Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4093 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2695 (resized).jpeg
PF.jpg
game.jpg

#1 8 years ago

1958 Williams Soccer Kick Off pinball arcade game. This is a rare restored woodrail. They don't come up very often & not in this condition.This is a collector quality game with a fresh restoration. Cabinet repainted & clear-coated, playfield touched up and clear-coated, repainted legs, all chrome and metal parts polished, completely shopped, new bumper caps & bodies, rubbers & bulbs. New reproduction backglass, All parts have been cleaned and adjusted. This game looks & plays great. Complete with schematic & keys
Thanks,
Izzy

game.jpg PF.jpg

8 years later
#2 8 months ago

I am currently restoring this machine but the original cabinet detail has all been lost. Can you send me any details on the paint-work or add anything to your post?

A huge mystery I have is that the machine has been converted to Metal-Rails and the backbox is tapered??? In the two years that I have this machine I have not been able to find any explanation for this so if you have any ideas then please let me know?

The first machine produced by Willams was 'Kick-Off' and themed American Football. They then produced a UK version called 'Soccer Kick-Off' for which they added some footballers to the Backglass but otherwise left it alone. The result was Soccer with Cheer-Leaders, that never happens!

IMG_2695 (resized).jpegIMG_4093 (resized).jpeg
#3 8 months ago
Quoted from JacksonsInLiss:

A huge mystery I have is that the machine has been converted to Metal-Rails and the backbox is tapered??? In the two years that I have this machine I have not been able to find any explanation for this so if you have any ideas then please let me know

Maybe it was an attempt to (cheaply) modernize the game back when woodrails were becoming less popular to avoid paying for a brand new game.

#4 8 months ago

Possibly the cabinet was toast and they put in a newer cabinet. PM me and I'll see if I can find the files for the stencils, but it will not directly work on your cabinet without modifications.

#5 8 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Maybe it was an attempt to (cheaply) modernize the game back when woodrails were becoming less popular to avoid paying for a brand new game.

It is very likely that the cabinet was replaced by another that is obviously "Williams" and of a later date but I cannot find any game with this Back-Box. The main cabinet is identical to other 1958 machines part from the metal rails. I am going to remove the metal rails, anyhow, as I need to work on the cabinet woodwork that has been damaged at the back (note the back panel has been replaced with one made from MDF) so I might find some clues beneath? I noticed that the inside of the cabinet is a darker green that the component-boards???

I know that the manufacturers used to supply upgrade kits for machines and that they would take machines back to the factory and update them. This is another possibility?

I need to move this to a new Post as it has moved away from the original Post for 'Pinballs for Sale". I will put something together soon!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside