• Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinfidel
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140111_150108.jpg
20140111_150115.jpg
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Going ahead and putting this out there, should be ready by the end of the weekend. Just going to clean up playfield a bit and replace lights that are out. I'll post pics over the weekend too.

This is a 1991 Williams Slugfest. When I got it, it had corrosion damage on the CPU board, which has all been neutralized, cleaned, U16 and U17 socketed and replaced, battery pack removed from the board and a remote pack installed. Everything works 100% now, game plays great.

Playfield, plastics, etc are all in really nice shape -- it does have the plastic standup topper, DMD is crisp. It does have the card mech and card drop box for underneath, but no cards and I don't have the key to the card mech and will let new owner decide on if they want to drill that out.

Worst part of the game is cabinet is rough on one side and it could use a new T molding decal ($50), as well as some fade here and there. New set of decals and this could be a nice machine, or a great player as-is now with only detractor being cab. Lists for $1425 in the 2014 guide, $1k OBO.

#2 10 years ago

Good luck Matt!

#3 10 years ago

I'd be all over this on this coast, I really want a decent example of this game. Only one I ever used to play on route was thrashed and super crappy bat. Massively fun 2 player game. I'd want to be in one for 1k or less since I see them go for that frequently and shipping puts me at $1400 ish, dang

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

and it could use a new T molding decal ($50)

If you are referring to the red t-molding strip (I'm not sure what a t-molding decal is), the cost is a lot less than $50. I just purchased 20 feet of red t-molding - about $14 delivered. t-molding.com

Just fyi and bump. Good luck with the sale.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from rad:

If you are referring to the red t-molding strip (I'm not sure what a t-molding decal is), the cost is a lot less than $50. I just purchased 20 feet of red t-molding - about $14 delivered. t-molding.com

Just fyi and bump. Good luck with the sale.

Yeah, I called it wrong. Meant to say it could use a control panel overlay (http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-SLUG31-1624&Category_Code=CBD&Product_Count=18). It could use a little of the red t-molding too on the left side though depending on how particular someone wanted to be. Thanks for the bump and the site though, because there's been times I've needed t molding like that and didn't know where to go.

#7 10 years ago

ahh, makes sense. The control panel can be nicked up/chipped at the rounded edge. I've thought about installing one of those overlays before on my Slugfest. Maybe some day.

#8 10 years ago

hey Matt....any chance you can post a few pics?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

hey Matt....any chance you can post a few pics?

Should have pics up Sunday afternoon. Going to finish up replacing lights that are out and cleaning it up a bit more. I'll try to post a short video as well.

#10 10 years ago

Was feeling under the weather yesterday so didn't get to do anything to this over the weekend, but here's some pics. Only things that really need to be done is a new three prong plug, replacing burnt out lights and polishing the p/f. Open to reasonable offers: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ec18cu6jfqcsbwr/4iDJfdbp

#11 10 years ago

This is such a cool game. I always loved the pitch and bat games. So much fun.

I think you priced it fairly. From what I've seen, restored ones sell between $1,750 and $2,500. Hec, buy this for $1000 and throw $300 - $500 into the cabinet and you have a super sweet machine. I wish I had a bigger house. I'm trying to figure out how the hec I can squeeze a 3rd pin in now. If I had a nice big game room, I would definitely scoop this up from you Director.

GLWS Bro.

#12 10 years ago

Wish you were closer. I miss mine.

chris

#13 10 years ago

Definitely preferring the sell on this, but going to throw it out there anyway. Would consider trades for a DE Batman (game that got me into pinball).

#14 10 years ago

Would love to pick one of these up someday. It was the game that got me into pinball.

#15 10 years ago

Definitely preferring the sell on this, but going to throw it out there anyway. Would consider trades for a DE Batman (game that got me into pinball).

I've got a super nice DE Batman coming soon, and really want a Slugfest...

Having said that, the distance sucks..

Best of luck.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I've got a super nice DE Batman coming soon, and really want a SlugFest...

Having said that, the distance sucks..

Best of luck.

Yeah, definitely wish we were closer for that deal!

#17 10 years ago

You sissys! It's not that far. Just load up and meet half way

I'm guessing you'll need snow tires too

#18 10 years ago

Bumping, gotta be some baseball fans close by!

#19 10 years ago

Matt's a great guy and easy to deal with. GLWS buddy. W-S auction is coming up in a few weeks and he is very close by.

#20 10 years ago

Bump for The Director. I checked out this game; it's as he described, and it looked like he did a good job cleaning up the cpu board. I would've picked it up, but I don't think i'm ready for a pitch and bat just yet.

#21 10 years ago

Thanks for the bumps and kind words, guys! Still available, dropping to $950. Also, can bring to Winston-Salem auction!

#22 10 years ago

I'm on my second Slugfest. Fun and different than a regular pin. Loved playing pitch and bats when I was a kid (in the 1970's). When we have guests over, it is a favorite for them to play.

Bump and good luck with the sale.

#23 10 years ago

Still available. Likely taking to sell in WS Auction next week if it doesn't go beforehand. Would rather sell straight out to not have to deal with hauling to auction. And, another price drop -- it's getting enticing now I hope. Thanks!

#24 10 years ago

I've been looking for one of these (but I doubt you're coming this way any time soon).

#25 10 years ago

This is a great price for a complete machine with topper and card chute. Most of the ones you'll come across won't have those. Card chutes can be obtained from Marco, but toppers are pretty rare. I paid a ton for a topper for mine.

Cards can be gotten for cheap. Just eBay: "vending baseball cards"

They have to be vending cards with one side that isn't glossy in order for the dispenser to work.

Here's a cheap set as an example:
ebay.com link: 1 TOPPS 1986 Vending box baseball cards 500 cards Unsearched NEW

GLWS!

#27 10 years ago

Buy/trade with confidence. You rarely find them more honest than Matt.

#28 10 years ago

$900!!! Somebody buy this so I can STOP thinking about it!

#29 10 years ago

Bumping this up. This cannot be allowed to hit the auction block. Some Pinsider has to see this and buy it.

#30 10 years ago

Thanks guys! Lots of interest, but no sale yet. Bumping for new week - want this to sell before auction! Down to $875

#31 10 years ago

Thanks guys! Lots of interest, but no sale yet. Bumping for new week - want this to sell before auction! Down to $875

Someone buy this! Probably the cheapest WPC setup you'll come across. P-ROC can take over a Slugfest for anyone interested, so it can be a cheap learning platform for that.

#33 10 years ago

I really rather not do this on a 100% working game, but I have had offers on the board set, the DMD, the topper and several other things. If anyone needs the full playfield assembly (Marcos sells for $1295), and this one is nice, fully working motor ramp, nice plastics, I'll let that go for $500 and much to my chagrine part this one out.

#34 10 years ago

Last Kingsport auction a Slugfest sold for 750 which had heavy use and no topper. Yours should bring more at the WS auction.

20140111_150115.jpg20140111_150115.jpg 20140111_150108.jpg20140111_150108.jpg
#35 10 years ago

I bought my ES from Matt. Still have it.

Hope this finds a good home....

#36 10 years ago

It's a long shot, but I'd buy this if someone can deliver it. I'd be willing to pay the gas and tolls, and other travel expenses for the trip and could offer a weekend stay (or longer if you want) in our shore condo in Wildwood, NJ, which is at the southernmost tip of the state. You might want to take the Cape May-Lewis ferry to save travel time, plus it's a fun trip on the ferry.

#37 10 years ago

Bump for a great seller and game.

#38 10 years ago

Free bump for a nice price on a great party game!

#39 10 years ago

Wow, THIS is tempting! And 6 hours isn't THAT far to drive...

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Wow, THIS is tempting! And 6 hours isn't THAT far to drive...

Come on down, Collin! Winston Salem auction is this weekend, take a little weekend trip and meet all the local peeps.

#41 10 years ago

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind telling me the dimensions of the cabinet, and whether it's all one solid cabinet or if the upper parts can be removed for transportation?

#42 10 years ago

DO NOT part this machine out!

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind telling me the dimensions of the cabinet, and whether it's all one solid cabinet or if the upper parts can be removed for transportation?

The topper and the head come off that just leaves the bottom of part of the cabinet. Those dimensions are 57 (L) x 24 (w) x 31 (h). It's definitely smaller than a standard pinball machine when broken down.

#44 10 years ago

I've got someone who badly wants the topper. $850 with topper and all. $800 minus topper. As-is on this price though, has some burnt out lights and needs a three prong adapter.

#46 10 years ago

That is a cool looking machine. Be a real shame to see it parted out, someone needs to nab this.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

That is a cool looking machine. Be a real shame to see it parted out, someone needs to nab this.

That's what I've been saying. I wish I had room for this machine. This is a LOT of fun for a small amount of cash. If he lived closer to me, I'd buy it, pick it up (save about $350 on the shipping) and store it till I had the room for it. This is a steal!

#48 10 years ago

Coming out to NorCal anytime soon? I really hope this game doesn't get parted out. Great memories with this machine.

#50 10 years ago

Bump. WS auction is tomorrow -- may be able to get it there, would love a parking lot deal

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-slugfest-91-1k-obo/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.