Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Jean-Luc-Picard
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pot-kettle-black.jpg
DSC05884.JPG
DSC05883.JPG
DSC05882.JPG
DSC05881.JPG
DSC05880.JPG
DSC05879.JPG
DSC05878.JPG

#1 7 years ago

This Road Kings is in reasonable shape. The machine boots up and plays just fine. All mechanicals on the playfield work just fine. The machine needs a shop job. Pictures can be found in the market section of Pinside.

Thanks for looking,

Sean

#2 7 years ago

I forgot you can add pictures to forum posts. . . duh!

DSC05878.JPG DSC05879.JPG DSC05880.JPG DSC05881.JPG DSC05882.JPG DSC05883.JPG DSC05884.JPG
2 weeks later
#4 7 years ago

Thanks for the inquiries, this one is sold.

2 weeks later
#5 7 years ago

Well, it looks like this machine has had nothing done to it and has been relisted for $1250 on SFBay CL. I gave him a free new NOS glass to install in the ball count and credit display and that is still not working. The same dirty rubber on the flippers. This seller won't be getting anymore of my projects.

Sean

#6 7 years ago

Damn I would have loved this game - great theme...

#7 7 years ago

How about that Indy that looks like a storage table no love

#8 7 years ago

that's a way better deal than the one for $1600 that's been sitting on the local craigs list for months.

#9 7 years ago

Wait.......

So a flipper is upset someone is trying to flip a game that he sold them????

LOL.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

Well, it looks like this machine has had nothing done to it and has been relisted for $1250 on SFBay CL. I gave him a free new NOS glass to install in the ball count and credit display and that is still not working. The same dirty rubber on the flippers. This seller won't be getting anymore of my projects.
Sean

Why do you care what he does with it? You got your money, move on.

If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black!

#11 7 years ago

Sean... That's how all of us feel in the Bay Area when a great priced pin gets snapped up by you and all the other flippers. We are all cool with your fair price later on it, post shop, but we all remember it listed for a lot less and we all know what effort would go into shopping it and that turn around effort. But, whatever, we also get out own great deals by our selves and still work real jobs. All good.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Wait.......
So a flipper is upset someone is trying to flip a game that he sold them????
LOL.

Thank you for stepping up.I guess we shall all get banned together pot-kettle-black.jpg

#13 7 years ago

Perhaps, but I do work on all of the games I purchase and sell, even this Road Kings. I got it to 100% functionaly with the exception of the one display. I am not knocking that the person flipped the game. What I am upset about is that this game is not ready for prime time. It has not been shopped, the new glass I gave him has not been installed, etc. Unfortunately, this will come back to bite the hobby in the butt because some unsuspecting buyer is going to get it thinking it is fully functional and it isn't. I will be very careful on who I sell project games to in the future.

#14 7 years ago

CL sucks, I always get ripped off... Yet I still check it everyday. lol

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

CL sucks, I always get ripped off...

This wouldn't happen to Captain Kirk.

#16 7 years ago

I don't think a Road Kings could sell for >$899 fully shopped and operating, even in XMAS season.
0 have sold on ebay in the last 90 days. 1 was listed, and didn't sell.

This wouldn't be from the Santa Rosa guy -- he's been trying to sell his Road Kings for 3+ months now if not longer for ~$1250 (now $1050), and his stuff seems to never sell in general. Same CL ads over and over Xenon, and others never selling...

Ok, I see your point the nick in the upper right of the backbox is the same. Def, Same machine. Says it's in SF, no idea who that is, but I swear I've seen another ad with a rocky and a tales on either side for months...

-mof

#17 7 years ago

The machine that was on ebay was this one and I ended the listed when this guy bought it. He also bought a Haunted House from me and that may have been where you saw the rocky and tales. This is not the guy up in Santa Rosa.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

The machine that was on ebay was this one and I ended the listed when this guy bought it. He also bought a Haunted House from me and that may have been where you saw the rocky and tales. This is not the guy up in Santa Rosa.

Ty. Makes sense.
-mof

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

This wouldn't happen to Captain Kirk.

Haha, maybe. I guess that is what we have to expect from classifieds. Its a gamble, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside