the work I've put in, and that's pretty much that.

CPR playfield, CPR plastics, dyed nylon nuts to match the plastics, new spinner decals, full LEDs, pops/flippers/slings were all worked on when the PF swap was done, custom topper with additional custom lighting that can be wired 2 different ways for more or less flashing in the topper (Already hooked up and molex quick-connectored, just have to move the connection from one molex to the other. All of the topper harnesses are on molex for the ones that need to disconnect to fold up the game..). I would ask a little more, but I've been lazy and never got around to getting the repro shuttle toy and ramp. It either needs the existing shuttle shimmed up to get it up and away from the ramp a bit, or the new ramp and toy to make it look perfect and lined up perfect, and basically be bulletproof.

I've put a lot of work and love into this game, from fixing display boards and other minor issues, to doing the playfield swap myself with no prior experience, documenting everything (can provide you the ~750 pictures if you want...) and my wife and I working on the topper, which was a four month ordeal in and of itself. I'd love to see it go to someone that will appreciate it for what it is. It needs the final kick in the rear to be a really stunning game, but I don't have the space to go the rest of the way with re-stenciling the cabinet. I don't think you will find another classic pin with a CPR PF already installed in it for less, with every single solder joint in the machine redone, everything rebuilt short of unnecessarily replacing light sockets that don't need to be replaced.

Game was at TPF last year with the old playfield installed, then at TPF this year with the new one installed....the CPR playfield had about 8 months to cure before I started working on it, got approximately 500 plays at TPF, has had MAYBE another 200 in my house.

Pics are located here:

http://s267.photobucket.com/user/CountryEvil/library/FS%20-%20Space%20Shuttle?sort=3&page=1

I would prefer a local deal, but we shipped a game out for someone a few weeks ago....not entirely opposed if you want to give us time to wrap it and you set up everything with STI.

#2 11 years ago

Morning bump for my friend Frax.

#3 11 years ago

It's overpriced. I'm a dick

Seriously though, that is a very nice Space Shuttle! GLWTS!

Bump for my buddy Frax

Chris

#4 11 years ago

Now that is a really pretty Space Shuttle.

#5 11 years ago

Not only did we ship a pin, we packed it like it was being shipped to Mars. It was fun!

#6 11 years ago

Holy crap dude, that's a nice one. For someone who wants a great game with just a little bit of work to make it shine, this is it. I love SS, best of luck finding a new home! I'll own one someday...

#7 11 years ago

I have played this game at Frax's place and at TPF. The play is so slick and nice.

#8 11 years ago

Yeah, I mean, I really wanted to win a TPF award with this one, but with people like Keith Holbrook bringing their professional restos to the show, it's about impossible for someone like me to win. The stencils are very available and only 140 bucks. I don't have a garage or a backyard though. =|

I wanted to do the cabinet in a silver, red, and blue sparkle, like an old car kinda, then shoot it with a clearcoat. But at any rate, FWIW, I can include the used plastic set. I also have a 'knockoff' shuttle toy that someone vaccumformed and is decaled. It's signed by Steve ritchie. Supposedly per IPDB: "Notes: Steve Ritchie confirmed his voice is used on this game." But he wouldn't or couldn't confirm that for me when I had him sign it, so I never put it on the game. The big plastic topper that came with the CPR set is still unpeeled, as are a few of the other "extras" that were included with the set.

#9 11 years ago

I want a major disturbance at the arcade.

#10 11 years ago

Its a nice game ... I am local but its above what I can spend on that title (although I did email my best offer). Still, look at those pics boys... for someone who doesn't mind paying a premium for a truly CLEAN game, it looks sharp!
Lou

#11 11 years ago

Yeah, sorry I haven't gotten around to replying to your email. I did see it. It's just not worth my time or effort to even sell it for what was it...1200? That's what I'd pay for a game with a nice, original playfield, that's never been clearcoated, and not torn down. With a playfield that was like the original one that was on there... a lot less, LOL, so I know where you're coming from.

Your collection is awesome, and you know your way around stuff, so it's not like you need or have to shell out the coin, you just shop it yourself once you find something within acceptable condition. I'm the exact same way...wouldn't have gotten a lot of what I have if I wasn't. I might be a little flexible on price if someone is interested enough to ship the game but the price is a sticking point. I already offered a discount to you local guys and the guys on our facebook group, so not a ton of wiggle room there, but I wouldn't completely rule it out.....just not in the range you're looking for, sorry Louis. :\

On another note, I do have some under-star-post lights that I could throw in. I bought a few for Tron, don't like them in there, but it might help light up the slings area on Shuttle. They're a REALLY tight fit in Tron... I gotta look and see if they fit any better on Shuttle.....hrm...now I wonder if I could tie them in to flash with the hotdog inserts......since I've already got that molex connector there... LOL...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-space-shuttle-cpr-pfplastics-custom-topperflashers-2200 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.