Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cardload1 079.jpg
RG5.jpg
RG3.jpg
RG2.jpg
RG1.jpg
RG.jpg
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Diamondplate game, shopped and ready for play.
Signed by Steve Ritchie.
Cons: Faded, Gaff in the head and a few scratches but comes with a lot nicer head and some parts from the donor game.
Some edge wear on center inserts.
Game is located in Lake Arrowhead.
$1,200.00

RG.jpgRG.jpg
RG1.jpgRG1.jpg
RG2.jpgRG2.jpg
RG3.jpgRG3.jpg
RG5.jpgRG5.jpg
cardload1 079.jpgcardload1 079.jpg

#2 9 years ago

lol @ signature location.

Diamondplate definitely wasn't the end-all-be-all protection on RG, eh? I had to level inserts on ours, but man, the colors really pop a lot more on the DP versions, at least to my eye.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

lol @ signature location.
Diamondplate definitely wasn't the end-all-be-all protection on RG, eh? I had to level inserts on ours, but man, the colors really pop a lot more on the DP versions, at least to my eye.

No, But the non diamond plate game I had was worn to the wood, missing boards and was parted.
The game is almost 25 years old so it is gonna show some wear.
That is the only place Steve will sign on a Rollergames.

#4 9 years ago

Yep. Usually the magnet is horri-bad on these, yours and the one I had are the only two that I've seen that still had the keylining intact...and coincidentally, are the only two verified DP RG's I've see also.

#5 9 years ago

Evening bump.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yep. Usually the magnet is horri-bad on these, yours and the one I had are the only two that I've seen that still had the keylining intact...and coincidentally, are the only two verified DP RG's I've see also.

I know of a dp roller games at a laundromat in paradise ca.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I know of a dp roller games at a laundromat in paradise ca.

Best go buy that thing.

#8 9 years ago

Bump and price reduction.

#9 9 years ago

Is the WPT for sale too?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is the WPT for sale too?

Long gone, I have BK, T3, Hyperball and this RG left.

#11 9 years ago

Lake arrowhead Maine or California? One is somewhat drivable for me (please be the one on the east coast)

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Lake arrowhead Maine or California? One is somewhat drivable for me (please be the one on the east coast)

Sorry, he's in CA.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sorry, he's in CA.

Bummer.

On the other hand, I'd always heard that the prices were high in California, yet this seems like a solid deal for the taking.

Bump for the OP and a great title.

#14 9 years ago

Tempted..... Rock! Rock! Rock! Rollergames!

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tempted..... Rock! Rock! Rock! Rollergames!

Go on Rare, you know you love the 80s ....

Good solid fun game, this one.

rd.

#17 9 years ago

Free bump, don't part out this game.

#18 9 years ago

OK, PM sent...I guess it's up to me to save it! Don't part it! Wah!

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Do it
Do it
Do it
Do it

Don't make me buy another Rollergames and ship it to NZ!!

I don't need two!!

rd.

#20 9 years ago

I posted the game on CL and if it doesn't sell by Friday I will notify the people that want the parts and I will part it next Saturday.

#21 9 years ago

Why don't you take a trip across the country thru michigan? I would buy it in a heart beat! Lol

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinwin69:

Why don't you take a trip across the country thru michigan? I would buy it in a heart beat! Lol

People out of state want it but shipping on a sys. 11 is almost half the cost of the game.
Since nobody local wants it the only other option is to sell the parts, people will pay to have a plug and play DP PF shipped but not the entire game.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Quoted from tracelifter:

I posted the game on CL and if it doesn't sell by Friday I will notify the people that want the parts and I will part it next Saturday.

#24 9 years ago

Rob - I told Trace I'd take it if he delivered. He'd rather part it than deliver it. I don't want it bad enough to pick it up. Oh well.

#25 9 years ago

I drove 400 miles round trip for the one I picked up as a project with a project DE time machine that was in even worse condition and you're pooching it over 160 miles? Man, for all the traffic you guys have in L.A., you sure do hate driving.

#26 9 years ago

Just part it already.

#27 9 years ago

Can you guys just meet in the middle or something? I'll buy somebody a case of beer to save a Rollergames...

#28 9 years ago

Are we really parting out (and encouraging to part out) fully working non-basketcase games now? That's a very sad comment on this hobby.

#29 9 years ago

ok, the game is 1,200 complete. tracelifter wants it gone asap.
the playfield fully populated will go for what$ 7-800?
the boards 2-3 hundred? he will make his asking price. then, you still have the cab to get rid of.
if I only had the cash id be driving there now and its 20 hours round trip. for the love of god someone local get this. come pagg you will get every cent back+ from a nor cal pinhead. I know practical steve has been looking for one for some time.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Are we really parting out (and encouraging to part out) fully working non-basketcase games now? That's a very sad comment on this hobby.

Use to happen a lot. Helps people keep other games going. It's not like parting a game is putting it in the dump, it's about creating a resource for parts that may otherwise be impossible to find.

Would I rather people not need parts? Of course, but if the game is getting parted to help fix up other games is that such a deplorable act?

#31 9 years ago

It is if the game is a nice example, fully playing, and just being parted because it did not sell as whole in a 1 week.

Seems crazy to me, esp since it will sell with a little time for the 1200. Hell, if he put it on ebay it would likely be sold for more as the last few avg 1500 (7 in the past 6 months for avg of 1492).

It is completely deplorable to get rid of an entire game that works and is actually fun to play by parting it out.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is if the game is a nice example, fully playing, and just being parted because it did not sell as whole in a 1 week.
Seems crazy to me, esp since it will sell with a little time for the 1200. Hell, if he put it on ebay it would likely be sold for more as the last few avg 1500 (7 in the past 6 months for avg of 1492).
It is completely deplorable to get rid of an entire game that works and is actually fun to play by parting it out.

If 5 games can be made playable by parting one is it still deplorable?

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Rob - I told Trace I'd take it if he delivered. He'd rather part it than deliver it. I don't want it bad enough to pick it up. Oh well.

I wouldn't be driving 180 miles round trip to sell a $1200.00 game either, so I can't blame Tracelifter for not wanting to make that drive.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I wouldn't be driving 180 miles round trip to sell a $1200.00 game either, so I can't blame Tracelifter for not wanting to make that drive.

Hate to see it parted out, but don't need another pin that badly.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Just part it already.

I've gotten some thumbs downs for this.

I originally saw the "parting out" thread of this game and inquired about a part I wanted to buy. My post was more a jab at the OP than wanting the game parted out.

Would I rather a game be kept together? Of course I would, but I also see the benefit of games getting parted out. There a are a lot of older games that now get played daily in people's game rooms due to games getting parted out in the past.

#36 9 years ago

I had to part one with a trashed PF to get this one built or it would have gone to the dump.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

If 5 games can be made playable by parting one is it still deplorable?

In this case, yes.

Part out games should be already dead, dirty, and missing major parts already. Thus the effort to bring that single game back to life is outweighed by the benefit to part out.

Also, this game will bring more as a whole than the individual parts IMHO.

Assuming it has the same issues as most other games, the wall ramp is cracked at entrance, the plastic over the drops is blasted, and a few other plastics are broken. Plastics don't matter now that CPR made new sets. Other parts seem to already be readily available from the others that were recently parted out and sold on ebay piece by piece.

#38 9 years ago

I also would hate to see it get parted out...I also would not expect Trace to deliver it as well...if I did not buy a sopranos and LOTR last week I would go up and pick this up from Eric just to trade it at a later date...unfortunately I have no cash or any space for another pin right now...hopefully someone will get it and let it live on..

Long live rollergames

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

In this case, yes.
Part out games should be already dead, dirty, and missing major parts already. Thus the effort to bring that single game back to life is outweighed by the benefit to part out.
Also, this game will bring more as a whole than the individual parts IMHO.
Assuming it has the same issues as most other games, the wall ramp is cracked at entrance, the plastic over the drops is blasted, and a few other plastics are broken. Plastics don't matter now that CPR made new sets. Other parts seem to already be readily available from the others that were recently parted out and sold on ebay piece by piece.

You do understand that those "missing major parts" are probably the parts that people are needing?

When looking for parts I usually post a "anyone part out a xxxx" thread but rarely do I get responses. I did find some parts for my DW that were found that way. With so many people in the hobby now less and less games get parted.

#40 9 years ago

I wouldn't think that you'd be able to part out the game 100% either. Boards, translite, playfield and parts, maybe the apron and coindoor. After that you've got a decent (though faded) cabinet with other leftover parts destined for the garbage truck. If the cab's going to sit around long enough to effectively part out, it's a shame it can't sit around long enough to sell as a complete game, IMHO.

A few months ago there was a Frontier being parted, and there was enough of a hue and cry to save it that the game was eventually sold in its entirety, to be eventually restored. Brought a tear to me eye.

#41 9 years ago

I am not sure what parts you need Taylor but there have been TONS of RG parts on ebay the past few months. Just keep searching on a regular basis.

If you need the wall ramp, it is the most important part of the game and even when parting it should be the premium piece. The DP pf, wall ramp, boards, and a few key plastics are the important things if this game that are worth $. After you sell those then you are still left to dispose of the other junk and cabinet and probably only bring in $600-800 in parts.

If this game really needs to go quick then offer to ship terminal to terminal ($200ish) and you will be able to get it sold. Alternatively just post it on ebay "as-is" starting at $1 and let it ride.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

if I only had the cash id be driving there now and its 20 hours round trip. for the love of god someone local get this. come pagg you will get every cent back+ from a nor cal pinhead. I know practical steve has been looking for one for some time.

I know, the 18+ hour round trip really makes this a tough one, that and not having the cash. As much as I am dying over this, no matter how I go over it in my head its just not the right time for me. I was planning on selling Taxi but Pinwillie wants to buy it back and needs more time and as he is one of the best guys I know in the hobby he gets all the time he needs. I would rather keep my word with him and help him out more than getting any other game because you need to keep your friends in the hobby happy and keep your integrity at the same time above all else.

Plus after calculating the mileage I would be looking at $200+ in gas. In addition I would have to take a day off from work to do it and thats money lost there as well. Calculate eating and other incidentals its at least another $400 on my end.

I wish Trace the best of luck with this. I hope someone buys it complete because it would be great to see it stay in tact, but also thats less work for him, he doesn't have to take it apart and ship stuff which is a hassle.

If he has to part it, so be it, and no one should give him guff for it. Sounds like the fully populated playfield, boards and translite all would be sold in a snap and those are the best parts of the game anyway, if this game has any fault its the cabinet.

If you live close by and have the money and room you are a damn fool not to buy this. You can sell this in six months for the same price easy, especially if you took it to an event like it never drains, or Pin a Go-go. I honestly cant see why this hasn't sold, it would have been gone in an hour up here after hitting craigslist.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I know, the 18+ hour round trip really makes this a tough one, that and not having the cash. As much as I am dying over this, no matter how I go over it in my head its just not the right time for me. I was planning on selling Taxi but Pinwillie wants to buy it back and needs more time and as he is one of the best guys I know in the hobby he gets all the time he needs. I would rather keep my word with him and help him out more than getting any other game because you need to keep your friends in the hobby happy and keep your integrity at the same time above all else.
Plus after calculating the mileage I would be looking at $200+ in gas. In addition I would have to take a day off from work to do it and thats money lost there as well. Calculate eating and other incidentals its at least another $400 on my end.
I wish Trace the best of luck with this. I hope someone buys it complete because it would be great to see it stay in tact, but also thats less work for him, he doesn't have to take it apart and ship stuff which is a hassle.
If he has to part it, so be it, and no one should give him guff for it. Sounds like the fully populated playfield, boards and translite all would be sold in a snap and those are the best parts of the game anyway, if this game has any fault its the cabinet.
If you live close by and have the money and room you are a damn fool not to buy this. You can sell this in six months for the same price easy, especially if you took it to an event like it never drains, or Pin a Go-go. I honestly cant see why this hasn't sold, it would have been gone in an hour up here after hitting craigslist.

hell be dammed! I will make the trip with you. ROAD TRIP! well, ok. I have to get up early too.
we can dream.

#44 9 years ago

I know what you are saying trace. It sucks because prices here are pretty high but the good prices are to far for me to drive! I really would buy it if you were close to me. I know that doesn't mean much though!

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinwin69:

I know what you are saying trace. It sucks because prices here are pretty high but the good prices are to far for me to drive! I really would buy it if you were close to me. I know that doesn't mean much though!

offer him 1k and ask to have him ship terminal to terminal. You will have it home for around $1250 if he accepts the 1k offer...

#46 9 years ago

$200+ in gas. ...... Calculate eating and other incidentals its at least another $400 on my end.

you don't have to stop at Ruths Chris steakhouse for lunch!!! 6 bucks at bakers and your good to go......long live rollergames!

#47 9 years ago

Pm has been sent, Brad.

#48 9 years ago

Hey Steve

Just come get the game and pay me what you can when you can.

#49 9 years ago

^ ^ ^ ^

Practical Steve / Pin Willie / TraceLifter are all great dudes! Make it happen capn' !

#50 9 years ago

Save that pin! Save that pin! Save that pin! Go Steve Go!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-rollergames-in-so-cal/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.