Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Gerry
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

14.jpg
13.jpg
11.jpg
10.jpg
9.jpg
8.jpg
7.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Now that you've been tractor beamed in here by the price, here's the low-down on this machine (with no more puns):

This RFM is a little bit of a project. But what better time for a project than winter? I just have too many projects and this one has been around for at least two winters untouched. I say project because even though it starts up and plays fine, it has these issues:

- The monitor is dead. I was told it did work, but I plugged it in only once and it wouldn't come up. The tube has some noticeable burn-in anyways so my plan was (and may still be) to put an LCD in it, which I already have (but is not included). It shows a picture on the LCD just fine, so I know it's just the monitor.

- Power driver board has two bad diodes, causing some controlled lamps to not work. Probably shorted.

- A few switches need to be adjusted or replaced. All coils seem to be fine.

Cosmetically, the machine is OK but not great. Plenty of nicks and scratches on the cabinet, and the decals are wrinkled around the legs (like many of them). Touch it up with black paint nice and easy, or replace the decals...your call. The playfield is about average. Typical wear at the stroke of luck hole and shooter lane. There is one strange spot of wear that I've zoomed in on in a picture below -- hard to notice otherwise. Also a hole below the flippers, which are indeed lightning flippers. No damage to the ramps or plastics that I can see. Could use rubbers and/or a "shop job" as there are plenty of bulbs burnt out as well, I'm sure.

I think that about covers it. Ask questions freely. Pretty firm on the price. $100 goes to St. Jude's when it sells.

Now for pics...

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

#2 7 years ago

More pics with playfield out and under the bright lights...

6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Now that you've been tractor beamed in here by the price

Awesome, made me laugh. : P

GLWS!

#4 7 years ago

Pics of the monitor that TNT would probably throw off a roof...

13.jpg 14.jpg

#5 7 years ago

...I fall for it every time!

#6 7 years ago

All PMs responded to. Had errors when responding to one or two earlier so if you didn't get a response, please send it again. Doesn't look like this will last long.

#7 7 years ago

I had a quick question regarding the machine movers I saw on the fourth picture down, do they work well when moving machines over tile, concrete, and carpet? I was looking to purchase a set but did not know if they are worth it over the big pin movers themselves? I apologize for off the topic a bit but best of luck with the sale!

#8 7 years ago

No problem PinJer! They work great over any smooth surface, and pretty good over bumpy surfaces (tile, stone, driveways). If you hit a large pebble or something similar it tends to pop off, but setting it back up only takes 10 seconds or less. Pretty much anyone who sees it in action for the first time says "oh man I have to get one of those!" I wish they were cheaper, but aside from that I really like them (and bought a lot of them).

#9 7 years ago

Sounds great! There is a pair on Ebay for $140 so I am thinking about picking a pair up here in the next few days. Thank you for the review.

#10 7 years ago

I have a set and they are great for quick moving around if you're alone. I've brought pins in and out of the house with them.

#11 7 years ago

Sold and gone! Went to an awesome Pinside member who will give it the love and attention it needs. Thanks for all the interest guys 'n gals. St. Jude's thanks you too.

#12 7 years ago

I've been mostly watching on these forums since I got back into pinball about a year ago, but I'm the one who bought this machine so I feel the need to report on my experience with the transaction. I've met some great people in the PA/NJ/NY pinball and amusement circles so far, however I have to say I was really impressed by Ryan's (Jesters Amusements) approach to doing business.

This was a very fair price for RFM based on my research of current prices and I went into it expecting a "project" to work on over the next few months. What better way to spend some free time this winter, right? What I wasn't expecting when I picked up the machine was for Ryan to spend the next 2 hours with me in his shop explaining every detail of what I might need to do to fix the issues, the history of RFM and quirks of the Pinball 2000 platform based on his experience, potential issues with this particular machine, etc, etc. While we were talking we noticed a minor issue with the green aliens - just one of a number of things I'll need to try to fix. While explaining to me how best to resolve the issue he went back to his supply area and pulled out the exact replacement sleeves I would need and handed them to me. When he noticed the leg bolts didn't match he grabbed a full set of new ones and gave them to me. When we talked about the replacement options for the monitor and an LCD, he offered a brand new one that he happened to have. Instead of trying to make a few extra bucks on the deal and sell it to me for the going rate (around $250 shipped) he offered it to me for $150, a loss for him, since he didn't have another use for it. To top it all off he is donating $100 for this RFM sale to charity in my name and sending me the receipt. I wish we had more people doing business like that in the world, it would be a better place.

Is everyone in the pinball business this cool?? If so I'm going to quit my day job!

-Jay

#13 7 years ago

Well done pinballx.

#14 7 years ago

Thats a great testimonial Jay. It's wonderful to hear good feedback on transactions like this.

#15 7 years ago

That's awesome. Glad you took the time to write that up.

#16 7 years ago

good story! Ryan is a solid guy, glad hes in my backyard! Go amish country!

#18 7 years ago

Great story, wish there were more people in the hobby like this. Cheers to you both.

Chris

#19 7 years ago

Now all we need to do is hire Lebanon Levi to take care of the few A-holes in the hobby and we'd be all set....

And if he cant get the job done we should call Merlin ! LOL

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside