image-465.jpg
image-228.jpg
image-234.jpg
image-679.jpg
image-581.jpg
image-217.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgSelling a Shadow for $2750. The cabinet body is very nice and with new backbox decals it be very nice all over. The main playfield is nice with the typical Sanctum wear; mini-pf would need replaced or a new insert decal for the center. Only thing missing is one of the Rings on the left. The game plays great. Here is your chance to get into a Shadow under $3k and shop it out to your own specs! Game is located in Pittsburgh.image-332.jpgimage-332.jpgimage-104.jpgimage-104.jpgimage-465.jpgimage-465.jpgimage-228.jpgimage-228.jpgimage-234.jpgimage-234.jpgimage-679.jpgimage-679.jpg// Error: Image 272402 not found //image-581.jpgimage-581.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-217.jpgimage-217.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Typical Sanctum wear? ........

#3 9 years ago

Yah that's some pretty rough magnet wear @ 2750

#5 9 years ago

Battlefield mini pf main insert delaminating?

#6 9 years ago

Ok, does $2600 sound better ?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from SCpins:

Ok, does $2600 sound better ?

I hope you take this in the vein I am intending ...

You have set a price for your game.
You are better off negotiating via PM rather than the thread.
The moment you invite comment on your price, you have just opened the flood gates for price discussion. Some will be helpful and others will not.

GLWS!

Marcus

#8 9 years ago

Do you have better pics of the sanctum and battlefield wear areas?

#9 9 years ago

Sanctum pic added.

#10 9 years ago

That's some pretty heavy Sanctum wear, going to require filling and sanding and painting to fix up. Not undoable by any means, but I wouldn't tackle that without experience. Maybe get a quote from a restorer if you can't do it yourself and factor that into your offer? Upside is you'd end up with a machine with a super clean virgin Sanctum.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

The moment you invite comment on your price, you have just opened the flood gates for price discussion. Some will be helpful and others will not.
GLWS!
Marcus

Solid advice but reality is simply posting something for sale will attract comments about price. If it is too high, price police may show up. Too low and comments about great pricing appear. If its on Pinside it will solicit comments.

#12 9 years ago

All pins are too high when you're buying and too low when you're selling.

#13 9 years ago

Last drop to $2500

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

virgin Sanctum.

this just sounds funny...

#15 9 years ago

That sanctum wear kills it unfortunately.

At $2500, one should be able to get a TS without that crazy wear, which imo isn't just wear, but much more. It's straight through the wood. And that battlefield is worn like crazy. New ones can be found though

I'd either keep it and try to fix it (while shopping it) or sell for around 2k. I think you're going to have a hard time with it at it's current pricing.

OH, and please don't slap a sticker over it and call it good.

not trying to be harsh, but just offering my 2 cents.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

GLWS!
Marcus

Not saying you're incorrect, but they guy asked for honest feedback and far seems to have gotten just that without the typical pinside fire. Glad to see it.

Fun game. Good luck

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's some pretty heavy Sanctum wear, going to require filling and sanding and painting to fix up. Not undoable by any means, but I wouldn't tackle that without experience. Maybe get a quote from a restorer if you can't do it yourself and factor that into your offer? Upside is you'd end up with a machine with a super clean virgin Sanctum.

Meh, most are pretty bad with wear for the main magnet area, and unless you are great at touch ups (this grey being one of the worst to match), with most of these people end up filling, sand flat, and decal. This would work no worse than others PF's for this method.

Quoted from Xerico:

GLWS!
Marcus

But then you get the people the rag on posters that don't put a price, and call them shady for not doing so.

This guy posted a price, dropped it based on comments, highlighted the issues. It will sell, shadows are not easy to get anymore, and this isn't that bad all in all. All need new plastics, and you can combo a new mini into that stilll I believe, so after a full shop and a repair to the sanctum, which again most need in some respect, I'd say the price is not bad for a hard to get machine.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Meh, most are pretty bad with wear for the main magnet area, and unless you are great at touch ups (this grey being one of the worst to match), with most of these people end up filling, sand flat, and decal. This would work no worse than others PF's for this method.

But then you get the people the rag on posters that don't put a price, and call them shady for not doing so.
This guy posted a price, dropped it based on comments, highlighted the issues. It will sell, shadows are not easy to get anymore, and this isn't that bad all in all. All need new plastics, and you can combo a new mini into that stilll I believe, so after a full shop and a repair to the sanctum, which again most need in some respect, I'd say the price is not bad for a hard to get machine.

I tend to disagree. With approx 4000 shadows made, they are out there. I believe OP is too high in price. At 2k would sell quicker?

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I tend to disagree. With approx 4000 shadows made, they are out there. I believe OP is too high in price. At 2k would sell quicker?

I agree. Every other day I see another TS for sale.

When I see wear like that, I think what else is worn out? $2k would be the better price. Pins is in rough shape. See battlefield.

Personally if it were mine, I'd shop it, replace the battlefield (which are around for like $75 I believe), and research fixing that sanctum. THEN sell it for 3K! Led it out if it isn't already too.

#20 9 years ago

Everything sells at the right price and based on the $2500 post, interest has picked up and I expect it will sell soon.
The game is a player and no a collector piece but it can be mad ever nice with the bb decals, new battlefield, etc but I leave all that up to how far the new owner wants to take it. As it sits, the game plays great!

#21 9 years ago

I'm gonna keep looking then.

#22 9 years ago

Did it catch fire and you couldn't put it out lol

#23 9 years ago

The one crazy thing about The shadow. You google it and the first thing that comes up is either magnet repair, magnet related issues. I think Bram Stoker's Dracul has the same issues but did it also have wear issues across the PF when it drags the ball? I think with shadow the magnet is more violent than any other magnet in any other pin that I can think of. Of the 4000 Shadows just imagine if they put Mylar down from factory. I think every shadow has some kind of magnet repair, but this one will need some serious elbow grease. But it can be fixed.

#24 9 years ago

For someone who can repair this themselves, it's not a big deal. For someone who cannot, playfield repair is very expensive. Several hundred dollars expensive.

I wish the OP luck with the sale, whatever the final strike price may be.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

For someone who can repair this themselves, it's not a big deal. For someone who cannot, playfield repair is very expensive. Several hundred dollars expensive.

It's actually quite easy to do if you are just decalling.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I wish the OP luck with the sale, whatever the final strike price may be.

Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Yah that's some pretty rough magnet wear @ 2750

Well, it's clear now that I definitely sold mine at a more than fair price. Considering if I removed the audio jacks alone it would just about be the same price. The mini-Playfield alone is $120 from http://www.marcospecialties.com/ which should be replaced at some point.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Well, it's clear now that I definitely sold mine at a more than fair price. Considering if I removed the audio jacks alone it would just about be the same price. The mini-Playfield alone is $120 from http://www.marcospecialties.com/ which should be replaced at some point.

Jean-luc, hasn't sold yet.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Jean-luc, hasn't sold yet.

Good point lol my bad.

#29 9 years ago

Your shadow was/is beautiful Jean-Luc. Your price was more than fair. And that is why you have a (tentative) sale.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Your Shadow was/is beautiful Jean-Luc. Your price was more than fair. And that is why you have a (tentative) sale.

Thanks

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

It's actually quite easy to do if you are just decalling.

Yeah, but this one needs more than just a decal over it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 37.50
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-shadow-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.