Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

shawing.jpg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
IMG_4556.JPG
IMG_4555.JPG
IMG_4557.JPG
IMG_4549.JPG
IMG_4551.JPG
Terrifying.JPG
Animated_0206.gif
skull_pile_2.JPG
IMG_4459.JPG

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Cleaned shopped / restored. Playfield is in good shape. Has a tiny wear mark where someone used a screw too long but is not easily seen.

Has a lot of upgrades to it such as.

Dancing Boogies
Skull Pile LEDs
Skull Pile Candles
Cabinet Decals installed (cabinet was sanded to wood, bondo used for small scratches, primed, sealed and sanded.)
Red DMD Filter from pinbits
New Ramps
Pinball Pro Subwoofer
Mirror Blades
Mylar removed around the crate as it had some wear in the mylar but no wear in front of the crate.
Cliffy Spider hole set installed
Flippers completely Rebuilt
New Flipper Buttons
New Crate Rottendog LED board
New Crate Decal
New Side Rails
New Legs, Bolts, Feet

#2 6 years ago

Dude I so wish I was like your neighbor. So many pins so little time.

#3 6 years ago

Buyer will have a blast with this Pin.

#5 6 years ago

If not sold by this weekend, then it's going to be in the Allentown show free play area for sale. Discount has been applied for a hopefully speedy sell this week. If not then I will restore the cabinet before the show, and the price will reflect that there.

#6 6 years ago

More pics candles have not arrived from pinballpro yet..

IMG_4459.JPG skull_pile_2.JPG

#7 6 years ago

This will sell before I'm sure

#8 6 years ago

NICE!! Can't go wrong there!

#9 6 years ago

Are you offering this with INSTALLED decals?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Are you offering this with INSTALLED decals?

I am including them but not installing.

#12 6 years ago

That is a great price in this market. Good luck with the sale!

#13 6 years ago

I like how every single person saying this is a great price has a Scared Stiff in their collection.

It has an effing screw through the playfield in the most visible area! A hole in the playfield. Described as a "wear mark."

#14 6 years ago

Pump n Dump

#15 6 years ago

Cab looks nice from the limited pics? Why new decals?

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

I like how every single person saying this is a great price has a Scared Stiff in their collection.

I didn't say it was a great price!....it's too cheap!

#17 6 years ago

That price is way to cheap for this SS, 5500 is a total steal!

Anyway, your saying there are mirrored blades but, I'm not seeing them in the pictures. If they are installed, you should take new pictures as they look amazing on this game.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That price is way to cheap for this SS, 5500 is a total steal!

Hey! You can't say that unless you hav...oh, never mind...

#19 6 years ago

a very nice example, this won't last long.

#20 6 years ago

I really like that red DMD filter...I might have to install one in mine.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

I really like that red DMD filter...I might have to install one in mine.

Yeah, but what do you think of the price??

#22 6 years ago

Scared Stiff has always been too cheap considering the quality of the artwork and gameplay. eabundy has had good prices from the posts I've seen and I wish I was his neighbor... And yes I'm an owner.

#23 6 years ago

That shot makes meee STIFFfff!!

Sweet looking pin

#24 6 years ago

Very nice looking game. GLWTS

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I wish I was his neighbor.

I had first Dibs, And i was born and raised in CT

#26 6 years ago

Close-up of the spider hole?

#27 6 years ago

Pics were taken before shopping it out. Mirror blades are the very last thing I install. Subwoofer will be in next week, as will the candle mod via pinballpro.

Cabinet decals were purchased because the game deserves to look and play it's best. There are a few dings on the head and route holes in the front. Cabinet is about a 7.5 of 10 in my estimate.

Spider hole I don't know if I took a picture of before I shopped and put cliffy on. It's definitely not blown out, and has very average or below average wear.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, but what do you think of the price??

Oh yeah...the price is spot on!

#29 6 years ago

He lives.

#30 6 years ago

It has an effing screw through the playfield in the most visible area! A hole in the playfield. Described as a "wear mark."

#31 6 years ago

Yeah!

Animated_0206.gif

#32 6 years ago

Made me laugh out loud..."an effing HOLE in the playfield!!!".

#33 6 years ago

It happens on every for sale thread. Owners pump it and buyers complain about the price.

#34 6 years ago

To me, A screw hole coming up through the playfield means the playfield needs to be replaced or touched up and cleared by a pro, a huge job. Doesn't matter if the rest of the machine is cherry. But some people have lower standards, personally I would want to buy it at a project price. It's good for collectors who want the better games at lower prices though, but the price should reflect the condition.

#35 6 years ago

I will move this thread to RGP where I think it belongs at this point.

#36 6 years ago

I think once he's finished the work he is doing on it, the game will look impressive. That tiny hole can be touched up and become barely noticeable. I've seen much uglier wear than that around the crate on this game. Post more pics once your finished and turn the non-believers.

#37 6 years ago

Like the others have noticed, Scared Stiff is a very fun Pin, and the prices are starting to reflect this. If anyone wants to blame someone for Pinflation, then blame Stern and JJP for their pricing models.

Still a very nice Pin and price wise, "Spot on"

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

then blame Stern and JJP for their pricing models.

How can we really blame them. They are out to make as much money as possible. The market dictates the price. If they were too expensive and people didn't buy them, prices would come down. When you sell 500 Metallica machines in a few hours at between 6 and 8k that's telling them the machines are priced right or too cheap.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How can we really blame them. They are out to make as much money as possible. The market dictates the price. If they were too expensive and people didn't buy them, prices would come down. When you sell 500 Metallica machines in a few hours at between 6 and 8k that's telling them the machines are priced right or too cheap.

Reading threads from multiple forums show that prices of our older Pins started their crazy run up nearly around the time when JJP was able to convince people to buy WOZ for nearly $7k, and with Stern producing LEs and Premiums within the same price range. The mentality is that if a new Pin is worth 7k, then my "A" Pin is worth at least as much, and with the fact the older Pins are no longer made, only re-enforced this craze.

I also agree with the fact that folks are willing to pay almost anything these days have only fueled these prices.

#40 6 years ago

Yeah, believe me, if no one paid $13k for a MM anymore, the price would come down. And it may be happening a bit as I've seen a few machines like MM, AFM, etc, not sell for the big bucks. (it might also be they are saving up for Metallica, Star Trek, Predator and Hobbit)

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, believe me, if no one paid $13k for a MM anymore, the price would come down. And it may be happening a bit as I've seen a few machines like MM, AFM, etc, not sell for the big bucks. (it might also be they are saving up for Metallica, Star Trek, Predator and Hobbit)

Yep. I believe we are seeing corrections in the market on some Pins that have gotten to insane prices, but for the lower priced Pins (like SS, FT, WH2O, etc). I think they will continue until the market decides their prices points.

Trust me, I don't like paying anymore than I have to, but if I want a particular Pin, then I either have to be patient, pay the asking price or try to trade up for it. I am just glad that I got the Pins I liked before we all got crazy.

Regards...

#42 6 years ago

Yes....I'm looking for a Creature right now...

#43 6 years ago

More pics

Terrifying.JPG IMG_4551.JPG IMG_4549.JPG IMG_4557.JPG IMG_4555.JPG IMG_4556.JPG

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes....I'm looking for a Creature right now...

You can't have one

#45 6 years ago

Much better pics now. The spot on the playfield is barely noticeable and the mirrored blades look great. You just need the backboard decal and she's all set. 5k Plus game all day easy, IMO and yes I own a SS.

#46 6 years ago

Wow! The spot by the Crate looks GREAT!
...Come on shlockdoc, I'm sure you can get one for meee...

#47 6 years ago

Very nice looking! I can't believe a seller gets flamed by disclosing a small playfield issue! Would you rather him not say anything? I've bought tons of pins only to "discover" things later. GLWS- honest seller!

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Wow! The spot by the Crate looks GREAT!
...Come on shlockdoc, I'm sure you can get one for meee...

You just missed a local sweetie.

#49 6 years ago

I'd love to see this machine at Pinfest. Those top pictures look great!...and you say those were BEFORE you shopped it? Very clean machine! Does it have the manual?

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

You just missed a local sweetie.

I know! I spoke to the guy. The person he had look at it before me took it!
Maybe there will be one at Pinfest...

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside