IMG_3376.JPG
IMG_3380.JPG
IMG_3434.JPG
wcs_serial.jpg
IJ2.jpg
IJ1.jpg
ij_serial.jpg
IJ_SN.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tlamb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

I have a super nice sample IJ: lost plastic, metal rails on mini-PF, no buy in button.

Besides being a sample, this thing is just gorgeous. The PF is in great shape and it appears it was mylared since day one. The mini-PF looks like it has never been used and the ball drops look like they have never seen a drop.

http://s810.photobucket.com/albums/zz25/tlamb04/IJ/

The cabinet is faded on the left side, and slightly faded on the rest. Everything works 100% as it should with no errors. I added the Ark mode to the right ramp and game has Pinball Pro sub upgrade.

Will consider cash offers as well as trade. Interested in WW, ES, RBION, RS, to name a few (plus cash). Based on feedback I have updated the price to what I feel is fair in the market today. Add this rare and beautiful game to your collection.

tlamb zero(0) four(4) at gmail dotcom

Todd

#2 12 years ago

Not going to give the thing away but I am open to offers. I have a set of decals coming in the next few days (weeks?) They shipped from Australia last week, so I am not sure when they will arrive. It is one of the last sets I could find, there is nothing available at the normal shops, I heard Lucas is not renewing the license so who knows when they will re-make them

Anyhow, open to machines plus cash, or straight up cash offers. I will include the decals ($350) for the right deal.

Got a few offers but nothing that sounds too appealing. These things are pretty rare from what I understand, would be a great addition to anybody collections, just cool to see the differences versus production. The manufacture dates show 06/29/93

#3 12 years ago

Here is a picture of the Serial Number. Production started in August of 1993 from what I see, this machine was an early production sample.

IJ_SN.jpgIJ_SN.jpg

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Interesting
My MFG date is 2 days before yours, but my serial is a little higher
Yours is 065902
Mine is 066252

I am guessing it has to do with the different model number that was made? Mine is a 53117.

Strange with the mix up on the hertz and amps, good catch

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

What is the difference between production and sample ij ???

The notable differences are the metal rails on the mini-PF, the lost plastic that was installed at the manufacture, along with lights behind it, and there is no buy-in button.

Sample or not, the playfield is gorgeous and appears to have had mlyar from day 1. It is a great example, that just needs fresh decals, or for me, I would have preferred my set up let me place it with the right side showing

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Please stop saying it has been Home use since 1999, it means very little. My fgy has been home use for three months and guess what? it is still routed even though it was on route for less time than your ij. Home Use Only means never routed, home use since x date is meaningless since the game gets judged off its condition, not how long it has been since it was on route.
You are free to ask what you like for your machine and you are right the pf looks great, but I am still seeing you ask 7k for a faded ij that needs 300 in decals and a boat load of work to install them. It might be a sample, but an average IJ is still fetching 3800-3900 on ebay. So again, feel free to ask what you like, but I am not seeing that the fact it is a sample make it almost worth double with a faded cabinet.

I see what you are saying. So I agree, there is no need to stress the home use since 1999, the PF speaks for itself. I agree, the cabinet is faded. I offered decals that I have ordered for the right price. FGY was made it what 2007? 5 years ago, my machine has be in a home longer than your machine has been in production. I agree with what you are saying so I will stop, but the fact is, a lot of IJs have seen a lot of abuse on route, given my machine saw some sun, but the rest of the machine if pretty impressive, plus I have no clue where it was before? Could have been another collector, or routed, I guess it really doesnt matter unless it is truly HUO. So you have a valid point.

As for pricing, I based this on the sale of a sample back in 2008 that sold at $4500, the going rate on IJs at the time was probably around 2.5k. I understand that I can ask whatever I want, and feel that based on its rarity, it is worth more, and based on the shape of the PF, it is worth more. I agree 7k is high, but I didnt know where to start, and interested parties didnt want to break the ice, so I through out a number. If you are interested, make an offer, if not move on. I dont know why people have to come and knock people down. It is only pinball

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I knocked you mainly because of the home use since. I guess its a pet peeve because it doesn't matter. It is merely a gimmick.
As for making an offer I will hold off. I have a rbion, but to be frank if I have no interest in going anywhere near your asking price. You can throw out anything you like, but the problem is if you go to high many folks won't touch it. Some don't like haggling and some aren;t going to want to risk offending you. Good luck with the sale though like I said, that pf is nice.

Like I said, I agree it is pointless to state HUO since a given date, the game should speak for itself.

I am not worried about being offended, everyone has a different value on different machines, some people hate IJ, some people love it. I am open to offers. It is either a simple no thanks, or I think we can figure something out. I just didn't know where to begin.

I know text lacks tone, you just came off poorly to me. Anyhow, moving on.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

You should just advertise the left side a a sepia toned feature! It fits with the theme
That playfield is really nice, I am curious if the drop target decals are available?

I added them shortly after I had purchased the machine. Some of the pictures are older from when I first brought it home. The original ones were in pretty rough shape.

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

This label seems too perfect for a game thats 20 years old.

The game is great shape and you yes you are just crazy. I did not print a label. I do not even have the capability to print a label. The PF is too perfect too, I must have swapped it and secretly didnt tell anyone. I dont mind being questioned about the price, but I am bit offended that I would be accused of printing a new label, what would that even help? I too think it looks very clean, much like the whole game.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Tlamb...it is a beautiful game and we are just being jerks. Had a feeling I shouldn't have put in my two cents. Personally I wouldn't care if the sticker was new but understand your anger. I would be mad if someone questioned me.....I'm going to step out of this

Great game, good luck with the sale.

It is fine. Everyone has an opinion. I just see no value in adding a new serial number sticker. I took a picture to detail out its information. I consider myself and honest and up front person, I am not trying to deceive anyone here. Just selling a machine.

#25 12 years ago

Updated price based on feedback. $5500 cash/trade.

I wasnt trying to be a green eyed monster, just didnt know where to start, and I am sick of underselling games.

Feel free to contact me if interested.

Todd

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

Tlamb said:The game is great shape and you yes you are just crazy. I did not print a label. I do not even have the capability to print a label. The PF is too perfect too, I must have swapped it and secretly didnt tell anyone. I dont mind being questioned about the price, but I am bit offended that I would be accused of printing a new label, what would that even help? I too think it looks very clean, much like the whole game.
I'd be suspicious too...
The printing errors and the newness of the sticker's appearance. Not to mention you're a new member to the site, with no history here.
Any buyer, I'd warn to pay only for what they see on the table.

The fact is, it says nothing and adds no value. I mean, all the items are there that make it an early production. I am not trying to deceive any one, I took a picture of the tag that was in the cabinet, that is it. Did the previous owner change it out? I doubt it. It is clean like the rest of the cabinet. I have no explanation for the typo. The game is what it is, it is in great shape. I dont know of the facets of its history.

I understand I am rather new to Pinside, though I have been on RGP and have bought and sold pins with many people here and there. I make an effort to be up front and honest in all the games I sell and buy.

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

His has no buy in button, that would make it early production unless he went through the trouble of redecaling the front. If you look at the pics he has lock down bar holes, and wear on the front decal.
The metal rails on the mini pf and a plastic could have been purchased or pulled off another game, but they are not common. The only other thing that I have read is that the speaker panel was a little different with three extra lights behind it. I cannot find anything corroborating that though and no pictures to back that up.
Unless this guy is trying to pull off a really elaborate hoax I would leave him be. If he went through the trouble of decaling the cab he might as well have done the whole thing and left it pristine.

If any thing was changed, it was not be me. I purchased the game as you see it. Sample or not, it is an IJ with a playfield in great shape with extra items you do not typically see.

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

Tlamb said:If any thing was changed, it was not be me. I purchased the game as you see it. Sample or not, it is an IJ with a playfield in great shape with extra items you do not typically see.

Exactly why I said "pay for what they see on the table".
When the validity of the "sample" status was brought into question, the price dropped from 7K to 5.5K.

I am done.....I dropped the price because it was set too high. I didnt know what to post it at and with the crazy prices flying around, and see them sell, and no one making offers prior to me setting a price, I tossed a stupid number out there. It had nothing to do with the validity of a sample. Offers were coming around 5500 and I wanted to see, what other than cash, people had to offer. Bottom line. You try to be honest and up front about things, and jerks like you come out and beat people up. Maybe I am over reacting, I am just tried and sick of a community of people that expect the worse out of others. Was a 7k price stupid, yes. Are there other machine flying around for stupid prices, yes. I guess this is what I get for aiming too high.

Sample, what is a sample, I dont know, and now, I really dont care. This game has metal rails on the mini-PF, a PF that has difference you would see on a sample machine, amongst other features. Call it what you want, it is a nice example with a faded cabinet. I really don't care.

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Way to welcome people to the site guys. I wouldn't take any of it personally, Todd. This thread reeks of "I want this game but I'm going to publicly question everything and nitpick ad nauseum until the price is dropped out of frustration."

This place seemed much nice than RGP at first, but it seems all places have their trolls.

I am easy to get a reaction out of and feed the trolls, I try to be nice, honest, easy to work with but it doesnt seem to be worth much.

I bought this game, I am selling it, I didnt touch it other than replace the target decals on the drop targets. I suppose instead of calling something a sample, or CQ, prototype, or anything nowadays, people can, and will bash your nuts.

Seems some samples have all the items known or just some of the items known. Call it an early production if you want, it doesnt matter. The game is what it is, and IJ with some unique difference from the large quantity that exist.

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I would recommend you step back and take a deep breath. You are posting on sites dedicated to collectors. Collectors are passionate about their hobby. Some are very vocal about their passion. I already knocked you for your terms and price, but at the same time I believe it is a sample/early production unless someone went to a lot of trouble to fake it. Given the condition of the front decal I don't see why they would have.
At this point though all the samples are pretty much known it is just a matter of knowing where to dig up the info. It is also about how much time you want to spend.
the trouble with IJ is that the samples don't really do anything the production doesn't. With DW you get a moving topper, tz you get a third magnet with a great multiball start, WWF gets you 3 magnets under the pf like taf. Alot of proto's/samples have different art, or something that really sets them apart.
In my case while I have kicked around the idea of getting an IJ (or sttng) and do have a rbion I could trade, I cannot fathom trading my rbion + 3000k or more for a sample with fade. Especially not when IJ's can be had 3500-4k with fade. In this instance you are expecting a 1500-2k premium for lack of a start button, some small metal rails, and a plastic. This is after you have already dropped the price by 1500.
While you are throwing in decals that are worth up to 300 depending on who made them they are a boat load of work to install correctly. It isn't a simple matter of cleaning the sides off and applying a sticker. The cab needs to be stripped of everything, bondo applied, sanded, repeated, decals applied straight, cut the corners without mistakes, holes cut in for bolts without mistakes, and then the entire thing needs to be re assembled. One false move and you need to replace a decal you may not be able to buy outside of the set.
Regardless of what anyone thinks if it is priced fairly in 1 buyer's opinion it will sell. Usually the higher your price something the longer it will take to find a buyer (that isn't always the case, sometimes you price it cheap and no one near you is looking for it). So like I said, take a deep breath and see what people offer.

I appreciate the constructive feedback. I just felt personally attacked, like I was trying to deceive people, I ensure you, that is not the case.

Once again, thank you, I will learn from this experience for sure.

#44 12 years ago

Matching numbers on PF itself and the back of the unit.

Guessing the one in the cabinet was at the end of a roll? Not sure what would drive rounded corners otherwise.

IJ1.jpgIJ1.jpg IJ2.jpgIJ2.jpg

#52 12 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Don't mean to add any fuel to the flames here, but I was looking at a game I have, and noticed its serial # decal had rounded lower edges!

Attachments wcs_serial.jpg (89.2 KB, 0 downloads) 6 minutes old

I don't think it is fuel. I think water. My tags are original and from the factory bottom line, it is just silly to think otherwise. Ask any HEP restorer, even they can't match the original serial tag exactly.

It is a sample.

#58 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Tlamb said:Ask any HEP restorer, even they can't match the original serial tag exactly.
They are reproduced pretty darn close !
Jim

Hehe, ok well any one other than Jim

You are not helping

They are original.

#62 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

johnwartjr said: ... I was looking at a game I have, and noticed its serial # decal had rounded lower edges!

Uh-oh! Looks like the Chinese have started making knockoff sample IJs now as well ...

Figures, couldnt they have at least fixed the faded cabinet

#63 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

gweempose said:SunKing said:
It's THE BANKER!!! We've all heard of this elusive 'banker' who buys all of B_R's pins and has an amazing collection.
I was beginning to think he was just a figment of BR's imagination ..
LOL ,,, I Wouldn't Lie !! The Banker is 4-Real !!! and I'm Glad he's Here ..

Pinball is for all! It has been an amazing adventure so far. Can't say any other hobby possessed me to drive 6 hours through the night just to sleep in a van in a Walmart parking lot for 3 hours, then wake up and pick up a few machines with a friend across 3 states My wife laughed at me. I would have just gotten a hotel room, but for 3 hours we just passed out. It was pretty epic.

#65 12 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

johnwartjr said:Don't mean to add any fuel to the flames here, but I was looking at a game I have, and noticed its serial # decal had rounded lower edges!
I also noticed that yours is a Midway sticker rather than Williams.

I think it is pretty obvious, I paid John to make new serial tag and told him to make sure it had rounded corners and a typo

Thanks again John!

#67 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I don't think Tlamb's game is a knock off.
This is the IJ sample I got before restoration . The tag is in good shape compared to the rest of the game .
Not sure why one says Midway and the other says Williams ?
Jim

Attachments IMG_3376.JPG (402.1 KB, 0 downloads) 3 minutes old IMG_3380.JPG (412.2 KB, 0 downloads) 3 minutes old IMG_3434.JPG (196.5 KB, 0 downloads) 3 minutes old

John was just showing an example of the serial tag with rounded corners I believe. Someone stated that they are usually 90 corners, and questioned why mine was rounded. I figure it is the tag at the end of a roll.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tlamb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-sample-ij-sw-mi?tu=tlamb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.