(Topic ID: 32149)

FS: RFM Beautiful Cond. Located betw. Detroit and Ann Arbor, MI $3200 (Sold)

By flipperfingers

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hey Guys,

This is my first "for sale" since I've been a member of Pinside. I just put a posting on CL as well. It was blowing a fuse. Clay Herrell came out to fix it and replaced a diode that he said may have been caused by a bad LED. (Come to find out, he hates LED's in general.) Anyway, it's got a clean bill of health and works 100% and plays perfectly, which it always has aside from this (now fixed) problem. I'm not particularly interested in shipping, but I suppose that I wouldn't rule it out. I've just never done it.

Here's what it says:

I've decided to sell my truly beautiful Revenge from Mars pinball machine. I'm not a collector or a flipper. I'm just a guy who loves pinball. I've had four machines in my life- Twilight Zone, Tommy, No Good Gofers, and now Revenge from Mars. When my wife says that I can have one pinball machine at a time, you simply have to move on after a while. My Revenge from Mars is super nice, and I am picky.

I purchased Revenge from Mars from a guy on the west side of the state who purchased it from an older couple that had it in their summer house which they were at 2 months a year. They said they owned it for 7 years, so it did not get played very much, and they also said they purchased it from someone that worked at Bally when they were still in business. I am not saying it is a HUO but it is in very nice condition. It has a new $325.00 Suzo-Happs 19" led monitor. It really fits awesome with the machine and makes the images look great. It also lightens the weight of the machine by a significant amount, which makes transporting it a whole lot easier. It has the original PC in it and its running great. It literally looks like brand new inside the case. There's not a speck of dust and it is as quiet as a mouse. The playfield is in super nice condition. I believe in full disclosure and total honesty, which is why my other three machines sold super fast. The only flaws I can see on the playfield are a couple of areas on two inserts where a tiny tiny amount of color appears to be gone. There's just a tiny bit of white instead of color. The inserts aren't raised or damaged in any way so maybe it's always been like that. I don't know. The other is a tiny mark on the saucer insert. (See website pics.) Again, this is really minor, but I'd feel guilty in not pointing it out.

The machine has been a total pleasure to own and is working 100% like new. There are no broken plastics, even the pop up ramp looks new. It has a cliffy protector in the Stroke of Luck hole (no wear underneath I don't think), and plastics protectors. There are LEDs throughout the machine (well at least about 95% of it) in the GIs and inserts. The cabinet is in very nice condition with maybe a tiny mark here or there but no fade and no decal wrinkles. There are a couple of scuffs on the red t-mold trim, but nothing major at all. Again, I just believe in full disclosure.

The price is $3200 as you will not need to invest a dime in this machine. I'll come down $25.00-$50.00 at the most if I have to be minimally involved in getting it out of my basement, but that's as far as I'll go down. But to tell you the truth, it's actually very easy to maneuver. The top comes off and can be carried by hand with LED monitor being so light. The cabinet and playfield are moved very easily with a hand truck-- much easier than a traditional pin. If you don't think that this machine is worth $3200, please find another machine that you'll be happy with. I don't gouge and I mean it when I say that I would rather be a little happy (by selling the machine) and you be VERY happy by getting a great machine at a great price then the other way around.

Please see additional pictures at http://revengefrommars.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

Please e-mail or call me at 734-Five Six Zero-8415

#2 11 years ago

Pm sent....

#3 11 years ago

So close to me....but a bit out of my range right now. Good luck with the sale!

#4 11 years ago

Moving to marketplace sub-forum.

#5 11 years ago

RFM is sold. Todd (aka tamoore) was awesome to work with. Came to see the machine like he said he would. Transaction was super smooth. Thanks.

#6 11 years ago

Thank you, Dave!

Great seller. Honest to a fault, and very helpful.

It was awkward buying a guy's last (only) pin. It felt like I was leaving him with nothing...

However, I couldn't be happier with this machine.... If anything, it is nicer than described. The nicest machine I own now, for sure. Can't wait to get it all the way home tomorrow and install it into the arcade..... Wife still doesn't know about it....

#7 11 years ago

Congrats on your sale and purchase.... that was a nice RFM. I know for a fact

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 85.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-rfm-beautiful-cond-located-betw-detroit-and-ann-arbor-mi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.