Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by thepinballworks
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SCRails_Some cutouts.jpg
SCRails_Both Sides Installed.JPG
SCRails_LookDownEdge.jpg
SCRails_StraightEdgeShowsBowing.jpg
SCRails_BowingIssue.JPG

#1 7 years ago

At the request of some, A SHORT RUN HAS BEEN COMPLETED AND THESE ARE NOW AVAILABLE as of Nov 15, 2013. A few sets have been shipped out already.

They are to reinforce the playfield from horizontal bowing and will reduce existing bowing. These are made with strong industrial materials, not what you find at HomeDepot. Many have been picked up by Safecracker owners and all feedback has been positive. The ball runs much truer. The can be installed in about 30 min without taking the playfield out.

Anyone that has installed them, please share your experience.
Anyone needing details can PM me. Feel free to query other areas regarding feedback.
The $165 price INCLUDES shipping and 6 pages of detailed instructions. Enjoy!

SCRails_BowingIssue.JPG SCRails_StraightEdgeShowsBowing.jpg SCRails_Both Sides Installed.JPG SCRails_LookDownEdge.jpg
#2 7 years ago

If you have a Safecracker your playfield IS bowed and YOU need these. Trust me.

They should have been on the game when it was made.

#3 7 years ago

Looks like a lot of $$$ for some square heavy walled aluminum tubing with some holes drilled in it & a few screws.
-- or is there more to it than that?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Looks like a lot of $$$ for some square heavy walled aluminum tubing with some holes drilled in it & a few screws.
-- or is there more to it than that?

What you can't see... The rails are machined to go over the top of playfield brackets/components so they sit flat against the playfield. This is a considerable amount of work.

I bought a set and couldn't be happier with both the quality of the workmanship and how well they straightened out the bow in our playfield.

HIGHLY recommended,

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#5 7 years ago

Paul's support rails are an absolute must for every Safe Cracker owner. I installed a set a while back, and couldn't be happier. The ball has a much truer roll to it now that the bowing has been addressed.

Great product, great seller!

#6 7 years ago

These are awesome and quite simply a requirement for any SC owner period. Easy install and great quality!

Here is a link to my installation of them.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safe-cracker-support-rails-installed-with-pics

#7 7 years ago

Paul's a trusted trading partner. You won't go wrong!

#8 7 years ago

Thanks to all for the positive feedback and sincere comments. I, too, am surprised at the amount of mod required for the prototype SC, Marc. Thanks for sharing the pictures. A few more sets are left if anyone is interested.

Here is pic showing some of the cutouts to accommodate playfield parts.
I have heard of a few minor adjustments which I mention in the instructions.
Enjoy!
- Paul
SCRails_Some cutouts.jpg

#9 7 years ago

Great product. The set I got worked great, no problems at all on the install.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside