Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2451.JPG
IMG_2448.JPG
IMG_2447.JPG
IMG_2453.JPG
IMG_2452.JPG
IMG_2449.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sosage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 10 years ago

In all fairness, every game gets a little boring after you've beaten the wizard mode.

Vega is also one of the more lucrative shots in the game. Especially when he is lit for double!

Bumpity BUMP for one of the cheapest DMD titles on the market. Definitely the guilty pleasure of my line up.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Grand master is a weak wizard mode if its to be considered one.
I see it as; SF2 is a video game, where you go around the world, beating up various characters. SF2 pinball is the same. You beat all the guys, then have to beat the boss. Its fun in its own regard, but it has no depth. I still love my SF2, I just know Id like a SG next to it for contrast.
Vega is an easy shot. I think Guile is the hardest...especially if you flippers are on the weaker side or the wire ramp isnt bent just right.
Still worth all of that $800.

I'm not trying to debate the design quality of SF2 on someone's sales thread. I was just trying to say that all machines lose some attraction once you've seen everything (IE Wizard mode). I also said Vega is one of the more lucrative shots, not difficult. I agree, Guile is the definition of a "tight shot" in pinball.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Wish you were in California.
sosage if you ever think of selling yours let me know I have a friend that wants one.

Unfortunately I am a huge fan of the video game series and it was the first pin in my collection, so it has a lot of sentimental value. Sounds like FatTrain may have one for you though.

#37 10 years ago

Skill shot: It's a two part skill shot. First part, there is an opto switch at the end of the long wireform on the right that leads from the shooter. You need to time when the ball crosses that opto with the animation on the screen. You gotta do the skill shot a couple times before you can get down the timing. Depending on where Chun-Li's bracelet hits on the bullseye determines the value of the second part of the skillshot.

Second part, the ball drops to the back wireform, then drops into the Blanka scoop. Bison will tell you to use the flipper and flash the lamp by the upper flipper. Ball ejects to the upper flipper. You need to hit the Bracelet Target that is opposite the upper flipper dead center. I forget the name of the target type, but it is designed so you can't just limp it or kind of graze it. It has to be a solid hit. If you miss, the shot becomes a hurry up where whatever you earned off of the first part of the skill shot starts counting down to 0.

TLDR: Plunge at the right time to get highest skillshot value. Hit the bracelet target to collect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sosage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-sf2-800?tu=sosage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.