Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by cpsystem3
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I've really been jonsin' for a White Water lately, so I think its time to do some fund raising!

The Shadow- Overall STELLAR condition, I would rate it a 9 out of 10. The body has two minor scratches on the right side of the body, otherwise its flawless. The playfield is perfect with the exception of minor sanctum wear (masked with the 'green dot' wear covering sticker). A NOS WMS plastic set was installed directly before I received the machine. All plastics are beautiful and unbroken. The playfield has an immaculate shine to it. The translite is flawless. Game plays 100% error free/dot free. Its lightning fast and super smooth. All rings and phurbas are present and unbroken. A NOS DMD was installed and has less than 50 hours of play time on it. All electronics are unhacked and original. Ramp wireforms and gun handles re-chromed by Mike Chestnut, they look OUTSTANDING! Inserts have tastefully added LED's, the GI has normal bulbs. Flippers have been rebuilt. New rubbers installed.
$3,200

World Cup Soccer 94- Like The Shadow, World Cup '94 is in stellar condition. This game received a playfield swap with a gorgeous used playfield, buffed to a brilliant shine with the treasure cove polishing system. There was minor scoop wear around the sink holes which has since been covered with a full set of Cliffys. I painstakingly sourced a very nice set of used, unbroken ramps which have been polished to an amazing shine. All metal parts were tumbled. CPR Plastic set has been installed. NOS translite has been installed. Game plays fast, smooth and error free. All electronics are original, unhacked and in great shape. The power driver board was just gone over by Docent Electronics. DMD is crisp and ready to go for years to come. The body is in stellar condition with no fade and minor moving scuffs/scratches. New rubbers installed. New decals all round. New soccer ball installed. Flippers rebuilt.
$2,500

Pics upon request for serious interested parties.

Price police need not apply. If you do not agree with my asking prices, please don't bother to tell me. Not trying to hear it.

Games are located in Manchester, CT. Local pickup preferred, however I will work with your shipping company of choice for pickup (you must make all arrangements). I will consider delivering the machine for a fee, up to 100 miles.

Many thanks!
Bill

#2 10 years ago

I have known Bill for years now. Top of the line PERSON! Meaning you can't get much better.

#3 10 years ago

Don't you mean "you CAN'T get much better"?

#4 10 years ago

oppps yeah Bill rocks

#6 10 years ago

Alright class=Homework time. Here are three ideas. Check BPP and see if they list what kind of condition the games were in, when they were sold. Check to see when the prices were recorded. Also check to see if bpp covers ALL games sold in the USA. Report back with your findings, as I am very curious also.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from DustinCarter:

As a noob, help me understand something if you would...the machines (The Shadow) price estimates on Pinside and on the Boston Pinball Pricing Spreadsheet says it's average is between 1700 - 2000. What about this machine makes it $3200 based on the add-ons/upgrades mentioned?
Thanks!
Dustin

Hi Dustin-

My Shadow is well above "average condition", hence the above average asking price. The price is not so above average that it exceeds the (inflated) asking prices on ebay ($5195 and $4195 as of writing this post). Also, an unbroken original Williams Plastic Set is a rarity on this machine. Yes, Classic Playfield Restorations released a reproduction plastic set, however this is original equipment (something collectors prefer).

Also, for what its worth, when I traded to receive the Shadow earlier this year, I valued the machine at $3,500, $300 more than I am asking now. I traded my Judge Dredd and Demolition man for The Shadow + cash on top.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions.

-Bill

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

oppps yeah Bill rocks

Thanks for the kind words Ben

#9 10 years ago

I Forgot I have a nice gallery of WCS 94 post-restoration pics in my Flickr. My pics of The Shadow are currently only in my email, so PM me with your email address for those!

World Cup Soccer - Post Restoration
http://www.flickr.com/photos/81414148@N05/sets/72157630327632624/

Thanks!

#10 10 years ago

As a noob, help me understand something if you would...the machines (The Shadow) price estimates on Pinside and on the Boston Pinball Pricing Spreadsheet says it's average is between 1700 - 2000.

Those prices are pretty out of date. The Pinside ones especially (I think they average out over a 4 year period or something, and thus lag behind). There is absolutely no way The Shadow is actually going for $1700 anymore, sorry. If you see one for that price snatch it up!

And as always, condition speaks loudest. Nicely restored machines are never going to track with faceless averages.

#11 10 years ago

I forgot to mention...I hope no one took my price question to mean disrespect to Bill. Just trying to learn how the pricing of pinball machines work, and when I should be understanding/educated vs. suspicious about it.

Thanks for the responses thus far. Keep 'em coming!

Dustin

#12 10 years ago

I forgot to mention...I hope no one took my price question to mean disrespect to Bill. Just trying to learn how the pricing of pinball machines work, and when I should be understanding/educated vs. suspicious about it.
Thanks for the responses thus far. Keep 'em coming!
Dustin

Ok, well here's one for you: It's usually customary to post separately if you're trying to learn something in general (e.g. the pricing of pinball machines), versus a specific question, as your earlier post asks why this particular machine is worth more than an outdated pricing guide.

bump for the OP - both sound like nice games, good luck on the sale!

Michael

#13 10 years ago

Thanks Michael. I will do that from now on. In fact, I have removed my previous comment.

Dustin

#14 10 years ago

This was my shadow before I traded it to Bill. It is beautiful and plays great.

Ever take down my scores Bill?

#16 10 years ago

I think the guy was asking a fair question and certainly gave the seller a great chance to explain how his pin was a step above "average". The respect shown in question and answer will hopefully set a standard in how this can be done.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Ever take down my scores Bill?

Grrr..... nope. I came close... I believe 1.5b. Top score is still ~2.0b

2 weeks later
#18 10 years ago

Bump!

These games are still available.

I will entertain reasonable best offers at this time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-shadow-and-world-cup-soccer-94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.