Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by IndianaPwns
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3376.JPG
IMG_3380.JPG
IMG_3434.JPG
wcs_serial.jpg
IJ2.jpg
IJ1.jpg
ij_serial.jpg
IJ_SN.jpg

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

Don't mean to add any fuel to the flames here, but I was looking at a game I have, and noticed its serial # decal had rounded lower edges!

wcs_serial.jpg

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Don't mean to add any fuel to the flames here, but I was looking at a game I have, and noticed its serial # decal had rounded lower edges!

Attachments wcs_serial.jpg (89.2 KB, 0 downloads) 6 minutes old

I don't think it is fuel. I think water. My tags are original and from the factory bottom line, it is just silly to think otherwise. Ask any HEP restorer, even they can't match the original serial tag exactly.

It is a sample.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

It's THE BANKER!!! We've all heard of this elusive 'banker' who buys all of B_R's pins and has an amazing collection.

I was beginning to think he was just a figment of BR's imagination ...

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Please stop saying it has been Home use since 1999

My CP has been HUO since 2000, same with NNG. My TZ just came off a route a few weeks ago. What is so wrong about saying that? The just sets a date of when the pin came off a route. It is factually correct. It means it has been in a home only since that date. There are collectors that route pins and swap them in and out of their collection.

#55 7 years ago

Of course it's a sample. I know IJ and I could tell it's a sample!

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Ask any HEP restorer, even they can't match the original serial tag exactly.

They are reproduced pretty darn close !

Jim

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

dung said:
Please stop saying it has been Home use since 1999

My CP has been HUO since 2000, same with NNG. My TZ just came off a route a few weeks ago. What is so wrong about saying that? The just sets a date of when the pin came off a route. It is factually correct. It means it has been in a home only since that date. There are collectors that route pins and swap them in and out of their collection.

It is a sales tactic. Does it give any valuable information? No, because whether it was on route for 1 year or 10 the information does not affect the value. After the fact it has been routed is known, it all comes down to what condition it is in.

Before you even start with saying that knowing how long it has been routed means it may not been as abused, it doesn't. A game that sat broken int he corner of restaurant probably saw less action then a working game in a busy bar for 1 or 2 years. The amount of time it was routed is irrelevant. How much it was used and how well it was cared for is what matters. Spouting that it was only on route from x to x is only blowing smoke. No one can prove it and at best it is irrelevant. Worse is that people try to pass it offer that it means the game is in better condition then one that got pulled off route last month, which may or may not be the case.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Tlamb said:Ask any HEP restorer, even they can't match the original serial tag exactly.
They are reproduced pretty darn close !
Jim

Hehe, ok well any one other than Jim

You are not helping

They are original.

#59 7 years ago

I never thought the current owner printed anything it just looks crazy new.

I think the $5500 price for a sample of IJ is a great price considering condition I think it to be underpriced IMO. IJ is such a fun game and I don't see selling mine anytime soon I would miss it too much.

Best of luck with your sales

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

... I was looking at a game I have, and noticed its serial # decal had rounded lower edges!

Uh-oh! Looks like the Chinese have started making knockoff sample IJs now as well ...

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

SunKing said:

It's THE BANKER!!! We've all heard of this elusive 'banker' who buys all of B_R's pins and has an amazing collection.

I was beginning to think he was just a figment of BR's imagination ..

LOL ,,, I Wouldn't Lie !! The Banker is 4-Real !!! and I'm Glad he's Here ..

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

johnwartjr said: ... I was looking at a game I have, and noticed its serial # decal had rounded lower edges!

Uh-oh! Looks like the Chinese have started making knockoff sample IJs now as well ...

Figures, couldnt they have at least fixed the faded cabinet

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

gweempose said:SunKing said:
I was beginning to think he was just a figment of BR's imagination ..
LOL ,,, I Wouldn't Lie !! The Banker is 4-Real !!! and I'm Glad he's Here ..

Pinball is for all! It has been an amazing adventure so far. Can't say any other hobby possessed me to drive 6 hours through the night just to sleep in a van in a Walmart parking lot for 3 hours, then wake up and pick up a few machines with a friend across 3 states My wife laughed at me. I would have just gotten a hotel room, but for 3 hours we just passed out. It was pretty epic.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I also noticed that yours is a Midway sticker rather than Williams.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

johnwartjr said:Don't mean to add any fuel to the flames here, but I was looking at a game I have, and noticed its serial # decal had rounded lower edges!
I also noticed that yours is a Midway sticker rather than Williams.

I think it is pretty obvious, I paid John to make new serial tag and told him to make sure it had rounded corners and a typo

Thanks again John!

#66 7 years ago

I don't think Tlamb's game is a knock off.

This is the IJ sample I got before restoration . The tag is in good shape compared to the rest of the game .

Not sure why one says Midway and the other says Williams ?

Jim

IMG_3434.JPG IMG_3380.JPG IMG_3376.JPG

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

This is the IJ sample I got before restoration . The tag is in good shape compared to the rest of the game .
Jim

Attachments IMG_3376.JPG (402.1 KB, 0 downloads) 3 minutes old IMG_3380.JPG (412.2 KB, 0 downloads) 3 minutes old IMG_3434.JPG (196.5 KB, 0 downloads) 3 minutes old

John was just showing an example of the serial tag with rounded corners I believe. Someone stated that they are usually 90 corners, and questioned why mine was rounded. I figure it is the tag at the end of a roll.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

John was just showing an example of the serial tag with rounded corners I believe

Yep ,I get it now. Should have read a little closer

Jim

#69 7 years ago

The Midway tag is from a WCS 94 Not an IJ

IJ was made as a WMS game, WCS as a Bally/Midway.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

jalpert said:I've never seen your machine, but I'm 100% positive there are still NIB IJ's out there. Just kind of a bold statement, especially with Chris Hutchens and even Honda being a member of these boards.
IndianaPwns said:I'm about 99% positive my IJ is the highest quality IJ in the world

It has a HEP playfield. He'd be happy to know that.
It's no "built from the bottom up" - but can you even call those machines originals?
(Granted there's nothing wrong with them, I just find them to be outrageously priced)

Sorry but no.This game does NOT have an HEP playfield.It has a Bob Antelman job.Night and day difference.This is a game that was sold and REPLACED with a game with true HEP playfield.
No ill will here but I would not want to inhert this game in any way shape or form regardless of condition because it simply represents none of my work..
Thanks
Christopher Hutchins

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Jim

Attachments IMG_3376.JPG (402.1 KB, 0 downloads) 22 hours old IMG_3380.JPG (412.2 KB, 0 downloads) 22 hours old IMG_3434.JPG (196.5 KB, 1 downloads) 22 hours old

This game is a legit sample and the rounded corners on the serial tag,pink jackpot insert,goldish inserts instead of yellow etc all match the sample IJs I have done and documented.Sorry if this has already been resolved but it is a long read at this point.

Christopher Hutchins

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

IndianaPwns said:jalpert said:I've never seen your machine, but I'm 100% positive there are still NIB IJ's out there. Just kind of a bold statement, especially with Chris Hutchens and even Honda being a member of these boards.
IndianaPwns said:I'm about 99% positive my IJ is the highest quality IJ in the world
It's no "built from the bottom up" - but can you even call those machines originals?
(Granted there's nothing wrong with them, I just find them to be outrageously priced)
Sorry but no.This game does NOT have an HEP playfield.It has a Bob Antelman job.Night and day difference.This is a game that was sold and REPLACED with a game with true HEP playfield.
No ill will here but I would not want to inhert this game in any way shape or form regardless of condition because it simply represents none of my work..
Thanks
Christopher Hutchins

Yeah, BLACK_ROSE cleared this up with me yesterday. My apologies for the misunderstanding, but I've just got to say this is a 10 out of 10 playfield. Bob, whoever he is, has done a first-rate job. I know you must take pride in your work (Heck, you're a legend around here), but you should see what's been done to this thing since you last saw it.

"It belongs in a museum!" Haha!

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

This game is a legit sample and the rounded corners on the serial tag,pink jackpot insert,goldish inserts instead of yellow etc all match the sample IJs I have done and documented.Sorry if this has already been resolved but it is a long read at this point.

Christopher Hutchins

You pointed out somethings that no one had brought up before. So well worth hearing.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

High_End_Pins said:IndianaPwns said:jalpert said:I've never seen your machine, but I'm 100% positive there are still NIB IJ's out there. Just kind of a bold statement, especially with Chris Hutchens and even Honda being a member of these boards.
Thanks
Christopher Hutchins
Yeah, BLACK_ROSE cleared this up with me yesterday. My apologies for the misunderstanding, but I've just got to say this is a 10 out of 10 playfield. Bob, whoever he is, has done a first-rate job. I know you must take pride in your work (Heck, you're a legend around here), but you should see what's been done to this thing since you last saw it.
"It should be a museum." Haha!

Thanks for the apology and the education

Christopher Hutchins

#75 7 years ago

Bob Antelman is a nice guy. I've seen his restoration work, and it's not bad. Bob Antelman is a Doctor who restores pins in his spare time. It's not his full time job or his living.

There are a lot of hobbyists who restore pins in their spare time. I fit that description.

You may not have a critical enough eye to compare a Bob Antleman playfield to a HEP playfield. That's not unexpected, as you are relatively new to this hobby. Bob has restored a few, HEP has restored hundreds. Yes, Bob's work will look miles better than most routed games. But someone with a bit more of a seasoned eye will be able to tear it apart pretty easily.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Bob Antelman is a nice guy. I've seen his restoration work, and it's not bad. Bob Antelman is a Doctor Who restores pins in his spare time. It's not his full time job or his living.
There are a lot of hobbyists who restore pins in their spare time. I fit that description.
You may not have a critical enough eye to compare a Bob Antleman playfield to a HEP playfield. That's not unexpected, as you are relatively new to this hobby. Bob has restored a few, HEP has restored hundreds. Yes, Bob's work will look miles better than most routed games. But someone with a bit more of a seasoned eye will be able to tear it apart pretty easily.

I'm not going to deny that I'm a pin newbie. That's true. Fact is, this thing may look incredible now - but I'm going to play the crap out of this thing, then I'll talk to Chris about a true HEP restore! Haha!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside